Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren-dorei View Post
    Wasn't Derek's body incinerated by one of the Red Dragons? Only ashes should be left of him.
    Given what happened to the last named NPC incinerated by Red Dragon fire (Bolvar), that might be a dicey proposition for Derek.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Given what happened to the last named NPC incinerated by Red Dragon fire (Bolvar), that might be a dicey proposition for Derek.
    Now we know what that burning zombie model is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Wasn't it already few years since he was killed ? I can't imagine his body being in too good condition.

But floating, talking skull, mocking jaina would be hilarious.
    This made me laugh out loud.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    But yeah, actual undead npc's outside of the Forsaken (model) show rarely decay (or any feature obviously showing that they're undead), Sylvanas is the best example, she should have a gaping wound where her heart was(?) as Arthas stabbed her there.
    Sylvanas wouldn't sell as well if she looked like this

Or full of stitches as in Metzen's concept

This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Sylvanas wouldn't sell as well if she looked like this
    Or full of stitches as in Metzen's concept
    Oh she would sell just fine...to certain demographics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't it already few years since he was killed ? I can't imagine his body being in too good condition.

But floating, talking skull, mocking jaina would be hilarious.
    Can you imagine his floating skull heckling her and him just dodging her magic while he just laughs and laughs...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Can you imagine his floating skull heckling her and him just dodging her magic while he just laughs and laughs...
    "Your aim is as bad as your ability for social interactions."

7+ Year Old Account
    "Your aim is as bad as your ability for social interactions."
    "You should try bigger spells... Like a bomb"
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    "You should try bigger spells... Like a bomb"
    Well now i can imagine completely diffrent situation.

/Derek body lies on the table, he looks dead
    /Jaina prods it with her staff
    /Body miraculously comes back to life
    Derek: Glad to meet you sister...IM A BOMB
    Jaina: A BOMB !
    Ghost of daelin: Time to die jaina
    Derek: Im gonna whoop your ass
    /Derek explodes killing screaming jaina.

And for reference

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    Right in the Forsaken intro, forgive me if I'm mistaken, but I'm pretty sure the Val'kyr are raising undead, and if you don't comply to being part of the Forsaken, you get the gift of True Death and just get put back into the mass grave.
    Every forsaken after that (other then Godfrey) signs right up for the forsaken even when being killed by them seconds earlier.

10+ Year Old Account
    He looks pretty healthy in his NPC ID, but eh, so did Godfrey until the val'kyr did their thing.

But yeah, actual undead npc's outside of the Forsaken (model) show rarely decay (or any feature obviously showing that they're undead), Sylvanas is the best example, she should have a gaping wound where her heart was(?) as Arthas stabbed her there.
    You can't see it because with the new model she wears more than just a bra to the battlefield.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.

It has been almost 30 years since he was blown up by red dragons and sunk to the bottom of the ocean.

There shouldn't be a shred of flesh left on the poor kid.

Snippy
    I think you'll find these restrictions are gameplay related. Granted I would love the lore of this to be added. They're starting to evolve it... A little with Nathanos but it will be a shortened supply regardless because of how they market it and now continue to do so.

For example, World of Warcraft is PG12. Adding lots decay and even a hideous wound from death will suddenly ramp that rating up to more 18. I'm sure you can imagine other games that have been this detailed, even to the extremes of say Demon Souls/Bloodborne to older classics like Resident Evil.

Couple this with, Vanilla had restrictions thanks to technology. Having customisation like different bodies for the majority of the game where players sort gear which translate to being covered in armour, seems rather a pointless task for such in depth customisation. Even other games focus on hair, head, accessories, race and body size. What World of Warcraft lacks is a slider for body weight but they've done Allied Races instead. Everything else is pretty much covered even if it's "limited".
    Speeding up to today, Blizzard didn't change their brand because of nostalgia and recognisable branding that is imposed by the player base. Not to mention... Games like Star Wars, Aion and Rift who used shiny graphics basically fell so flat on their arse. It's a good pointer that even Disney can't crack the market and they have tons of money to throw.

