Page 49 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Just saw it. They better keep those people dead or no balls.
    I mean, half of them have more movies already announced, so we know not everyone will stay dead. Most likely anyone who died from the Snap will come back, though anyone killed before that is likely going to stay that way. And presumably some of the survivors will die in Part 2 trying to set things right.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaeha View Post
    Was a bit bizarre with the ship being exploded. Did Thanos take them on his ship and just drop them off somewhere or something?
    It looked like the ship had been ripped in half in the opening scene.

You are up for disappointment then. While the MCU doesn't always go in the direction the comics did, there is a big chance the end result will be the same.

In the comics, the initial attack knocked Earth off the orbit around the Sun, dooming the world to slowly go into an Ice age.

In the comics, Nebula took Thanos' gauntlet off his hand. She briefly used it, but she was overcome by the heroes. Ultimately, the deaths were undone.

In the comics, this is the order of heroes that died before Thanos:

She-Hulk, Namor, Wolverine, Scarlet Witch, Cyclops, Vision, Cloak, Firelord & Drax (sent to prehistoric Earth), Ironman (decapitated by Terraxia -- Thanos' created-bride), Thor (turned into glass then shattered to pieces), Spiderman (killed by Terraxia), Nova (turned into tiny cubes then crushed), Quasar (melted into searing liquid), Captain America (one slap knocked him).

Then the big guns came in: Cosmic Entities. The first to die were two Celestials, Chronos, Chaos and Order, The Stranger, Eon, Mistress Love and Sire Hate.

Mephisto tried to take the glove off, and before Thanos could kill Mephisto, Mistress Death assaulted Thanos. Somehow she undid the demise of the Cosmic Entities for a second round, but Thanos held them all in stasis.

In the final confrontation, it was Eternity vs Thanos. By winning, Thanos became the new Eternity. Intangible.

That was the key to his defeat. By evolving beyond the flesh, Thanos' physical body laid on his throne as an empty husk. That's when Nebula was able to take the Infinity Gauntlet off his hand.

Dr. Strange was able to pinpoint the location of the heroes teleported away by Thanos through space and time: Thor, Firelord, Drax, Dr. Doom, and Hulk. Unsure how he managed to put Thor back together from shattered crystal though.

These were the five who confronted the Infinity Gauntlet-wielder Nebula, but she rooted them with ice.

The last assault was led by Thanos, Doctor Strange, Silver Surfer, and Adam Warlock.

It was Nebula herself who wished that everything became back to as it was 24 hours ago -- undoing the deaths. Half the universe that had died, was now restored. By doing so, though, she forgot now she had to deal with the restored Cosmic Entities. Without the will and experience of Thanos, this confrontation took every of her attention.

Enough for Adam Warlock to claim the Infinity Gauntlet.

Last edited by Medievaldragon; 2018-05-02 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    There's a lot of countries in eastern europe, they don't have the same accent.
    I'll be totally honest here: I probably couldn't pick the difference between most of them. Due to lack of familiarity with the region. Probably the same for a lot of Westerners.

There is a certain amount of common sound to "Slavic" accents though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

^ Wow so the gauntlet is that powerful :O How does Galactus compare to Thanos + full gauntlet?

I mean if Thanos beats Eternity, then he can beat Galactus too.

Jesus that gauntlet is OP

God can we please avoid the "poor persecuted white people" schtick? You guys complain that you can't make fun of anyone anymore, and then you try to take away the one group you can...

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    They had to pee really really bad!!! You had more than enough time to run to the bathroom then make it back for the scene at the end of the credits.
    Nah, they weren't doing the "I have to pee" dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Feroxxy View Post
    Oh thats actually brilliant. I mean I don't really mind sitting through the credits at all, but I bet there's ton of folks who don't have the patience for it.

My theatre however, fucking hell. The moment it cut to credits it turned on the lights immediately (which kind of signals for you to leave I guess). I normally go to "Pathe" which is this big chain movie theatre in a few european countries, which usually doesn't attract a lot of mouthbreathers because of pricing (and for big hits like this you have to order your ticket way in advance). Sadly, friends were being undecisive about the date so we ended up without tickets and going to the local place; filled with talkers, people ooh-ing at how sexy thor is, etcetera. Oh and it had a break, which got timed poorly during Thanos speaking. Ugh. Atleast everyone was silent after Thanos did his thing.
    They still do intermission there? Is that common in European theaters?

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Everyone hates Star Lord now lmao.
    Like, how does anyone not know that poor impulse control is kind of his thing?

Anyway, mitigating circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Not until May 10th, doing it before is an infraction (it's all made clear in the first post).
    Really? That'll never work.

They should spoiler tag the whole dang thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    I wounder how far back they are going to unwind the MCU? I don't really see them getting rid of Gamora, because GotG 3 is in the works. Loki could stay dead, but man he is the go to villain to add spice to the MCU when every other villain sucks. But really the question is what can't they unwind?

1) Bring back all the Asgardians? What about Odin now that Helmsworth might want to stick with the character beyond Infinity War?

2) Killmonger maybe? If they are going to kill off Loki they are going to need a good villain?

Is there any reason to think they can't do anything once they start using the Infinity gems to put the universe back in order?
    I'd say that they'll just rely on the kind of vague "half" comment to establish that as many Asgardians as they like survived.

I reckon Anthony Hopkins had enough of the Thor films so he won't be back unless they recast him which I'd say is unlikely.

