Thread: [Spoilers] Yrel

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velgrub View Post
    Lol, 90% of the Eredar race became the Legion. Perhaps all tentacle-face aliens should be judged by the majority?
    60 ish % not 90 the people split at about the same margin as the leaders.

Yrel was never an alliance character, neither were the AU draenei. Did you play the expansion? Other than showing up a few times to say she got stronger she didn't really get much development at all in WoD. Also it has been something like 35 years in their time since the end of WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Until about five minutes ago, I knew literally nothing about this. Now I know what the lightbound/lightbourne are... vaguely.
    Yeah, sorry, I was just making sure that you weren't making fun of the other person's typo when they called the Lightbound "Lightbourne".

As of what those Naaru did, I think (as some others have said) this is the implicated result of what will happens when the balance between the Light and Void is disturbed. We have just weakened and then defeated the Legion, a force that have been keeping both in check (by screwing them all). We also removed most of the Void followers and Void corruption on AU Draenor during WoD. Thus, there probably wasn't anything to contest with the Light over AU Draenor and as a result, they started exerting their dominance. This seems particularly bad since we are looking at the event from the Mag'har Orcs' perspective. However, I believe the picture might seems slightly different if we look at it from the Lightbound's or those AU Naaru's: they are trying to heal the planet, protect peace & order and prevent any risk of corruption from Fel & Void while the Mag'har Orcs are the one stubbornly refuse to get blessed even at the risk of getting themselves and the planet corrupted again. Sure, if we look carefully into it, the Lightbound would still be fanatics, but they'd look a lot less villainous this way, right? (it's not like us, Azeroth heroes, have never tried to "convince" others by force just because they didn't do things our way before...)

Whether our Naaru will be doing something like this is to be seen. So far, A'dal group have been acting much more reasonable than Xe'ra or those AU Naaru. However, was it the result of them still having to contest with the Void & the Legion, or were they simply less zealous in their course? Would our Naaru change for the worse if we defeat the powers of the Void, or would they remain the voice of reason for the force of Light against the more extreme Prime Naarus? That is to be seen, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get some of the Light as an enemy in the future. Depends on how you look at it, even A'dal could have had a rather negative implication in "Illidan" where he refused to help Maiev to defeat Illidan even when the later were supposedly dominating Outland and enslaving some of its inhabitants, just because Illidan was fighting against the Legion and thus, they could make use of him to preserve their own force. That's pragmatic, but hardly something as benevolent as we could expect from a force of pure good they appeared to be until recently.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2018-05-10 at 02:46 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    No but two wrongs can prevent a 3rd wrong
    Which would ultimately be a "right". Nice try though.

Strangely, I really like everything happening on Dreanor.

She was such an awesome character. I wish she would have come back with us. She made her choices like everyone else though. She has blood on her hands and Grommash has blood on his hands. Pft, you know how much blood the adventurer has on their hands? I can only imagine. I still have Yrel's tail side. :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Two wrongs dont make a right you know.
    Well, two negatives do make a positive when it comes to multiplication.

Good.

Hope she teams up with Jayna and nuke the shit out of Orgrimmar.

Where is this? The maghar questline?

And can AU anything please go fuck off out of my game.

This honestly seems like a perfectly logical outcome. Nothing to say it wouldn't have happened on Outlands, had someone stepped in and saved the race from annihilation there, either.
    WoD proved that those Orcs were going to be evil no matter what (not that I thought that was a good development for the story) and a bunch of people from another universe come in, smack them around a little, and then leave everyone to their own devices like they weren't the reason it was screwed up in the first place.
    Then a group of previously innocent people that were being slaughtered by the orcs for no reason went genocidal on them. Not the right thing to do... but not exactly shocking, either.
    And how is it different from the mentality of "red equals dead" with the MU faction conflict, anyways? There's plenty of players who believe anyone of the opposite faction should be killed on sight, and that seems to be the theme of the new expac... Doesn't matter if you kill them in the name of the Light, the Alliance, or whatever, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    Where is this? The maghar questline?

