Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mist Wrap gone...

Looks like Blizzard wants everyone to be a static turret spec. GG. The one thing i loved about MW was the soothing mist whilst moving to instacast.. this expo went from potentially amazing to borderline lame overnight.

/rant

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: not gone, just nerfed

"static" when you can cast Essence Font on the move, ReM, talent into RSK to heal and refresh hots, and get both Tiger's lust and Chi Torped at the same time.. MW is starting to look even more mobile than it is now..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

How is it nerfed? It was just changed from one row to another.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    How is it nerfed? It was just changed from one row to another.
    It no longer allows casting Soothing Mist on the move. Only buffs Enveloping...
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

pretty sure mistweaver belonged to us wod/mop players before it did to you on legion... the change is welcome to what we USED to have #survivalhunterknows

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    Oh. I was looking at it on WoWhead cause I couldn't get on the game at the time, and it still has the cast while moving on there.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Expected change

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the new fistweaving talent they added, gonna try it out after I'm done testing my BrM.

They also moved Mana Tea to the level 45 talent tree (replaced Mist Wrap) to compete with the other mana-related talents. Great change there.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly very excited to see the MoP/WoD MW back (replacing uplift with vivify, of course).
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Changes are fine, but they still didn't fix our mastery. I'd rather have a small flat +healing than what we have now.

I get why it is less fun, but they couldn't have left it in. We can't be able to cast every heal instantly on the move. You see that right?

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    Which is to be expected. Otherwise we would be allowed to instant cast our big heals while running around. That would have been insanely overpowered. Plus it does not last for 5 minutes anymore, but for 8 seconds or something along those lines.

I welcome the changes as it takes us back to when it was truly fun to play in MoP and WoD.. Now am just hoping they fix our mastery.

You can cast Essence Font on the move.. who cares about Mist Wrap? Once Blizzard decided EF could be channeled on the move, there really is no reason for any other spell to be castable while moving.

Problem right now is I can't find one time where I'd pick Mist Wrap over Chi Burst.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Bit of an overreaction from myself, I'm sure it'll be fine. I suppose having everything channelled when moving or instacast would be a tad OP

who uses soothing mist anyway that not afk?

Maybe there will be a azerite talent or pvp talent that allows us to use sm while moving?

Deleted
    I really want to be able to cast soothing on the move in PvE, even if they will tax me for it : (

Since the new soothing allows vivify and Envelopping instant, you can"t keep it on the move, or else you get a healer that can do everything whiel moving, and that's just too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kran1um View Post
    who uses soothing mist anyway that not afk?
    That's why it's getting changed to actually be useful in BfA

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noocta View Post
    Since the new soothing allows vivify and Envelopping instant, you can"t keep it on the move, or else you get a healer that can do everything whiel moving, and that's just too much.
    Yes, pretty much this. They still have EF and ReM while moving. They only have to stand still for like 1.5s in order to get an instant EM/Viv off, which is pretty good.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I had a look on it, at the testserver. Most healing spells are instant while channeling SM.

I think I'm ok with the change. Now we can move out of fire, while keeping SM up, but with BFA we can just insta reconnect after moving and spam other heals as instant spells. I think this is much more powerful.