Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I think we should listen to 2015 Mitch McConnell and not have a SCOTUS vote during an election year.
    One step further: don't have a SCOTUS vote if we're going to have a new President in a year or less.

For example, if they're about to be impeached.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    One step further: don't have a SCOTUS vote if we're going to have a new President in a year or less.

For example, if they're about to be impeached.
    Trump himself even coined a phrase for that tactic. It's called "delay, delay, delay":

7+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if this was already added to the list or not. In case it wasn't:
    Memo: VA pick Jackson said to have crashed car while drunk

This guy should have never made it past a basic vetting process.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    He might not have. Remember the serial wife beater?

The Trump administration has repeatedly made it clear that they don't actually have a vetting process.

7+ Year Old Account
    He might not have. Remember the serial wife beater?
    It's astounding how many inappropriate examples there have been in the past year to year and half.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The Trump administration has repeatedly made it clear that they don't actually have a vetting process.
    It's absolutely frightening to me how low the bar has been lowered by this administration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who the heck selected this guy as Obama's doctor?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Who the heck selected this guy as Obama's doctor?
    Off topic, but:
    Yeah, it's a good question. And why did Obama keep him on after some of Jackson's escapades like late night banging on the hotel door of a female staff member while drunk. LOL WTF dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.

It's absolutely frightening to me how low the bar has been lowered by this administration.

Bar been lowered? When you're already lower than whale shit there's nowhere to go but sideways or up. We know these pukes can't do the latter.

10+ Year Old Account
    And why did Obama keep him on after some of Jackson's escapades like late night banging on the hotel door of a female staff member while drunk.
    He might not have known, honestly. Once he was Obama's doctor, he probably didn't go through a second screening. Also, some of this happened in 2015/2016. Obama might have said "not worth the hassle of replacing him, since the info isn't public".

If Obama did know all of these activities, and didn't fire him, I'll be disappointed. But then, he was never up for a Cabinet post or anything, either. Kind of a lot has changed recently.

7+ Year Old Account
    He might not have known, honestly. Once he was Obama's doctor, he probably didn't go through a second screening. Also, some of this happened in 2015/2016. Obama might have said "not worth the hassle of replacing him, since the info isn't public".
    Yeah, and it definitely wasn't (wouldn't be) the first time the SS did something shady behind the scenes without anyone "knowing". God only knows what those crazy party loving bastards have done that we haven't heard of.

If Obama did know all of these activities, and didn't fire him, I'll be disappointed. But then, he was never up for a Cabinet post or anything, either. Kind of a lot has changed recently.
    Yeah, Doctor vs Cabinet position. The forum is full of people using bad comparisons. I ignored it cause I hate chasing that kind of BS rhetoric around the park, but, yep, a little bit of a difference between the two jobs.
    (That's not a knock on/at you Breccia but at the person who made the bad comparison in the first place.)

According to The Washington Post and other news outlets Ronny Jackson has withdrawn his nomination.

Ronny Jackson withdraws as Trump’s nominee to lead Veterans Affairs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    According to The Washington Post and other news outlets Ronny Jackson has withdrawn his nomination.
    Yeah, but be careful! If you say his name in the mirror five times, he's nominated again.

Ah, that lovely, lovely predictable trend. "I stand behind him 100%. Nothing he did was bad, that was a witch hunt. He has my full confidence, well, maybe not my full confidence. If I were him, I wouldn't do it. Oh, he didn't do it. It was Schumer's fault."

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    How does that change anything? Your whataboutisms are just delicious when mixed in with the Feast of Incompetence and Deplorableness that is a daily buffet here in Captain Bone Spurs' United States.

Just in case you haven't caught up yet (chugging kool-aid with your eyes closed can make you lose track of time), we're talking about NOW. What the "Doctor" is doing NOW and being accused of NOW.
    He is accused of heavy drinking and questionable use of prescription drugs on Air Force One. My question is how are we just hearing about this now? He served as President Obamas Physician, if he was this bad, this inept in a position as important as taking care of the President of the United States why wasnt he fired?

In President Obamas own words...
    Ronny’s positive impact cannot be overstated. He is a tremendous asset to the entire White House team. Already at a level of performance and responsibility that far exceeds is current rank, promote to Rear Admiral now
    A most impressive leader who continues to perform at the Flag Officer level. Ronny has earned my confidence and the gratitude of my family for his diligence and knowledge. Promote to Flag immediately.
    Ronny does a great job — genuine enthusiasm, poised under pressure, incredible work ethic and follow through. Ronny continues to inspire confidence with the care he provides to me, my family and my team. Continue to promote ahead of peers.

