Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The same way you improved PVE. Make it more accessible to casuals like it used to be. It's funny that PVP and PVE actually moved in opposite directions since Vanilla in Exclusivity.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Stop unpeelable mongoloid PVE class design.
    ^ This. /thread

Every melee has 3-4 gap closers. It has made healing a chore to play and multiple caster specs non-viable.

Look to season 15 for inspiration, the game was so much more dynamic and balanced.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HAHA DOOD LMAO XD XD View Post
    From casual to competitive PvP, fire away with your ideas. A lot of people think Legion messed up with the PvP, but I still don't think PvP this expansion is that bad unless you're someone who hates PvP Templates, I guess. Arena is still pretty decent.

What improvements do you want to see in Arena?
    What improvements do you want to see in RBGs?
    What improvements do you want to see in casual BGs and World PvP (Bring back WorldDefense!)?
    How can we revive dueling?
    Do you think class design is off to a good start in the BfA Alpha?
    Remove Pvp Templates = PvP fixed.

Return high end gear, remake or preferably remove honor talents, return honor & conquest currency and don't fix what's not utterly broken.

Easy.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Revert back to the old reward system. It's garbage to get random PvP upgrades. Honestly, PvP Power/Resilience wasn't bad, imho.

I also don't care for the PvP template thing, and the fact that trinkets don't work. There are fuckin' PvP trinkets that don't work in PvP. Put the pipe down, Blizzard, and get shit right.

Remove arenas. Focus on bgs. Arenas has been the downfall of pvp balance since it came out

Make healers actually cast or channel their spells cause the amount of insane instant heals is too damn high.
    Decrease tank specs damage and more importantly the healing of blood DKs and DHs.
    Change how paladin specs work cause it's fucking stupid that this class is the "1 tool, all toolkits" type of thing. Each and every spec has all kinds of CC, all utilities, all defensive CDs, movements speed boosts, just everything and all of that on way too short CDs. Also auto-bubble is the single most fucking retarded thing in WoW since making Holinka lead pvp designer.
    Decrease overall amount of applicable CC. There's way too much of it.

Deleted
    Currently the balance is really, really good. I don't think there ever has been so many viable pvp specs. Locks l, mages, rogues all has, 3 viable specs, most classes has 2.

My biggest issue, as somebody who is trying to get into higher end competitive pvp, is the fact that the entry barrier is quite high. Sure you can get to 2k spamming dmg, but I feel like it's hard knowing where to start, as a returning pvper.

Also while I think being able to optimize your gear is important, the template is super good. As long as you can customize your stats, and have all pvp talents pet default, it will be great.
    Last edited by mmoc909dfd26c8; 2018-04-18 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Currently the balance is really, really good. I don't think there ever has been so many viable pvp specs. Locks l, mages, rogues all has, 3 viable specs, most classes has 2.

My biggest issue, as somebody who is trying to get into higher end competitive pvp, is the fact that the entry barrier is quite high. Sure you can get to 2k spamming dmg, but I feel like it's hard knowing where to start, as a returning pvper.

Also while I think being able to optimize your gear is important, the template is super good. As long as you can customize your stats, and have all pvp talents pet default, it will be great.
    Hello there Mr Blizzard PvP Dev!

10+ Year Old Account
    remove any battleground over 20 people

all new battlegrounds 10-15 max

Ez start
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Deleted
    Honestly, simply by putting back balanced set bonuses.

I will sound really cheese but Wotlk PvP was in a good spot except some balance issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.

You want actual "balance"? Go play a fucking MOBA or FPS.

WoW is a MMORPG - which means you're supposed to be able to acquire gear by earning or creating it, making your own decisions as to what to use and what not to use and setting up your toon the way you want it, not the way some arbitrary, rigged template system wants it.

It just took a few months of Blizz and some fanboys to keep harping this crap on various forums to convince enough players that that's what they want. Turns out that wasn't what 60-70% of PvPers wanted after all because they left.

The template system is the worst thing ever done to WoW PvP.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2018-04-19 at 11:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    You want actual "balance"? Go play a fucking MOBA or FPS.

WoW is a MMORPG - which means you're supposed to be able to acquire gear by earning or creating it, making your own decisions as to what to use and what not to use and setting up your toon the way you want it, not the way some arbitrary, rigged template system wants it.

It just took a few months of Blizz and some fanboys to keep harping this crap on various forums to convince enough players that that's what they want. Turns out that wasn't what 60-70% of PvPers wanted after all because they left.

The template system is the worst thing ever done to WoW PvP.
    As somebody who did casual pvp during that time, but had acces to high end pve gear (ICC 25 HC gear during WOTK, Cunning + Dragonwrath during Cata), that pve gear was a shit show.

Even in MoP + WoD (which was all pvp gear) the differnce between very low geared and fully geared was insane, you could 1v5 just cause you had decent gear. I guess it is cause some people like to have very good gear, and stomp randoms in bgs - I simply find that not fun at all. But to each his own!

