Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Geeze...they cut like....so much content. I already feel like the game isn't release ready for May. The last time I played I went to one of those crazy dungeony places with a giant dragon boss and I couldn't damage it. When I managed to kill it after a million spawns of enemies it didn't drop loot. I think there were chests but they couldn't be opened? Idk. When I google it lots of people have killed it before, so it's not consistent.

This game is pretty freaking awesome, but man half the time nothing works.

I am excited to see the combat overhaul though. If they can make it feel like a proper action combat game, it will be miles above most games like this.
    BAD WOLF

yeah, the new combat system does look pretty cool. i especially like the lock on feature.

idk how i'll like the swamp area. my computer really isn't good enough for this game in the first place, so i'm pretty sure my performance won't exactly be great in the swamp. i know it's not great in the forest area of the north.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Geeze...they cut like....so much content
    You know, it's probably no different to any other game in development. We fully know that Blizzard, with their hundreds of billions of dollars and euros, has cut a whole bunch of content from their games, and I'm sure so does every single other development firm. You've got your aspirations, and what you'd love to put in the game, and then there's the reality.

The difference is only in how much those developers talk about those aspirations and what they'd want to be in the game.

Then, if they use one wrong word, they'll give an excuse for little children to cry about how "you promiiiiiiiseeeedd!!!!!" and throw a temper tantrum about it, since some people just aren't capable of having perspective and understanding that sometimes not everything can be accomplished. This, by the way, wasn't aimed at you Kelimbror even though I'm saying it after quoting you. It's just a general statement; I'm on the CE subreddit and Discord, and the aforementioned is par for the course.

One truth also is, and this is something people tend to forget, that people like Joel Bylos don't sign the checks. He's the lead developer, and he's got a vision, but Funcom has a CEO and shareholders, and those people make the decisions about when to launch and whether to continue development or not. Chances are, that CE will still sell a bunch of copies more after launch - although it might be less than some people expect seeing as though they already sold, in the first week or month of early access, more copies than they expected to sell in the first year alone, and since then they've had 11 more months to sell, and the money men greenlight more content and more development. One possibility is that they'll just bug fix and move on. And, I suppose there's even the possibility that the development team gets no more paychecks and that's it. End of story.

I'm at 940 hours myself, though, looking to break 1000 on testlive once the combat patch is pushed there. I also got paid via the Exploit Hunters system, so I actually made a good bunch of money playing those 1000 hours of this game, and had metric tons of fun. Can't complain regardless of what happens.

it's gonna be good having a stygian god that isn't explicitly evil(though i will miss set's poison potions).

especially one that's a goddess. i wonder what special thing you'll make in her alter.

"The orgy festival of Derketo begins with an exhibitionist show of dancers, priests and priestesses engaged in various sexual acts. The finale involve those in the audience joining in what becomes a mass, public orgy. Similar to the worship of Pteor in Shem, even bestiality is typically part of the show. Unlike Shem's orgies, necrophilia is included. For the three days of the festival, some cities release participants of any marital obligations in regards to fidelity. The priests of Set often bring out various snakes for sexual use."

happy to get a goddess, but holy hell... she ain't no joke.

her statue looks awesome though. the gold-plated nipples are funny. the armor is great.

fucking hell, that sick

they said she'd be two-faced, i was kinda expecting a face on the back of her and they'd leave it at that lol

- - - Updated - - -

btw, there's tiddies in that video. so maybe nsfw, but idk since it's not sexual.

she's basically just a giant moving statue, not a real woman. nipples are gold-plated.

well, the new update's pretty cool, but that damned bug's back for me where my character's just called exiled and every time i type in chat it's doubled.

been having a lot of fun with the new combat system. i fuck up everything that doesn't have some really bullshit wide arching hit radius(like that giant bat on the tower of bats). those spooky skeltals in the city are not to be fucked with, either.

also, i don't really get why there's big ass boss creatures all over the place now. there's a giant croc right around my favorite little building area now v.v

