Page 58 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    until the deal is finalized all the fox x-verse movies in production are still being finished so unfortunately we still have a few more years of x-men fox movies.

which means the earliest we can see any hints of x-men or f4 in the mcu is phase 5
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    .... and Stark will have found his way back to Earth
    To this point in particular, upon a second watch Nebula is still alive on Titan and as far as I can tell the Guardian's ship didn't get blown up, so they could just fly that back
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    How far he's come in just two movies, right?
    In fairness he came a hell of along way from where he started in Thor to where he was in Age of Ultron, but yeah Ragnarok and Infinity War have easily cemented Thor as my favourite MCU character.

I hear there may be time-travel shenanigans in "Avengers 4". Could be a good watch.

Currently I'm trying to imagine a WoW-boss concept of Thanos using the infinity gems as his abilities, including that famous SNAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    You could apply the same logic to any previous Marvel film really, it's the core concept of a Superhero story. The good guys win, simple.
    The Marvel movies are far more complex than this, though.

The most frequent winner in the MCU is Tony Stark, and he is also the central villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    The Marvel movies are far more complex than this, though.

The most frequent winner in the MCU is Tony Stark, and he is also the central villain.
    Ah yeah nah....Tony Stark isnt a villain. Ultron had to come from somewhere, they just made it a tony stark invention because tony stark is so brilliant sometimes he forgets to check his inventions out morally.

No one was "Wrong" in the civil war movie, both sides have good guy PoV's just on different sides. Thats it

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    They are already there.....
    No they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    No one was "Wrong" in the civil war movie, both sides have good guy PoV's just on different sides. Thats it
    I dunno, I think Tony's side is pretty clearly in the wrong. He lists a series of events, only one of which was caused by an Avenger (Him and Banner). Then Tony's side chases after a man they already assume guilty of a crime (Which he didn't commit). Finally, while the most understandable, he does try and kill a man who while being basically mind controlled killed his parents. I get it's tempting to do so, but morally it couldn't be seen as correct. Really at no point in the movie did Tony seem to be on the right side of things.

As far as IW goes I finally got around to seeing it. Besides the 14 million future scenarios bit (Which based on what we saw, I don't see how it could have been correct) I really liked it. It was all building toward part 2 or whatever they end up calling it but still managed to be a movie that did all the characters justice while telling a good story. There were some other minor nitpicking problems but nothing that really annoyed me too much while watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    I dunno, I think Tony's side is pretty clearly in the wrong. He lists a series of events, only one of which was caused by an Avenger (Him and Banner). Then Tony's side chases after a man they already assume guilty of a crime (Which he didn't commit). Finally, while the most understandable, he does try and kill a man who while being basically mind controlled killed his parents. I get it's tempting to do so, but morally it couldn't be seen as correct. Really at no point in the movie did Tony seem to be on the right side of things.
    Lets recall the events that pushed Tony into his direction. A grieving mother of her dead child who was basically a poster child of perfection, taking time off his important studies to help out low income families, and Scarlet Witch kills hims by accident. And government oversight of deadly weapons is the exact opposite of what a bad guy would want. More likely they would want complete freedom like on caps side

Sorry but that doesnt scream bad guy to me.

Sorry but that doesnt scream bad guy to me.
    Not saying he was a bad guy, just he was on the wrong side of literally every argument in Civil War. This doesn't make him a villain, just a guy acting out of emotion and I suspect wanting to lift some blame he feels for the events of Ultron off his shoulders. Which is understandable but doesn't validate his points. Baron Zemo was still the bad guy of that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    Not saying he was a bad guy, just he was on the wrong side of literally every argument in Civil War. This doesn't make him a villain, just a guy acting out of emotion and I suspect wanting to lift some blame he feels for the events of Ultron off his shoulders. Which is understandable but doesn't validate his points. Baron Zemo was still the bad guy of that movie.
    Theres nothing really wrong with his PoV on the accords though. Its technically diplomacy so unless you dissagree with diplomacy then you cant say hes on the wrong side.

The problem arises in the marvel universe where agencies like Hydra exist and so potentially that diplomacy can be corrupted by different agenda's. Which is why Cap is also right. It was a bit of good writing because they are both right and wrong in different ways.

and Scarlet Witch kills hims by accident.
    Well Wanda either let the bomb kill captain america and all those people on the ground or just those people in the building, I think she picked the right choice

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yeah nah....
    What in the actual fuck is that even supposed to mean? Yes or no? This drives me up the fucking wall every time I see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Theres nothing really wrong with his PoV on the accords though. Its technically diplomacy so unless you dissagree with diplomacy then you cant say hes on the wrong side.

The problem arises in the marvel universe where agencies like Hydra exist and so potentially that diplomacy can be corrupted by different agenda's. Which is why Cap is also right. It was a bit of good writing because they are both right and wrong in different ways.
    Part of the issue is that none of the Avengers were actually a part of the process of writing the accords, except for maybe Tony. If they had actually called the Avengers in to come up with a suitable compromise maybe things could have been worked out properly. Instead the document was written up and they were given an ultimatum to sign, retire or become fugitives.

