Page 1 of 2
LastLast

People who claim to have no vices.

Can you really trust people who claim to have no vices? They've got to he lying about something
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    That or I assume they were terribly sheltered growing up.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Some people can't help themselves. Change your habits and behavior while you still can. You don't wanna know what it's like to get older and have your body react out of instinct regardless of your thoughts and what you're attempting to teach and learn yourself. Old habits die hard..

E. People will still react to pain/pleasure which can be used as a vice.. Bread and circuses is another.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2018-04-16 at 09:29 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Can you really trust people who claim to have no vices? They've got to he lying about something
    Everyone has a vice, some people it's drugs, some people it's shit posting on MMOC.

Some people dont consider all vices bad.

People addicted to their job/career are praised for example when it isnt that healthy

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It comes down I think to what people consider to be a 'vice'.

I, for example, do not drink, smoke, or do any drugs. Nor do I gamble, overeat, shop a lot, or do any of the other classic vices. Not out of any moral crusade, I'm just not interested. So some would say I don't have any vices based on that. But that hardly means that I am perfect or anywhere close to it, all it really means is that the things that I do tend to overdo are things that are more socially accepted. Doesn't mean that they're healthy or good even, just that people don't give me shit over it.

If someone overeats to compensate for an issue, everyone is quick to jump down their throat to tell them how bad a person they are.
    If someone over exercises to compensate for an issue, people cheer them on and talk about how much of a role model they are. (Even if they tear their body apart and do permanent damage to their joints)

You seem rather bothered today mate. I'd say stop judging people, you'll feel much better and consequently you'll stop starting threads like this on a daily basis as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

? They might've of gotten through quite a few and might not have any anymore.

If vices cost money then I probably lack most things considered a vice.

Are you talking about someone in particular? I'm not sure I've ever met anyone who's claimed to have no vices at all.

I ever met someone who claimed to have no vices.

I mean the worst bad habit / vice I have is eating too much chocolate...

But I have a slew of issues that aren't exactly habitual and thus aren't vices.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Call me cynical but I tend to go by the adage "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is". So anyone who presents themselves as without flaw I'll automatically distrust.

It's worked out pretty well for me so far unfortunately. I'd have preferred to be proven wrong.
    Ily mmoc

I smoke a lot of weed and always will, it was never really a vice and I would not have attained the knowledge level I have without it. It does treat my severe depression though so that is a sweet bonus effect lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Talsar View Post
    Call me cynical but I tend to go by the adage "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is". So anyone who presents themselves as without flaw I'll automatically distrust.

It's worked out pretty well for me so far unfortunately. I'd have preferred to be proven wrong.
    That is really good advice for anyone honestly. Life is full of disappointment and it needs to be experienced and worked through.

Video games. Some people don't think something golf or fishing or video games can be a vice.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The self-righteous are invariably the most unsufferable and delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Some people dont consider all vices bad.

People addicted to their job/career are praised for example when it isnt that healthy
    *works excessive hours. Check.
    *in an industry staffed by drug users. Check.
    *in an industry staffed by perverts. Check
    *in an industry staffed by criminals. Check.
    *in an industry staffed by illegals. Check

Fuuuu where did I go wrong?

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Often some of the loudest opposed to something ever so indulge in them.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    *works excessive hours. Check.
    *in an industry staffed by drug users. Check.
    *in an industry staffed by perverts. Check
    *in an industry staffed by criminals. Check.
    *in an industry staffed by illegals. Check

Fuuuu where did I go wrong?
    You were born in a time where you buy food from supermarkets and buy gasoline for your car to travel to work to pay for all that stuff.

And hundreds of years of being sheltered have ment living out in the wilderness is unrealistic

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    You were born in a time where you buy food from supermarkets and buy gasoline for your car to travel to work to pay for all that stuff.
    I retreat to my cave (house) for shelter, and I go to hunt... only my hunting is a defined time clock?

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.