Yeah, I've been enjoying the update, minus the bugs. The big ones for me are Thralls falling through floors (and dying), enemies falling through the ground when you knock them out to be captured, and 3rd person mining stone not working half the time (ore and coal seem fine, just stone is wonky). I started up a new game with the update (SP), so building up my Thralls has been quite frustrating.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the open world bosses like that, specifically because of the reason you stated. Though, I wonder if you can build in that area and block its spawn location. I know I've done that to a few creatures near one of my building locations. Try dropping some foundations scattered around that area and then log out/log on. If you are multiplayer, it might be a little more complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Yeah, I've been enjoying the update, minus the bugs. The big ones for me are Thralls falling through floors (and dying), enemies falling through the ground when you knock them out to be captured, and 3rd person mining stone not working half the time (ore and coal seem fine, just stone is wonky). I started up a new game with the update (SP), so building up my Thralls has been quite frustrating.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the open world bosses like that, specifically because of the reason you stated. Though, I wonder if you can build in that area and block its spawn location. I know I've done that to a few creatures near one of my building locations. Try dropping some foundations scattered around that area and then log out/log on. If you are multiplayer, it might be a little more complicated.
    i'm actually planning on building a trap in the area for him to run into.

once he's in, i'll wall him in and place my archers all along the top. he's way too tough to kill on my own, and my friend got splattered by him too when we both tried to kill him.

actually, now that i think about it, that's probably the one thing that's bothering me the most right now. i can't seem to turn off friendly fire, and me and my friend wind up doing more damage to each other than monsters do to us. it's the worst thing ever, and i hope it's not intended to be that way.

Having a blast on the revamped game. picked up a 40 man PVE server if anyone wants a place to play! :P at the moment I'm just using it like a playground building fortresses and arsing around! but on the 8th itll be going legit
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

that buff to boss health was... a bit heavy.

i wish it were a slider in server options, honestly. they're crazy tough for solo play. i went through 25 gaseous orbs and only got the croc's health down to like 90ish percent.

was able to kill it, but it was like 15/20min fight that ran me out of 150 arrows, nearly broke my bow, and my cimmerian axe.

maybe it's because i'm trying this at 40ish instead of 60.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2018-05-03 at 01:51 PM.

I hope its allowed to advertise a server here? but got a 40 man PVE conflict server EU. 3x rates for the first week post launch. decent non abusing admins :P

more info can be found here

https://www.reddit.com/r/ConanExiles..._1_week_after/
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    I hope its allowed to advertise a server here?
    I don't see why not. Can be hard for people to find fun/balanced servers to play on in games like this, so I welcome people posting ones to try. Sure the mods feel the same.
    BAD WOLF

Considering getting this on PS4 next week.

As I will mostly be playing solo/offline what all can you do in in multiplayer that you can't solo?

(Also fuck the fact they are censoring the US version urggg)
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    what all can you do in in multiplayer that you can't solo?
    Get ganked, have all your stuff stolen, waste your time. You still get attacked by NPCs in solo, so you still get the engagement and combat....just not the malicious and ill will that come from real people.
    BAD WOLF

Get ganked, have all your stuff stolen, waste your time. You still get attacked by NPCs in solo, so you still get the engagement and combat....just not the malicious and ill will that come from real people.
    So all the crafting and like "Raid Bosses" and what not are in the single player?

The game looks interesting, I'm just not 100% sold on it. Also FUCK THAT THE SERVERS ON CONSOLE ARE REGION LOCKED ARRGGGG.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So all the crafting and like "Raid Bosses" and what not are in the single player?
    Yep. I'm not sure on details of scaling, but I would imagine if they offer a single player mode that they would scale appropriately. The only time I tried a boss it was completely bugged and this was a few months ago, so I don't have personal experience. Just know that the same gameplay and loot is there, but they added the 'purge' (lol, cliche) which is just npcs raiding your base determined by your gear level and where you are on the map.
    BAD WOLF

Yep. I'm not sure on details of scaling, but I would imagine if they offer a single player mode that they would scale appropriately.
    That's good to know, It looks like it will actually run decent as well unlike other "cough" ark/7 days "cough" survival games.

about boss scaling, like i said earlier i tried these at level 40ish so idk if that's comparable to a level 60 with exile epics.

but like, for me i had to lure them into traps with as many archers as i could line the wall with. also went through all my gas orbs. that was just for the crocodile boss, near the southern river.

it's doable in singleplayer. but you need to have enough slaves to help you, ideally decked out in as much gear as you can get them. oh, and snake arrows. give them lots and lots of snake arrows, cause that stacking poison debuff is godly.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    about boss scaling, like i said earlier i tried these at level 40ish so idk if that's comparable to a level 60 with exile epics.

but like, for me i had to lure them into traps with as many archers as i could line the wall with. also went through all my gas orbs. that was just for the crocodile boss, near the southern river.

it's doable in singleplayer. but you need to have enough slaves to help you, ideally decked out in as much gear as you can get them. oh, and snake arrows. give them lots and lots of snake arrows, cause that stacking poison debuff is godly.
    Cool thanks for the info. Going to check out the performance of the game when it releases and then decide if its worth it.