Either the claims are bogus or Obama was lying and was just pushing along someone who clearly wasnt fit for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    What? The guy with no administrative experience may not be qualified to run the second largest organization in the government? That's unpossible!
    Is that a requirement anywhere, especially when it comes to Government appointments...shhesh! Both sides have a history of appointing lackeys or hangers on to positions they have no or little experience in.

Since arriving at the White House, he has directed the Executive Health Care for the President’s Cabinet and senior staff, served as physician supervisor for the Camp David Presidential Retreat, held the position of physician to the White House and led the White House Medical Unit as its director. He has served as White House physician during the past three administrations and was the appointed physician to the president for President Obama.
    Last edited by petej0; 2018-04-26 at 02:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Bar been lowered? When you're already lower than whale shit there's nowhere to go but sideways or up. We know these pukes can't do the latter.
    One look at Twitter is objectively saying you are wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    He is accused of heavy drinking and questionable use of prescription drugs on Air Force One. My question is how are we just hearing about this now? He served as President Obamas Physician, if he was this bad, this inept in a position as important as taking care of the President of the United States why wasnt he fired?
    We are hearing about it, because a White House doctor position does not have any authority. Obama never used the doctor to release a public statement that the president is growing into a slimmer version of Chris Long... then be nominated for a Veteran affairs position. If Trump didn’t do that, then you wouldn’t know about these still, because the guy had no authority.

Is that a requirement anywhere, especially when it comes to Government appointments...shhesh! Both sides have a history of appointing lackeys or hangers on to positions they have no or little experience in.
    This guy was appointed by Bush. The appointment is not one of authority, but largely a job that isn’t used... because each president had their own doctor. It’s the same reason this wasn’t a story when Trump was pushing his medical review, but became a story when Trump tried to appoint hint to a position of authority. The fact that he was appointed by Bush, should make you question your assertions of nepotism, when Trump hired Flynn despite being fired by Obama and warned by Lynch, who Trump fired before Flynn lying was publicly revealed.

It’s even worse for Trump, because the opioid crisis was one of Trump’s big talking points... but, he tried to assign a guy with a history of distributing opioids, to head VA.

Edit: You can try blaming Obama, but Trump would have the same scrutiny... with the addition of using him to publicize his medical review and then giving him an actual position of authority. If there was an investigation... would it focus on Bush for assigning, Obama for keeping and Trump for trying to give him a position of authority?

It’s like a previous room mate moves in a new room mate who is a thief. Previous moves out and is replaced by another room mate, who ignores the thief. That room mate moves out and the newest room mate publicizes how the thief thinks he is super cool, then puts him in charge of the medicine cabinet.

TLDR: Trump is president, not Obama. Trump nominated him to head the VA, while Obama was at home... eating a hot dog with Dijon mustard...
    Last edited by Felya; 2018-04-26 at 02:53 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

We are hearing about it, because a White House doctor position does not have any authority. Obama never used the doctor to release a public statement that the president is growing into a slimmer version of Chris Long... then be nominated for a Veteran affairs position. If Trump didn’t do that, then you wouldn’t know about these still, because the guy had no authority.
    Why was he not fired then?

This guy was appointed by Bush. The appointment is not one of authority, but largely a job that isn’t used... because each president had their own doctor.
    I dont give a damn who appointed him, if he was as bad as the claims why was he able to keep his position and why did Obama give him glowing reviews? He was on Air Force One giving out prescription meds that everyone thought was horrible, but nobody said anything? Not the accompanying Congress people, not the traveling aids, not the press corp, nobody? It was all kept hush hush?

Edit: You can try blaming Obama, but Trump would have the same scrutiny... with the addition of using him to publicize his medical review and then giving him an actual position of authority. If there was an investigation... would it focus on Bush for assigning, Obama for keeping and Trump for trying to give him a position of authority?
    Not blaming Obama. Just questioning why nothing was mentioned.

If there was a review it would conclude that Government is filled with people who are appointed positions they are unqualified for, continue to hold positions despite there being just cause for termination and people who pass along these people to different roles within Government when they should be fired.

TLDR: Trump is president, not Obama. Trump nominated him to head the VA, while Obama was at home... eating a hot dog with Dijon mustard...
    Thats a cute summary, my point is if this guy was so bad why was he allowed to continue to hold a job under Obamas term? Why was he praised so highly by Obama? I found the answer: Government is just an incestual group of people who everyone else in Government is ok with until Presidential Appointments are made, then the skeletons come bursting out of the closet. Its done on both sides!

10+ Year Old Account
    Whataboutism. Stay on topic. This is about Trump pushing someone to a spot they're not qualified for, right now, when we have all this public evidence against him, right now. Feel free to make a separate thread about all the public info known in 2016, but, good luck with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The same reason why Bush hired him and Trump kept him on his staff. Why did Trump nominate him to head VA?

