Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Getting Legion legendaries in BFA

Is it possible to get the current Legion legendaries when BFA comes out? I know wowhead says this: "The Legion system of randomly dropping Legendaries will not continue into Battle for Azeroth." But I'm not sure if that just means the current legendary system will be gone or if it also means getting the current Legion legendaries will not be possible once BFA comes out. I'm asking since I'm trying to get as many legendaries as possible for transmog and OCD reasons. If I can continue getting legendaries in BFA, it'll make it a lot easier.

I cant imagine Blizzard getting rid of the time sink nightmare that legion legendaries are.

afaik You can still get wakening essence and random legendary drops in LEGION content and use them in Battle for Azeroth, but level ~116-118 legendaries start to be replaced with new expansion gear.

New legendaries will not be introduced in bfa though.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    I cant imagine Blizzard getting rid of the time sink nightmare that legion legendaries are.
    What time sink? Legiondaries are a passive result of just playing the game. While the process of obtaining them could be accelerated by sinking more time into the game, it was never mandatory. Those people who insisted on sinking hundreds of hours into trying to get the best legendaries as fast as possible have only their own lack of patience and poor self control to blame if it became a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    What time sink? Legiondaries are a passive result of just playing the game. While the process of obtaining them could be accelerated by sinking more time into the game, it was never mandatory. Those people who insisted on sinking hundreds of hours into trying to get the best legendaries as fast as possible have only their own lack of patience and poor self control to blame if it became a nightmare.
    You must not raid...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VexxedFox View Post
    You must not raid...
    It has never, even in the lifespan of Legion, been mandatory to have legendaries before you could raid.

I didn't think it was a time sink at all, and while not mandatory, not having your artifact legendary, you won't even be able to play competitively in dungeons. But I guess if all you do is quest/professions, you don't have to do it. But it seems like more work than anything to remove it altogether at Legion's end, like, Class Halls' main purpose was for legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    It has never, even in the lifespan of Legion, been mandatory to have legendaries before you could raid.
    Tell that to people rerolling in the start because you got the shit legendaries and you werent pulling your weight because some classes simply could not perform without certain legendaries.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolgubstep View Post
    New legendaries will not be introduced in bfa though.
    No new legion style legendaries, no legendaries from the first tier, but that doesn't mean there won't be more classic style legendaries later on down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by VexxedFox View Post
    You must not raid...
    Even Method didn't sit people for not having ideal legendaries so ... Yeah no it's never been required.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PewPewArrowz View Post
    Tell that to people rerolling in the start because you got the shit legendaries and you werent pulling your weight because some classes simply could not perform without certain legendaries.
    That was personal choice, it was never mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I highely doubt that. mythic geared people used to replace their gear with normal dungeon max level gear in previous expansions.
    So legendaries will stay until they are disabled at 120.
    You actually think they aren't going to nerf the legendarys before launch day lol, did you forget about the trinkets they nerfed into the ground when legion launched.

Don't all legendaries use currently existing models anyway?

Even if they are gone you could easily find the models original source and farm it.

- - - Updated - - -

I highely doubt that. mythic geared people used to replace their gear with normal dungeon max level gear in previous expansions.
    Cape actually lasted till you got a HC dungeon cape in WoD. Cape was 616 upgraded and was actually bugged at the start because it kept proccing. Was supposed to disable itself at 100.

Ring though you are right. Lasted until you got a 800 or higher ring. Was 795 and the effectiveness reduced per level until it was worthless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile without the BiS leggos ferals couldnt make the dps check for M Ursoc. Even getting the 2nd BiS ONLY back then increased my feral's damage by like 40% or so
    Raider and multi-classer currently on:
    Fire Mage on Ravencrest EU
    Guardian Druid on Ravencrest EU

Quote Originally Posted by JackWest View Post
    Meanwhile without the BiS leggos ferals couldnt make the dps check for M Ursoc
    This.

While some specs could do fine I really remember certain specs being crap without specific legendaries. UH DK and Feral Druid spring to mind.

I mean sure you weren't forced to get them but building certain specs too much around them was the issue and hence why they are gone. Not to mention it was a garbage system. A legendary should feel special or worked on. Like the Cape/Ring where you worked on an item of power throughout the expansion similar to Relics in FF14.

Personally I don't think the current system made it feel anything special. Just reminded me too much of Diablo 3.

And since they've made hints about going back to the older Legendary system to be honest I hope they don't either. I'd rather them go back to the Cape/Ring style if anything. Everyone gets it and it feels like you put the effort in for it. Again going back to Relics in FF14 that's how I'd like the legendary system to be in WoW personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    This.

While some specs could do fine I really remember certain specs being crap without specific legendaries. UH DK and Feral Druid spring to mind.

I mean sure you weren't forced to get them but building certain specs too much around them was the issue and hence why they are gone. Not to mention it was a garbage system. A legendary should feel special or worked on. Like the Cape/Ring where you worked on an item of power throughout the expansion similar to Relics in FF14.

Personally I don't think the current system made it feel anything special. Just reminded me too much of Diablo 3.

And since they've made hints about going back to the older Legendary system to be honest I hope they don't either. I'd rather them go back to the Cape/Ring style if anything. Everyone gets it and it feels like you put the effort in for it. Again going back to Relics in FF14 that's how I'd like the legendary system to be in WoW personally.
    I think cape/ring system is good if you cant do the quest in lfr. Doesnt have to be mythic only like wrath(25HC) but you "should" actually raid in order to get it
    Raider and multi-classer currently on:
    Fire Mage on Ravencrest EU
    Guardian Druid on Ravencrest EU

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    No new legion style legendaries, no legendaries from the first tier, but that doesn't mean there won't be more classic style legendaries later on down the line.

Even Method didn't sit people for not having ideal legendaries so ... Yeah no it's never been required.

- - - Updated - - -

That was personal choice, it was never mandatory.
    Getting benched isn't a personal choice. For some classes the DPS gain and difference with a legendary were huge. It became near mandatory to have certain legendaries to compete with other classes that didn't need them and was only a nice gain.

Requirement? No. Were you subpar without them and not as competitive? Definitely.

Before you could mythic raid it has. If you're talking about LFR then you can do anything you want (up to and including being completely afk)
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2018-05-07 at 07:47 PM.

They disable their effects at 116 on the beta right now.

So once you hit 116 they become i305 stat sticks, still better than leveling gear, but no special effects whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by PewPewArrowz View Post
    They interviewed motherfucking Method and were told they didn't do that.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    They interviewed motherfucking Method and were told they didn't do that.
    Method just benches people and stacks classes...legendaries don't change class imbalance. An imbalance sometimes only fixed with the assistance of legendaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Don't all legendaries use currently existing models anyway?

Even if they are gone you could easily find the models original source and farm it.

- - - Updated - - -

Cape actually lasted till you got a HC dungeon cape in WoD. Cape was 616 upgraded and was actually bugged at the start because it kept proccing. Was supposed to disable itself at 100.

Ring though you are right. Lasted until you got a 800 or higher ring. Was 795 and the effectiveness reduced per level until it was worthless.
    Some Appearances are Unique.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".