Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was expecting something different from the thread title
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Pretty sure it's called Bukakke.
    Tastes good with chicken and fish.

Well this took off splendid didn't it lol. So I guess it's yum yum sauce and not white sauce even thought the restaurant calls it white sauce. But apparently some yum yum sauces still have that orange ish color. (I realize i'm harping on color a lot but the orange ish sauce doesn't taste at all like the white colored sauce."

Alabama white sauce is better
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by OhBoyKittens View Post
    Hey guys. I cannot for the love of my find the Asian white sauce to buy. I'm looking for the white sauce that's in restaurants not the white sauce that's orange color ish.
    That title...

Coconut milk you mean?

Well, it's usually a little bit more than just coconut milk.
    Lime, Fish Sauce, Lemongrass, Sesame Oil, Ginger and Garlic are common ingredients. But everyone does it slightly differently.

The orange sauce is just a white sauce, with added red chili paste.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    I was gonna come in here and sarcastically say that it's cultural appropriation, but i see that's not necessary

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd
    What you are looking for is Japanese shrimp sauce.
    Interesting. Thanks for breaking that out, the only white sauce that I could think of would have been Kewpie Mayonnaise.
    Last edited by shadowmouse; 2018-05-09 at 01:15 PM.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    What you are looking for is Japanese shrimp sauce. The color depends on the mayo and the paprika. A mayo made with free range eggs will likely be more yellow (since the yolks tend to be darker) and the paprika gives it a slight pink tint (the more you add, the darker pink it gets). It's mayo, melted butter, rice vinegar, sugar, paprika and garlic.
    There's also a Chinese version that relies on perfectly clear vegetable stock. It's not hard to google this stuff (directed at OP).

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedim View Post
    It would be Asian White Sauce if you don't know the name and that's the best description you have.

If you don't mean Yum Yum sauce then maybe just the generic white sauce recipe of a combination of broth, garlic, ginger, rice wine, and cornstarch might be what you're referring to.
    He might be looking for Japanese mayonnaise too.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    Are you talking about Yum Yum sauce?

You can buy it at most super markets, or on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Yings-Sauce-Y...=yum+yum+sauce
    MAYONNAISE, WATER, SOYBEAN OIL, COOKING WINE, SUGAR, MUSTARD, VINEGAR, ONION POWDER, PAPRIKA, GINGER POWDER, XANTHAN GUM, SPICES, SODIUM BENZOATE, POTASSIUM SORBATE

If that doesn't sound tasty, i don't know what does.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    MAYONNAISE, WATER, SOYBEAN OIL, COOKING WINE, SUGAR, MUSTARD, VINEGAR, ONION POWDER, PAPRIKA, GINGER POWDER, XANTHAN GUM, SPICES, ... /snip

If that doesn't sound tasty, i don't know what does.
    If you stop at the snip, it sounds just fine.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

This entire thread just makes me want to go to the new Chinese buffet that is down the street.

Why don't you just go ask the cook at your restaurant where to get some of the white sauce, I am sure he would be happy to help you out?

https://pinchofyum.com/yum-yum-sauce

Pretty sure you're after the Yum Yum - if you don't want it to be orange - leave out the tomato paste & paprika

Or leave it in like it should be and YUMMMMMMMM
    If you claim to support the second amendment, and have to qualify it with preconditions, you don't support the second amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Its not called Asian white sauce FFS. Its either the Japanese one or the Chinese one you're after. #CulturalColonialism
    You are a fucking worthless braindead scumfuck bastard pile of trash mental dickface that should be gunned down in the street like the degenerate you are.

Ohhhhhh I know what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocahontas View Post
    You are a fucking worthless braindead scumfuck bastard pile of trash mental dickface that should be gunned down in the street like the degenerate you are.
    Ah, trying the videogamedunkey method of getting yourself banned I see.