I'd definitely bet no money on Killmonger coming back, he had a big momentous death scene, his character arc is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by brbshower View Post
    I was satisfied. I spent the last 6 months being a complete asshat on IGN and various other sites by posting about Gamora's death and the Soul stone being in a pocket dimension, as well as the Red Skull cameo...it felt pretty good sitting through the full movie knowing that I ruined it for the few people stupid enough to actually have read my comments. Feelsgoodman.com
    I went full hermit for this one. No trailers, teasers, no TV spots, no nerd discussions, no websites likely to talk about it, any speculation in unrelated videos quickly skipped past. I am very satisfied with that decision. Thinking of doing it for all films I care about, although it'll make me a complete outcast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Ohhh really? I didn't notice that. I'll have to watch for that on my second viewing.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Deleted
    But that's why Nebula is alive, read about the comics

Seeing what happed in the comics, do you think we'll get to see a cosmic battle between Thanos and the cosmic powerful dudes? Would be cool to see some dudes throwing galaxies and supernovas at each other in IMAX.

Deleted
    Anyone had the feeling like the different parts of the movie - focussing on different characters/groups - were directed by different people?
    Like they edited parts of 3/4 different movies together.

Not saying it's bad, but just something I noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Anyone had the feeling like the different parts of the movie - focussing on different characters/groups - were directed by different people?
    Like they edited parts of 3/4 different movies together.

Not saying it's bad, but just something I noticed.
    Not directed but James Gunn wrote all the Guardians lines to keep them consistent.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Not directed but James Gunn wrote all the Guardians lines to keep them consistent.
    I guess that's why all their scenes were almost non-top puns?

Really odd to go to another scene after that with Iron Man and it's suddenly more grim.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaeha View Post
    Was a bit bizarre with the ship being exploded. Did Thanos take them on his ship and just drop them off somewhere or something?
    Im guessing that was what Val was up to, afaik she isnt dead and is supposed to return in future movies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    That it did, but it appeared to me that the other half was itself in other, smaller "halfs". I doubt we will ever get an answer to how/when they escaped. They just made it.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    First thing I do once the credits start rolling is get my phone out and google post credits scenes, so I know how many there are.
    Ah see I don't, even post credits I'd rather be surprised

Came to Portugal few days ago, friend wanted to see it, so I saw again in IMAX and holy fucking shit it's great xD
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Like, how does anyone not know that poor impulse control is kind of his thing?

Anyway, mitigating circumstances.
    Yeah I kind of struggle with this one. I'm not sure why we should have expected Quill to do anything other than exactly what he did. And based on Strange's comments and actions, Quill decking Thanos isn't a deciding factor to victory or defeat.

On another note, thought this was an interesting read: https://www.tor.com/2018/05/01/aveng...lture-heroism/

Anyone else think Thor's badassness went up like 10 points this movie?

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Yeah I kind of struggle with this one. I'm not sure why we should have expected Quill to do anything other than exactly what he did. And based on Strange's comments and actions, Quill decking Thanos isn't a deciding factor to victory or defeat.

On another note, thought this was an interesting read: https://www.tor.com/2018/05/01/aveng...lture-heroism/
    Hmm, in answer to his question I think Spider-Man got the protracted death scene because this specifically motivates Iron Man, this is his worst nightmare (pretty much literally, cf. Age of Ultron) and he's directly responsible for Spider-Man. Dr Strange's vision of the future seems to have set Iron Man up as a major player in part 2, so that'll be extra important.

Also because he's the youngest, and it's the one that probably shocks and hurts the audience the most.

Also, this movie KILLED FUCKING SPIDER-MAN, who's been the face of Marvel Comics since his debut in the 1960s. He pretty much has to have the biggest death scene. The only thing even close to that is killing Wolverine, and last year they made an entire incredibly sombre, operatic film to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Hmm, in answer to his question I think Spider-Man got the protracted death scene because this specifically motivates Iron Man, this is his worst nightmare (pretty much literally, cf. Age of Ultron) and he's directly responsible for Spider-Man. Dr Strange's vision of the future seems to have set Iron Man up as a major player in part 2, so that'll be extra important.

Also because he's the youngest, and it's the one that probably shocks and hurts the audience the most.

Also, this movie KILLED FUCKING SPIDER-MAN, who's been the face of Marvel Comics since his debut in the 1960s. He pretty much has to have the biggest death scene. The only thing even close to that is killing Wolverine, and last year they made an entire incredibly sombre, operatic film to do that.
    In the comics, Spiderman was killed by Terraxia, who protected Thanos during the Infinity Gauntlet.

The scene where half the universe was instantly-killed did happen in Infinity Gauntlet #1, but it didn't affect the heroes. They used that scene from the comics at the end of the film.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I wonder what would happen if you replaced instances of 'white' with a minority in this skit...

"i bet tom holland is one of those whities who clap when the plane lands"

"Okay, how did the coolest blackest dude in the galaxy end up with some whitebread-ass name like 'Chadwick'?"
    I think these two were pretty funny especially Tom's one.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

7+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else think Thor's badassness went up like 10 points this movie?
    Definitively. At the very end when he arrives.

"BRING ME THANOS!"

Chills man, chills.
    Ryzen 3600X | MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wi-fi | 16GB G.Skill FlareX 3200MHz | Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G3 Gold | NZXT Kraken X62 | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO | 500GB Samsung 970 NVMe M.2 | 3x 27" HP Omen 165Hz 1Ms Latency

Quote Originally Posted by KingSapmi View Post
    Definitively. At the very end when he arrives.

"BRING ME THANOS!"

Chills man, chills.
    Thor went through a serious power increase as a result of Ragnarok, and it was awesome to see that acknowledged and maintained in IW.