Quote Originally Posted by Zardu Hasselfrau View Post
    There's this thing called "suspension of disbelief." You (and yes, that's the collective 'you') don't have suspension of disbelief when a character gets killed off despite his sequel already being in production with the same actor in the same lead role (aka Spider-Man), or whose sequels have already been announced (Strange and Black Panther).

All of that could have easily been solved by selecting different characters. Thor (who could have Valkyrie step in and take his mantle), Captain America (ditto with Bucky or even Falcon), Black Widow, War Machine, or whoever else. If any of them would have died, there'd be genuine speculation over whether or not they survive precisely because they don't have upcoming movies and/or they have people who can take up their name.

But nope: There's zero chance -- not even room for speculation, it's a fucking fact -- that Thanos' actions are going to be reversed. Which takes every ounce of dramatic tension out of the moment.

Only sappy, dim-witted fools would even have a hint of "feels" over those deaths.
    So I guess I shouldn't have bothered to watch Lord of the Rings because I knew it would end with a piece of gold dumped in a volcano?

I do agree that at least the majority, if not totality, of characters who died to the snap will be rezzed, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a well done moment and a decent way to finally give a Marvel villain a victory for once. It's a comic book universe franchise, obviously they're not going to kill characters that can still make bank, it comes with the medium and there's precisely nothing you can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    I hear there may be time-travel shenanigans in "Avengers 4". Could be a good watch.

Currently I'm trying to imagine a WoW-boss concept of Thanos using the infinity gems as his abilities, including that famous SNAP.
    Could be like Lich King or Argus except only half of the raid dies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    So I guess I shouldn't have bothered to watch Lord of the Rings because I knew it would end with a piece of gold dumped in a volcano?

I do agree that at least the majority, if not totality, of characters who died to the snap will be rezzed, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a well done moment and a decent way to finally give a Marvel villain a victory for once. It's a comic book universe franchise, obviously they're not going to kill characters that can still make bank, it comes with the medium and there's precisely nothing you can do about it.
    Not to mention plenty of characters could die in part 4 and not be brought back. For example this is supposed to be Evans and Downey's last movies on their contracts. Even if those deaths get undone in Infinity War doesn't mean ew'll have an ending where everyone's alive either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    That's not even remotely the same.

Learn what the fuck "suspension of disbelief" means before continuing to embarrass yourself. Hint: Characters dying doesn't destroy it, even if you suspect they'll be revived. Characters dying when they have a sequel in the fucking works, which means they WILL be revived with NO QUESTION WHATSOEVER about it, does.

Ah yeah nah....Tony Stark isnt a villain. Ultron had to come from somewhere, they just made it a tony stark invention because tony stark is so brilliant sometimes he forgets to check his inventions out morally.

The writers were in the wrong for foisting such garbage on the audience.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Everyone has pretty much known this the second Infinity War got announced. You could apply the same logic to any previous Marvel film really, it's the core concept of a Superhero story. The good guys win, simple.
    This will be incredibly fucking lame if they try to go this direction with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    until the deal is finalized all the fox x-verse movies in production are still being finished so unfortunately we still have a few more years of x-men fox movies.

which means the earliest we can see any hints of x-men or f4 in the mcu is phase 5
    God how many more will we have to endure? It's actually damaging to the brand, by the time they get X-Men across there will be so much ill will built up on that team. We really need a good couple of years at least where the X-Men brand is given a break...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zardu Hasselfrau View Post
    Learn what the fuck "suspension of disbelief" means before continuing to embarrass yourself. Hint: Characters dying doesn't destroy it, even if you suspect they'll be revived. Characters dying when they have a sequel in the fucking works, which means they WILL be revived with NO QUESTION WHATSOEVER about it, does.
    Yeah but would you ever believe that Spider-Man would stay dead? Regardless of whether there's any sequels in the works. I mean come on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Ah yeah nah....Tony Stark isnt a villain.
    Iron Man's story is that of an arms dealer who is confronted with the horrifying reality that Arabs are buying his bombs and guns as well as Westerners, and his revelatory approach to solving this problem is to go into business as an extralegal assassin in order to kill them.

The action sequence where the snarling, shouting Muslim terrorists are brutally murdered by Iron Man's weapons system is the heroic fantasy of a Raytheon smart bomb, and can really only be read as an indictment of itself.

In many Marvel films the villain is pointedly an "evil Tony", or an expression of Stark's inner being. Every antagonist in the Iron Man films, obviously, but also Ultron, Adrian Toomes and Thanos himself. The point of this recurring story beat is that defeating the shadow Starks does not accomplish anything, because the real Stark still lives to create them. Even his heroic sacrifice in Avengers 4 will not stop this - just disperse Stark's evil throughout the universe in a pandeistic explosion.

No one was "Wrong" in the civil war movie, both sides have good guy PoV's just on different sides.
    Actually, everyone is wrong in Civil War - or more accurately the issue being argued collapses under scrutiny so both sides have little merit. The Sokovia accords are a sham from the beginning, and so being pro- or anti-accords is mostly meaningless. For example, the point of the Sokovia accords is to place superheroes like the Avengers under the control of an international, non-governmental body such as a UN advisory board so that they do not act independently, while ignoring that Avengers 1 revealed that the Avengers and SHIELD were under the control of the Illuminati World Security Council.
    Last edited by Mahourai; 2018-05-07 at 04:59 AM.