I dont give a damn who appointed him, if he was as bad as the claims why was he able to keep his position and why did Obama give him glowing reviews? He was on Air Force One giving out prescription meds that everyone thought was horrible, but nobody said anything? Not the accompanying Congress people, not the traveling aids, not the press corp, nobody? It was all kept hush hush?
    Obama isn’t president any longer. Trump is he active president that not only did what you claim, but also appointed him to headnthe VA? You do know that Obama is no longer president? You want to start an investigation why Obama kept him on his staff? How about why Trump kept him on his staff and proposed him to head the VA? Who else is Trump hiding? Since Obama can no longer hide anyone... you know... Trump is president... right?

Not blaming Obama. Just questioning why nothing was mentioned.
    That doesn’t make sense... the reason it wasn’t questioned under Obama or Bush or Trump, is the same... because he was never placed in a position that resulted in the amount of scrutiny, that appointing him to head the VA brings up. I don’t understand why this isn’t obvious, not why of the three presidents, you are talking about the one who didn’t hire him nor the one who tried to promote him... you are focusing on the one who did the same as all 3... bizarre...

If there was a review it would conclude that Government is filled with people who are appointed positions they are unqualified for, continue to hold positions despite there being just cause for termination and people who pass along these people to different roles within Government when they should be fired.
    Well... no... it shows when such actions are attempted by people like Trump, we have a checks and balances to stop them. Remember, Obama fired Flynn, Trump hired him anyway... then had him resign for lying... so... no... it looks like this is a lot more common and blatant under Trump.

]Thats a cute summary, my point is if this guy was so bad why was he allowed to continue to hold a job under Obamas term? Why was he praised so highly by Obama? I found the answer: Government is just an incestual group of people who everyone else in Government is ok with until Presidential Appointments are made, then the skeletons come bursting out of the closet. Its done on both sides!
    Yes, and Obama didn’t appoint him, nor hire him... you know why people like Trump get away with it? People like you... of the people who hired him and promoted him, your issue is with Obama, who had him on the staff as just a White House doctor, just like the guy who hired him and the guy who tried to promote him...

Hey, did Obama ever have this doctor release records saying he was growing into a slimmer version of Chris Long, since he grew an inch to be the same height and is actually around 30 pounds lighter?

- - - Updated - - -

Whataboutism. Stay on topic. This is about Trump pushing someone to a spot they're not qualified for, right now, when we have all this public evidence against him, right now. Feel free to make a separate thread about all the public info known in 2016, but, good luck with that.
    There were 3 people who had him as the White House doctor... Obama is the only one who neither hired or tried to promote the guy... guess which of the 3 is the problem? Loony toons... one of them is the acting president...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    guess which of the 3 is the problem?
    And, Trump's rabid fanbase is not only forced to say "But Obaaaaaaaaaaaaama" but more precisely "But Obaaaaaaaaaaaaaaama knew about all this stuff we're just now finding out about and he hid it from everyone despite the FBI doing another check when Trump came on it's a deep state conspiracy but her emails!"\

It's growing past sad, past pathetic, and into brain-damage territory when Trump's rabid fanbase aren't even trying to defend Trump anymore. They know they've lost. They know they picked a loser. They know they went balls-deep into someone who was demonstrably corrupt, incompetent, and intentionally unqualifed -- and now that he's even further corrupt and incompetent, and it must be a struggle to remain that intentionally unqualified while in the role in question, they find they have no option but to make up shit, and blame other people for it.

If they can prove Obama knew about these allegations, and kept him anyway -- hey did you see that document he linked? Oct 2016? Like, a month before the election? You really think that's the time to start running brand new background checks on your own staff? -- then, yeah, I'll join in and say "Obama shouldn't have done that". But this isn't even Straw Man territory. This is fucking Fantasy Land Adobe Bullshit Man. The only thing they have remotely like a defense against their growing diagnosable delusions that Trump is somehow not to blame for things he's doing in real time, is to sculpt an enemy out of feces, punch it in the face, and scream into the wind "I SHOWED HIM! I SHOWED HIM! I WIN AGAIN!"

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

In President Obamas own words...
    I think it's cute that you are claiming, essentially, "fake news" on multiple, independent, and corroborated stories on this guys behavior - and more than one behavior problem, too. Who the fuck knows why we're just hearing about it now. Does it matter? It's obvious the man has problems - whether they were well hidden earlier and are just now coming out because of all the pressure he's under or that the [deep state) press just hid all the stories - ALL OF THEM - until now.

Which choice to think is more likely?

And it's adorable that you think there are only two choices in this solution set. People like you are seriously why Trump continues to get away with all his BS. Every. Single. Day.

#deplorable45