Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Iceblock is getting in the top 8 (and soon top 4) while a full counter was available for quite a while for it simply because it was frustrating to play against(because you were greedy and didn't want to tech against any other secret), while overall the card itself was not strong in any way(no tempo, no removal, no direct win as a result of it).
    The problem of Eater of Secrets was was simply that the card was complete garbage against any other deck that didn't run secrets, which was basically every other deck at the time.

Mostly looking at the Meta from Un'goro - Witchwood, up until Kobolds Hunters did not see a lot of play (let alone their secrets), Paladin Secrets also didn't see a lot of play.
    Eater of Secrets was a card that was simply printed too late, it would've been amazing during the Aggro / Secret Pally Meta as the only Secret counter at the time (Kezan Mystic) stole merely a single secret from a deck that sometimes pulled out the entire christmas tree.

Playing specific Tech cards (and Eater of Secrets was certainly one of them) is always about weighing your odds, if you want to win consistently against mage, you need one, but you might lose other matches because Eater of Secrets simply sucked there.

Compare Eater of Secrets to the current "anti secret" Card, Secret Destroyer 5 Mana 4 / 6 >> 4 Mana 2/4, not the best card but at least the stats aren't total trash for it's mana cost.

Down to the last two cards, looks like Dr Boom is going to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    Down to the last two cards, looks like Dr Boom is going to take it.
    I actually dont think it's the 'strongest card' evah, but it's certainly the most memorable Original 'OP' card. Dr7 was the first one. (Not counting original set Rag's etc).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solitare-sp View Post
    I actually dont think it's the 'strongest card' evah, but it's certainly the most memorable Original 'OP' card. Dr7 was the first one. (Not counting original set Rag's etc).
    https://twitter.com/IksarHS/status/993925124754554881

Won by Dr. Boom.

I think he was the first uncounterable card ever(because no matter what you did, you were not going to 1:1 trade with that card) and in a world of Force Savage Roar, those boombots were insane.

My favorite would be Anyfin Can Happen, hands down. But since the voting was apparently about power level, I guess I agree with Dr. Boom.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2018-05-08 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    https://twitter.com/IksarHS/status/993925124754554881

Won by Dr. Boom.

I think he was the first uncounterable card ever(because no matter what you did, you were not going to 1:1 trade with that card) and in a world of Force Savage Roar, those boombots were insane.
    Yes, but after everyone teched in BGH, Dr Boom wasn't as strong as people believe. Compared to Call to Arms or Sunkeeper Tarim, Dr. Boom wasn't as strong, even back then.

Heck, Piloted Shredder was far far FAR more oppressive than Dr. Boom in GvG.