Page 1 of 2
LastLast

help with advice on mage tower subtlety.

does anyone that have passed; completed the subtlety artifact challenge at mage tower. if so do you offer any advice? this is my situation. as subtlety i always get the second boss to within 12% hp range and then from exhaustion and depleted resource; i die. seems to be a challenge for me right now. idk if i need to look for another way to equip my artifact or go for higher gear. any advise would be good. i do the usually buffs, flasks, and food. i got 41888 agility equip.
    Last edited by Naiattavain; 2018-05-01 at 06:44 AM.

By second boss do you mean the giant Void Lord thing, or the second phase of archmage xylem?

On the Void Lord, are you already using Drums of Fury or Drums of the Mountain for the bloodlust buff? That helped me a lot.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thieves cant View Post
    does anyone that have passed; completed the subtlety artifact challenge at mage tower. if so do you offer any advice? this is my situation. as subtlety i always get the second boss to within 12% hp range and then from exhaustion and depleted resource; i die. seems to be a challenge for me right now. idk if i need to look for another way to equip my artifact or go for higher gear. any advise would be good. i do the usually buffs, flasks, and food. i got 41888 agility equip.
    What legendaries are you currently using and what other options can you choose from? How much space do you have left before you die? If you have enough space left over, you may want to use the legendary pants to heal yourself up until you can unleash your burst again. I did the challenge at around 905 ilvl and the entire room was covered by that point, I barely made it and thats with using dps legendaries (cloak and shoulders).

I don't know how well you play, nor do I know how well you make use of your Shadow Dance windows but as the majority of your damage comes from those windows, maybe improving on that (if need be) could get you that extra 12% you're missing.

Good luck to ya.

nah i give up, got to 5%hp and i died from resource exhaustion again; the void lord. you know i think blizzard are the biggest assholes.

That's a good way of tackling problems, giving up and calling people names . Maybe just get good?

I haven't done it on a rogue but that challenge was really easy on the other classes. Is it really that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I haven't done it on a rogue but that challenge was really easy on the other classes. Is it really that bad?
    its really that bad. i saw another rogue but his item level was 960 and his artifact was like 977. i just don't got the time to spend to get.

its really that bad. i saw another rogue but his item level was 960 and his artifact was like 977. i just don't got the time to spend to get.
    The warrior one was doable with like 885 ilvl so I highly doubt that 960 is needed. I'll have a go at it at it when I get some time over but none of them will force you to get more than like 900 ilvl in general.

Try getting a few more item levels than you currently have if possible. You said you got to 5% last time you tried it, seems like you aren't that far off and a couple of upgrades would push you over the edge and allow you to complete it.

15+ Year Old Account
    What build are you using to try this? You gave up at 5% from resource exhaustion, but what does that mean? Did you run out of space? Did you last for 3 add phases before death? What's your item level? I found the sub one to be really easy, but I don't know what you're attempting?

Best advice is to try and stay calm right to the death. If you start panicking and stare at the bosses HP bar when he goes below 20% you could miss important info on your UI like short DPS CD's becoming available again.

calling Blizz stupid when you can't do xylem sub as a ~945 rogue lawl

change legendaries and take the slow talent for the dot? the dps needed should be negligible now considering that at the time the max IL was something like 910. maybe if you cant do the proper burst combo take the talents to do the pre 7.2.5 build (3 dance charge, energy regen when dance and some other things)

If it's the three adds- prepare full CPs for the adds. use nightblade on one, Goremaw's bite the second (which applies a slow itself) then use those CPs to apply nightblade to the third add. In just a few GCDs they should all be slowed. I'm fairly certain i used MfD so save it for the adds as well as the icicles in the first stage.

The hard part is at the end. Slowing them is top priority. You can't really skip slowing them although if you have good antorus gear you might be able to just kill them quick with MfD and a lot of energy.

Ive done 3 tank speccs and 1 dps 1 healer i did my prot pally 2nd time towee was upp at 907 which was a pain in the ass even with bis leggos. The rest was done at 935-945 very easy you csn skip most mechanics just burn bosses down make sure to buff yourself and drums at the correct time and use talent for the fight

Deleted
    I did it with ~910 and only one legendary. You are probably mismanaging cooldowns or screwing up your general rotation if you die in the second phase (void boss).
    Last edited by mmocde0e53a346; 2018-05-06 at 07:02 PM.

What you're saying about running out of resources doesn't even make sense. You should be using your Shadow Dance to burst down the adds, and just your base dps rotation should be more than enough to take out the rest of the boss's health, especially at your item level. Drums will help if you're struggling that bad, but I did it in my 920s pretty easily (in terms of how much damage I had to do).

Deleted
    If you have enough gear you can just burst through the void phase. When the boss enters the phase you can just wait (do nothing except recharge your shadow dance, iirc the add heals the boss so anything except recharging your SD is waste) until he summons the first add. Just cloak the first impact (add -> boss) and kite the boss out of the void. The boss will not cast the second seed any time soon. During this cooldown phase you can just burst through with all CDs that you have saved. 950 gear should be more than enough. This is how I did it at least without even knowing what that the mechanics where.

You definitely don't need that high of an item level. I must have been no more than 895-900 when I did it. Granted, that was before all the changes to Shadowstrike and sprint to vanish so I don't know how things are affected right now. I had to stagger my CDs, pots, drums etc. because I couldn't kill the adds unless I had some external CD. I saved my cloak and evasion until I absolutely needed them like right at the end when the whole platform was purple death.