Hekili for WW Monk

New to the forum, and to Monks in general.
    I have used Hekili in the past to learn the basics of rotations for other classes before transitioning into my own WA UI. The current version of hekili says it fully supports WW, but I do not know what the third ability is in the rotation. The icon looks like a glowing green gem (can't post a picture or links yet unfortunately).

Chi wave -> Tiger palm -> ??? -> Strike of the windlord

Anyone know what this ability is or tips with Hekili in general? I appreciate the help.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bati0016 View Post
    New to the forum, and to Monks in general.
    I have used Hekili in the past to learn the basics of rotations for other classes before transitioning into my own WA UI. The current version of hekili says it fully supports WW, but I do not know what the third ability is in the rotation. The icon looks like a glowing green gem (can't post a picture or links yet unfortunately).

Anyone know what this ability is or tips with Hekili in general? I appreciate the help.
    If I had my guess, its Energizing Elixir.

My biggest tip, even though I love Hekili and helped him develop the WW part of the original addon years ago, is not to rely on addons like this, specially for classes with energy and pooling possibilities like Windwalker. The addon fully supports Windwalker, but addons like that are never capable of thinking as far ahead as you should as a Windwalker. Most addons like that are based on the SimCraft APL, which is set up to maximize the DPS on simcraft, not to fully encompass the decision making process that a human can do.

From my experience, these addons don't "teach" you the rotation, they teach you to follow a prompt, which is pretty much never the same prompts you'd use to make the best decision without the addons. It teaches you what to press, but not why to press it, so you don't learn the flexibility that is important in many specs.

Spending time on a target dummy and taking things one step at a time, focusing on one aspect or another, will always be better in the long run.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by bati0016 View Post
    The icon looks like a glowing green gem (can't post a picture or links yet unfortunately).

Type /hekili, go to Toggles, and set a key for "Pause."

Exit that UI, press the key you just set for Pause. Place the mouse over the icon in question and a tooltip will show the name of the ability on top, as well as the action list information showing why that was shown.

My best guess is that it's a trinket, since I can't think of any WW abilities that look like a glowing green gem.
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

chi wave shouldn't be opener and rotation has to deviate for BoK! procs, so I wouldn't go with this addon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seriousbacon View Post
    chi wave shouldn't be opener and rotation has to deviate for BoK! procs, so I wouldn't go with this addon
    Uh, chi wave is your opener. WW opener is Chi wave>Tiger palm>ToD>SEF+Rising sun kick>Energizing elixir+ SotWL>FoF>Blackout Kick!>WDP.
    Last edited by Phookah; 2018-04-19 at 08:13 PM.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seriousbacon View Post
    Chi Wave should be your opener if you want to do more DPS. Using it right before the boss is pulled gives you a guaranteed Concordance proc.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

I use Chi wave and FSK in the opener before i get to the boss to build 2 stacks of combo points before attacking, thats a way to get it stacked up faster before you use your spenders...