You can cite laziness... But back 15 years ago, having processors, RAM, video cards and shit still running on KB and MB capacity, why would you bloat with body customisation (for armour reasons mentioned) when at one point... you had 12 million playing? It's one more thing granted but, it was one less thing for the servers and client's under developed computers to interact and send pockets of information.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    He looks pretty healthy in his NPC ID, but eh, so did Godfrey until the val'kyr did their thing.
    It could even be just to use for a flashback scenario exactly like they did with Sargeras. He had an uncorrupted version datamined specifically for that one cutscene.
    They may withhold the newer model because like the interview on the front page, they know that as soon as shit is datamined, it's exposed.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2018-05-10 at 09:52 AM.

Last time i heard the name derek it was from the old british comedy show Only Fools and Horses.

I hope the wow derek ends up being hilarious because i won't ever be able to take him seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Every forsaken after that (other then Godfrey) signs right up for the forsaken even when being killed by them seconds earlier.
    If you sit around Deathknell for a while occasionally a fresly-raised Forsaken kills himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pucek View Post
    You can't see it because with the new model she wears more than just a bra to the battlefield.
    Too bad the screenshot comes from the BfA cinematic where the wound should have been visible.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    For example, World of Warcraft is PG12. Adding lots decay and even a hideous wound from death will suddenly ramp that rating up to more 18. I'm sure you can imagine other games that have been this detailed, even to the extremes of say Demon Souls/Bloodborne to older classics like Resident Evil.
    I still think that something like the BfA cinematic could've at least shown a scar or some shit, a stitched up wound.

Doesn't have to be have a huge gaping crater of undead flesh but yeah, just something.

You can cite laziness... But back 15 years ago, having processors, RAM, video cards and shit still running on KB and MB capacity, why would you bloat with body customisation (for armour reasons mentioned) when at one point... you had 12 million playing? It's one more thing granted but, it was one less thing for the servers and client's under developed computers to interact and send pockets of information.
    But we're not in 2003 anymore.

Too bad the screenshot comes from the BfA cinematic where the wound should have been visible.

I still think that something like the BfA cinematic could've at least shown a scar or some shit, a stitched up wound.

Doesn't have to be have a huge gaping crater of undead flesh but yeah, just something.
    Yeah that's something but it's a visual distraction and old history for the game, though they could easily argue bullshit like, the necromancy or whatever the fuck they please that "fixed it". I would probably say a few variables.

But we're not in 2003 anymore.
    Speeding up to today, Blizzard didn't change their brand because of nostalgia and recognisable branding that is imposed by the player base. Not to mention... Games like Star Wars, Aion and Rift who used shiny graphics basically fell so flat on their arse. It's a good pointer that even Disney can't crack the market and they have tons of money to throw.

I even explained it earlier. With two understandable points. Firstly, don't fix what isn't broken with artistic style when it's worked well, with even crap like Wildstar proving they have a style that is somehow niche enough to be enjoyed and doesn't kill client computers, addresses wider and younger audiences and not failed so miserably that has trumped companies who have way more budget.
    There's also multiple other shit like remasters who are wanted with just updated graphics and play ability on newer consoles to relive the same charm and gameplay with pretty visuals but not stray too far from it's original style. Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Ocarina of Time, yadda yadda. All imposed ideals by the players themselves, game companies wouldn't do it if there was no market and it started off small until it gained momentum to the point... Loads are jumping on that boat.

And Secondly, yes we're not in 2003, but for the a lot of the player base... We still should be. There is a reason why classic servers are coming back...
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2018-05-10 at 11:49 AM.

Yeah that's something but it's a visual distraction and old history for the game, though they could easily argue bullshit like, the necromancy or whatever the fuck they please "fixed it".
    Would be weird as Forsaken (or Undead in general) do not give a shit about their appearance, they're dead and all, no emotions and so forth.

I even explained it earlier. With two underdstandable points. Firstly, don't fix what isn't broken with artistic style when it's worked well. And Secondly, yes we're not in 2003, but for the a lot of the player base... We still should be. There is a reason why classic servers are coming back...
    As if a fucking scar in a cinematic would warp the entire graphics of WoW and would soak any resources out of the game.
    Sylvanas is among the most known Undead character in the Warcraft franchise, now with her taking the spotlight, you could think that they might put something in to make her model to make it "more accurate".

It's not like acknowledging said scar would suddenly force them to change every UD model.

#JusticeforDaelin #Daelinwasright