Edit: I do think that the scaling part of the template is fine, but having no gems/enchants/ability to customize your stats is lame.
    Last edited by mmoc909dfd26c8; 2018-04-20 at 08:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As somebody who did casual pvp during that time, but had acces to high end pve gear (ICC 25 HC gear during WOTK, Cunning + Dragonwrath during Cata), that pve gear was a shit show.

Even in MoP + WoD (which was all pvp gear) the differnce between very low geared and fully geared was insane, you could 1v5 just cause you had decent gear. I guess it is cause some people like to have very good gear, and stomp randoms in bgs - I simply find that not fun at all. But to each his own!

Edit: I do think that the scaling part of the template is fine, but having no gems/enchants/ability to customize your stats is lame.
    Getting your ass stomped because of low gear is just too fucking bad. That's life in an MMORPG, and you know that when you jump in. Here's the world's smallest violin playing for the ADHD kids with no patience or discipline to acquire things in a game genre where gearing is 90% of the intention.

I've seen very few saying they miss having better gear for temporarily stomping noobs. People that liked noob-stomping would just twink. Most people liked the pre-template system because they had choices over how to set up their stats. THAT'S the biggest reason to play a MMORPG over a MOBA or FPS. They could make toons the way they wanted, not clones of what some dipshit dev thinks will cause the longest time-logged-in and endless RNG so they can maximize Blizz profits.

BTW - new toons in Legion get put into separate queues than normal until they're P1 so they don't get instantly facerolled. That's why it seems like there isn't such a gear disparity - Blizz had to come up with a way to hide it to make templates look good. There are others here that can give you the numbers on how Legion has actually a greater gap than pre-Legion, something like 14.5% compared to 9-10%.

For every 10 words Blizzard speaks or prints, at least 8 of them are lies. If you believe a single word coming out of Blizz before you've seen it proven then you're an idiot.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2018-04-21 at 12:40 AM.

I'm absolutely not a dev and I agree with some of this. The biggest drawback that I have right now is the lack of appropriate rewards, but I also didn't mind the templates or pvp talents. I also think the barrier to entry would be better if more people played pvp. My solution again is incentivizing appropriate gear rewards create more participation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedmynd View Post
    I'm absolutely not a dev and I agree with some of this. The biggest drawback that I have right now is the lack of appropriate rewards, but I also didn't mind the templates or pvp talents. I also think the barrier to entry would be better if more people played pvp. My solution again is incentivizing appropriate gear rewards create more participation.
    I am not either, and my ideas or thoughts might be super bad, but its still intresting to talk about! People just get so offended when you don't agree with their philosophy of: X model was the best, blizz sucks, bla bla.

Deleted
    Blizzard should finally accept that only a very small group of players actively plays rated PvP and start making it fun and rewarding for anyone actively playing it.

- Solo queue for rated pvp
    - Focus on BG's again
    - Worthwhile rewards to work for / grind out for EVERYONE playing
    - PvP gear back on vendors, with the same Honor/Conquest system we had prior to Legion

Make it fun to log in and play this game again for those that enjoy pvp.
    Accept that hardly anyone is skilled enough to participate in the top 5% and stop focussing on that when balancing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    PvP without tanks and healers would be the best improvement imo, even though I know it will anger some people.
    Strangely enough that would be the best improvement. Generally my most fun BGs is when they're dps only.
    I want PvP templates to stay really. I want to win because I outplayed someone, not because I outgeared someone. Though it might be an idea to allow customization at least in what stats you prefer.

Best thing they can do for me would be better match making of random BGs. I've lost too many matches before it even started,because our team had no healers, while they had 2 or 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyandor View Post
    Strangely enough that would be the best improvement. Generally my most fun BGs is when they're dps only.
    I want PvP templates to stay really. I want to win because I outplayed someone, not because I outgeared someone. Though it might be an idea to allow customization at least in what stats you prefer.

Best thing they can do for me would be better match making of random BGs. I've lost too many matches before it even started,because our team had no healers, while they had 2 or 3.
    To be able to outplay someone in WoW you need to drastically change combat system to non target with projectiles and etc... the game is simply out dated and was built on RPG aspects where gear/pots or other gadgets that you aquired by playing the game were the key elements and led you to victory. You can compare the simplicity of the combat system as if you setting up the cheats (aimbot, triigerbot, wallhack and etc) as baseline to games like CS, quake, unreal for every player, i doubt anyone would stick to those games if that happened.

Bring back PVP gear, gems, enchants and set bonuses ffs.
    Its not that hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyandor View Post
    I want PvP templates to stay really. I want to win because I outplayed someone, not because I outgeared someone.
    Except that's the biggest reason people left PvP - they hated not choosing their own gear and set-ups, and having to PvE for better gear.

WoW is (or used to be) a MMORPG, not a MOBA or FPS. That means if you put the effort in you'll get better gear than lazy players.