Thread: [Spoilers] Yrel

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It is nice to see blizz intends to finally cash in their light isn't entirely good either chips, which were planted over a decade ago with their homage to babylon 5.
    Wait what? What was this?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Deleted
    I love the development she's been through, finally Blizzard is showing us that the good guys can be bad too

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Wait what? What was this?
    It was a sci fi show, with two ancient races manipulating the younger ones, the vorlons seemingly benevolent beings fixated on obedience and order and the shadows who believed in ascension through suffering.

Velens name is derived of a prophet named Valen in that series.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    Developing a character in the way that you don't like is still development.
    Yrel was bound by a Xe'ra-like naaru, and she needs to do as it commands.

What is wrong with this? Anyone knows why this would be a bad development?
    I loved the broadcast text, can't wait to play it myself.
    Only, she was never bound to anything. She does this because she thinks it's the right thing to do, not because she's being mindcontrolled.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Only, she was never bound to anything. She does this because she thinks it's the right thing to do, not because she's being mindcontrolled.
    AU Velen's death scene, that mark on her forehead. Could be some shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Its just terrible writing I got banned in the official forums for pointing this out btw. Apparently saying the writing is terrible and blizz needs to do something about it is harassment of the writing team.
    Yeah I've written three posts on the forums in the past few days and each one mentioned the poor writing. All of them were deleted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spoiler tag pls.
    As an Alliance player, as far as I have understood, I have no howls of rage to produce if green bois get what they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    is it that hard to read?
    let me rewrite it here:

lightBOUND

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    is it that hard to read?
    let me rewrite it here:

lightBOUND
    Oh so it's just you assuming something... Right then, moving on, nothing but headcanon here then

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobus View Post
    AU Velen's death scene, that mark on her forehead. Could be some shenanigans.
    Well in that case, all Draenei are lightbound since every single Draenei can invoke that rune.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Has it been confirmed that Yrel leads the lightbound? or are people assuming? Also, are the lightbound trying to dominate the orcs only? or is there a faction war going on between the lightforged and regular draenei?

I think we are missing so much at this point. I would caution against trusting datamined info as it can be very misleading.
    "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" ~Einstein
    Wish more people would take that to heart.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dekal View Post
    Has it been confirmed that Yrel leads the lightbound? or are people assuming? Also, are the lightbound trying to dominate the orcs only? or is there a faction war going on between the lightforged and regular draenei?

I think we are missing so much at this point. I would caution against trusting datamined info as it can be very misleading.
    Confirmed and datamined. It seems as if Yrel leads all the Draenei, who have gone on a mad crusade

10+ Year Old Account

One of the Lightbound death quotes says ''Yrel...I have failed you''.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaeha View Post
    This is entirely a Horde quest line and Alliance players will have no interaction with Yrel or any of this stuff, so it's not really a problem for Blizzard to make them out as purely bad guys in this situation since we only see the story from one side.

Still, as an Alliance player I like this twist on the Light and really wish I could join in burning some orcs... sorry, I mean purging the heretics!
    There was shadows of that when the windchime fan girl was going to do to Illidan what she wanted damn him wishes.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Not to mention, Golden has indicated that they're purposefully putting false broadcast text out there to trick data miners. I doubt all of the broadcast text is fake, but I'm also particularly cautious of these dramatic changes in character development.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    Even more fun, see the cries of the Horde fanboys when it turns out she has nothing to do with it!
    Why would it change anything significant for the Horde players, exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The only thing that upsets me is I can't join her.

Well we have Jaina, but she's not stable atm. It would be refreshing to have that girl from Kul Tiras to do some field work or Shandris, she's been shelved for so long. Moira could be really awesome... there is potential but I'm sure Blizzard will fuck it up.
    I figured the competent qualifier in my original post would cover Jaina "fuck you I'm going home the Legion can destroy Azeroth for all I care because the Horde are bad! " Proudmoore.

Shame about Shandris Feathermoon; she's absolutely terrifying but I feel like Blizzard forgot she exists. Moira's sole use seems to be "regent to a future Dark Iron king." Hopefully with Dark Iron Dwarves as a playable race in BFA we'll get some character development out of her that is not how she's involved with a man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It was a sci fi show, with two ancient races manipulating the younger ones, the vorlons seemingly benevolent beings fixated on obedience and order and the shadows who believed in ascension through suffering.

Velens name is derived of a prophet named Valen in that series.
    I know what Babylon 5 is, I meant the reference :P
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Two wrongs dont make a right you know.
    Does in video games, though.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

As much as I like that the Horde has been given moral high ground for once and the concept of a light-based antagonist, I do have to agree this is too out of character. Maybe make it so that while most of the Draenei went full light ISIS, a small group of Draenei led by Yrel broke off and actually stood with the Orcs, thus sparing Yrel's character.

Make Turalyon the light-zealot. It fits his character better.

Well we have Jaina, but she's not stable atm. It would be refreshing to have that girl from Kul Tiras to do some field work or Shandris, she's been shelved for so long. Moira could be really awesome... there is potential but I'm sure Blizzard will fuck it up.
    not stable kek, why cause the horde screwed her and she doesnt like them anymore. every single strong alliance female is bad cause they hate the horde lol, sensitive horde lol