Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Ah, no. What it is, is Blizzard seeing a market niche and a potential revenue source from the private server crowd, and acting on it because Blizzard wants your money. What Classic fans disillusioned with modern WoW ought to hope for isn't WoW2 (because very few MMO sequels go over well; GW2 and FFXIV: A Realm Reborn are the exceptions and not the rule) but that post-BFA WoW will take the lessons learned from both modern WoW and Classic and amalgamate the best aspects of both going forward.
    Ah, Thage. Sensible and intuitive.

I largely agree but, strangely, I don't rule out the possibility of a new MMORPG when it comes time to run down the clock on World of Warcraft. It can't go on indefinitely, and I doubt Blizzard would want it to given that it's already creaking under the strain of its history. If a talented designer collective could synthesise all the things that made the classic and modern games great, while innovating toward future design concepts, I think we could see a great game developed.

Sadly, I just don't think Blizzard has those designers any more; and the ones they do have are on other projects, unlikely to return.

I wish they would make a single play version of wow. I do not think they ever will though. They are making a lot more money on it being an MMO. If blizzard made a single player game to go along with the MMO, they would lose a lot of players to it and make less money.

It is a major problem with the elder scrolls series now too. They will probably never make a single player version because they are probably making more money as an mmo.
    Last edited by Nihilist74; 2018-04-16 at 07:29 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    So its not wow two... Its like saying ESO is Skyrim 2.... Yes its the same franchise but it's a different genre...

Its like if you considered pokemon truzzle or pokemon mystery dungeon part of the main pokemon series. Its called a spinoff. Hell wow is a spinoff of Warcraft.
    In this context it is WoW 2 since it would be the same story as WoW but from a single adventurers perspective (or group if co-op).

Classic is intended as a blast from the past for nostalgia purposes. Classic will not be immensly popular, and won't beat the newest version of WoW in numbers. Also there will be no WoW 2. Anything else?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    In this context it is WoW 2 since it would be the same story as WoW but from a single adventurers perspective (or group if co-op).
    so like how ESO is skyrim 2...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Why do people always bang on about Wow 2. There will never be a Wow 2. The devs have even said as much. Wow gets updated in patches and new expansions. The game you play now technically is nothing like what is was 5 or 10 years ago. The game evolves slowly, you are already playing Wow 2 and in 5 years time the game will be nothing like it is today, basically it will evolve into Wow 3, but these names are meaningless. Wow evolves over time meaning there is no need for any Wow 2 or 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Classic is intended as a blast from the past for nostalgia purposes. Classic will not be immensly popular, and won't beat the newest version of WoW in numbers. Also there will be no WoW 2. Anything else?
    people want classic becasue it was a better game then the crap they dish out today, todays wow is not the same game as it was not even close. i cant say classic for blizz will be a big hit or not beacsue people can play that for free else where but 1000's and 1000's do play classic. same goes for TBC i played on 2 TBC servers one has 12,000+ players, classic and TBC was a real mmo TBC was wows prime years TBC is why wrath sold so well and it was all downhill after that.

not sure how many people that played classic still play on live liek i said they can go else where i would guess most on live today started playing long after wow changed. if classic does well then blizz will look to make TBC server to try and bring in all the players who left and play on private servers for free...

Classic will be fun if they are able to make the major events repeatable on sharded instances within each server like scenarios ( forgoing the server specific rewards like the AQ mount ). Also people will need to expect there to be achievements and ability to unlock transmog items that are no longer available available on live as well since it is account wide, you know how much money Blizzard will make on people who want the look of something not in game anymore? I can tell you a lot of people will grind out a level 60 to get looks for stuff not in-game anymore. You are getting a remastered version of Vanilla not an exact replica, this is likely why they did not tell anyone any details about it yet some of the super purists will lose their goddamn minds once they show it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    Pretty much this. I been saying forever with all the new systems in place like World Quests (which can eventually be added to initial leveling process) and Mythic + dungeons Legion is basically a small rebirth for WoW. Going forward these systems will lead the way for whatever grind competitions they have in mind,
    World quests already exist in the leveling process, they are called Bonus Objectives.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Yes probably. I think they want to test how people want to come back to a real MMORPG rather than the arcade game that is Legion.

