Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    played them tonite and yeh fun at first but will quickly become tedious,there simply isnt anything new here its only stuff we have done before in a different senario,im not putting them down and its good blizz are trying but honestly there just made the npc act more erratic and random which means if your not in a disciplined group youll get repeatedly singled out and killed.i actualy had a full group and witnessd ppl just afk while other do the work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draith View Post
    It sounds like a much needed breath of fresh air to WoW, but I'm worried that players will quickly determine the optimal route to beating warfronts and if you deviate from that plan you are kicked or whatever. I hope Blizzard designs Warfronts so that they avoid 'optimal routing'.
    I hope they consider something like that, otherwise why spend so much effort making these cool mechanics if they make it so easy that people just ignore them?

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Just like dungeons they will become boring after the 20th time doing them.
    Yep. And then Blizzard will put in random buffs that really don't change anything but how you have to stand, and foolish players will pretend that it makes the content different every time, when its really just the same flavor ice cream with two cherries on top instead of one.

Your description reminds me of Wintergrasp, which has always been my favorite because you could play it different ways. I look forward to trying them out.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I'm massively looking forward to both Warfronts and Islands... Sounds like a form of PvP I may actually enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't really lose, therefore it is mehtastic in the medium and long run. Just like Scenarios in MoP were.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the nice writeup! I can't wait to play them, and I really hope they don't get too repetitive over time.

I believe, since there will be more warfronts, it will feel like HotS where you have several maps in rotation - with a huge pool of heroes (class/spec) combos so it will never feel the same.

Deleted
    Just like dungeons they will become boring after the 20th time doing them.
    High M+ key dungeons are not boring on the 20th run. It's not about the dungeon, but the engagement and the difficulty.

it's certainly a potentially interesting way to show story progression.

Really? I thought they were rather "meh" at best. It'll be another LFR that you AFK each week for some free stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Warfronts are fun.
    Honestly it was hard to check with this lagfest.

They are like a mixture of WoW battlegrounds, MOBAs and RTS games.
    Yeah that sound really cool but i really hoped for more RTS than other two.

Unfortunately, despite all the positives, if Blizzard doesn't properly balance the difficulty the players themselves will kill Warfronts. If it becomes dumbed down and easy enough that groups can ignore mechanics, it will become a queue-and-zerg grind fest that nobody will actually enjoy.
    This is my biggest concern. I really hope it will not be 'LFR' balanced shitty-zerg-rush to kill bosses like it is on AV now.

Sounds awesome, thanks for the write up. Did you need to use voice or is typing okay?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Everything has the potential to be great. But it generally isn't. Look at pet battles. It had the potential. But the way blizzard made it, you constantly have to change your team to counter the opponent or have a bigger chance to lose, then they added legendary pets who requires a counter team, and rng to beat.
    If it was possible to turn off attack animations so just numbers pops up and battle would be 300% faster. It would be much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    High M+ key dungeons are not boring on the 20th run. It's not about the dungeon, but the engagement and the difficulty.
    Agreed. Warfronts have the potential to be the next Mythic+ in my opinion, and could provide some truly fun and rewarding gameplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    This is my biggest concern. I really hope it will not be 'LFR' balanced shitty-zerg-rush to kill bosses like it is on AV now.
    I am legit terrified that this could end up being the case. Which would be a true goddamn tragedy. All this time and effort put into an amazing framework, only for it to become an LFR loot pinata.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Sounds awesome, thanks for the write up. Did you need to use voice or is typing okay?
    I didn't join voice chat, but it would probably be pretty valuable. Naturally we had people who didn't say anything, but there were about 10 of us actively communicating in instance chat with 3 of us (including myself and I suspect a dev) taking command and sending out orders.

I didn't say it shouldn't be in the game. It being the "next big thing" tho? meh.
    M+ was the last big thing, and it was repetitive, the same thing over and over just a bit harder.

What matters is the rewards, it's engaging enough to beat out things like WQs, and daily dungeons, it's closer to m+ sort of a thing, but doesn't have the variety from what I saw, to be quite there yet.

So as long as the rewards are good, I think interest will remain in them, same with m+.

Plus, they're enjoyable. And once people find "the best" way of doing it, you still have about 3 different roles you can play, attack/defend/gather (from what I understood on the test) and it's a group of randoms, the chances of them doing it the best way, is a stretch.

It will get fast enough so it isn't tedious, and if they keep up with this whole, keeping content relevant thing, it should stay entertaining.

But honestly, it could easily not be "the next big thing" you're right about that, it needs more than just what it has, a few new camps to take over, new minions, new quests, new something.

Couldn't do much with them, since the server shat itself, but from what I gathered.. well, it's pretty much what I expected. A higher difficulty might help in the long run, but that leaves the issues of replayability (you could just PvP if you really wanted it more challenging) or reward structure in the dark. In the end it will also be heavily dependent on how the external influences shape it (weekly turn over), because that just means you will do it once every (other) week. That is on the level of timewalking at that point. That it seems to be scaled for 20 people also puts it in the odd spot of being a pain to organize if the rewards don't match (if we assume higher difficulty options).

Its like a combination between MOP scenarios which were very tastefully done and WC3 rts on-the-ground perspective - personalyl i love it, as long as they keep the rewards relevant somehow outside of azerite ill do them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    I'm massively looking forward to Warfronts ... Sounds like a form of PvE I may actually enjoy.
    fixed that for you

Deleted
    I am legit confused.

Are Warfronts PvE or PvP(with PvE aspects?)

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I am legit confused.

Are Warfronts PvE or PvP(with PvE aspects?)
    Same question + As far i know the PvP mode/feature was discussed at the Blizzcon, am i correct?