No, classic will there to get maybe 100k more players for some time, nothing more.

If there will ever be a new mmo from blizzard it will be full of micro payments, lootboxes and stuff like this.

I wish they created WoW2 already so we can have a fresh start and leave the old game for the old whales

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    so like how ESO is skyrim 2...
    No it would be the otherway around. ESO would be WoW and Skyrim (with all of Tamriel) would be WoW 2. Since like I said MMO's are smaller than their RPG counterparts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonnau View Post
    Based off of 10+ years of forum posts, we know that the overall community is very split between whether Classic will be a success that brings us back to the good old days or whether it will make people realize that the past cannot be recaptured.

It is a total tin foil hat theory, but what if Blizz is bringing Classic to life in an effort to truly see which model is more appealing to us in order to lay the groundwork for WoW 2 in the distant future? If Classic brings millions back and the open world, grinding it out, leveling matters, magic is recaptured then WoW 2 takes that form. If not, WoW retail continues forever and the current design model is deemed the better option.
    Hahaha hahahá xdddddddddddddddddddd SURE NOT

Classic has absolutely nothing to do with Wow 2. What would a 14 year old version of the game have to do with what would ultimately be a complete redesign? If there is a WoW 2 it won't borrow much if anything from the philosophies from the vanilla version of the game. The people that designed classic have moved on to different roles in blizzard and a new team with a new vision is heading up WoW.

Just look at MMO history. Ultima online came out and EA pushed the team to make UO2. It could not be done, as the new game will most likely have to keep up with the originals features (and new features get added to the existing game). There are a number of Interviews with Richard Garriot, the guy who created the Ultima series. He explains why UO2 was a bad idea.

He wanted to push for I think "wing commander" to be made into an MMO. But EA wanted UO2 for some reason despite any objections he raised.

It is the same thing with Wow, with how making a second MMO from the original game in a new engine is just a bad idea and really difficult and costly to pull off. Blizzard so far has rightly put energy into making new expansions and new games set in other universes etc.

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    people want classic becasue it was a better game then the crap they dish out today, todays wow is not the same game as it was not even close. i cant say classic for blizz will be a big hit or not beacsue people can play that for free else where but 1000's and 1000's do play classic. same goes for TBC i played on 2 TBC servers one has 12,000+ players, classic and TBC was a real mmo TBC was wows prime years TBC is why wrath sold so well and it was all downhill after that.

not sure how many people that played classic still play on live liek i said they can go else where i would guess most on live today started playing long after wow changed. if classic does well then blizz will look to make TBC server to try and bring in all the players who left and play on private servers for free...
    People are free to enojy different things. The claim that millions of people prefer classic and would actually pay to play it for a prolonged amounts of time is baseless and exists mostly in the fanboys' fantasies.

This will be verified when Classic finally comes out, sure some people like it more and will play it, but will it be the majority?

It's all about feelings, preferences and nostalgia. When it comes to features, options and content, current wow is the one objectively superior in all those aspects, that much is undebatable.

What would be the purpose of a "WoW 2" ?

Retail has changed so radically from vanilla that is practically IS "wow 2" at this point.

Lol, of all the delusions of grandure...

WoW2 has already happened, it came with TBC. We're in WoW 7 soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    People are free to enojy different things. The claim that millions of people prefer classic and would actually pay to play it for a prolonged amounts of time is baseless and exists mostly in the fanboys' fantasies.

This will be verified when Classic finally comes out, sure some people like it more and will play it, but will it be the majority?

It's all about feelings, preferences and nostalgia. When it comes to features, options and content, current wow is the one objectively superior in all those aspects, that much is undebatable.
    Quoted for 100% truth.