And can AU anything please go fuck off out of my game.
    Its not your game
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    That scenario is kinda cool. Remember Yrel told Khadgar they will help him if he would need it. Wonder will she still help us or not.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    That scenario is kinda cool. Remember Yrel told Khadgar they will help him if he would need it. Wonder will she still help us or not.
    That was 50 years ago. Now she's brainwashed by the holy light naaru vacuum antivoid machine.

Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    IT shows that our draenei have capacity for evil shit. Nonetheless, relegious fansticism makes sense and I would love to see more of it in the Lore
    Those are not Alliance draenei. Those are not Velen's Azeroth Alliance draenei. They're AU Draenor draenei who were never officially Alliance, just like the Mag'har were never officially Horde. They helped the Horde and the Alliance on Draenor, respectively, but were never a part of them. This is why the Horde is only now recruiting the Mag'har. Chances are that the Alliance will possibly fight these draenei too; we don't know anything yet.

This is why Blizzard is trying to make factions morally grey in the wrong places. On top of this, it doesn't make sense that Grom - out of all the AU people - has a say in this. Durotan would've made far more sense, but they decided to kill him off. Now you have an ex-tyrant Grom who supposedly turned belevolent fighting an ex-benevolent Y'rel who turned tyrant.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-05-10 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Those are not Alliance draenei. Those are not Velen's Azeroth Alliance draenei. They're AU Draenor draenei who were never officially Alliance, just like the Mag'har were never officially Horde. They helped the Horde and the Alliance on Draenor, respectively, but were never a part of them. This is why the Horde is only now recruiting the Mag'har. Chances are that the Alliance will possibly fight these draenei too; we don't know anything yet.

This is why Blizzard is trying to make factions morally grey in the wrong places. On top of this, it doesn't make sense that Grom - out of all the AU people - has a say in this. Durotan would've made far more sense, but they decided to kill him off. Now you have an ex-tyrant Grom who supposedly turned belevolent fighting an ex-benevolent Y'rel who turned tyrant.
    I agree that they fucked up with regards to Grom and that WoD ending cinematic is the worst thing to ever happen in wow lore. How is he suddenly a hero are WoD? Anyway, they are the same just alternate versions. They are what our Draenei would have become if exposed to the same fate. Loosing Velen, peace with the Orcs, events of Wod, etc.
    We humans have to stick together

Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    I agree that they fucked up with regards to Grom and that WoD ending cinematic is the worst thing to ever happen in wow lore. How is he suddenly a hero are WoD? Anyway, they are the same just alternate versions. They are what our Draenei would have become if exposed to the same fate. Loosing Velen, peace with the Orcs, events of Wod, etc.
    Yeah, they're the same people from an alternate universe, but they're not Alliance.

Maybe the Lightforged will recruit Y'rel and her followers? We'll have to see. Maybe Turalyon will lead the Alliance in fighting against the Light-based baddies and Y'rel joins the Lightforged.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Yeah, they're the same people from an alternate universe, but they're not Alliance.

Maybe the Lightforged will recruit Y'rel and her followers? We'll have to see. Maybe Turalyon will lead the Alliance in fighting against the Light-based baddies and Y'rel joins the Lightforged.
    As if I needed another reason to hate the Lightforged... ugh.

Can WoD just stop shitting things up?

Yrel has something common with Sylvanas, they are both really sexy so they can keep her alive for as much as they like no matter how ''crazy'' she is

A few thoughts I had on this.

1) I am excited that Blizzard is embracing the fanatical side of the Light. Too much of anything is bad, and I feel that it is time to see more of how the Light can be bad since we are going to hopefully be seeing how the void can be good.
    2) I thought it was odd that everyone in Draenor ended all happy in WoD, so I am happy to see that it really wasn't, and that the Draenei, justifiably so, are doing this.
    3) It's a funny case of Blizzard can do no right by the players. Everyone complained about the happy friendly end of WoD, now they complain about it not actually ending happy, but turning into a total shit show.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    As if I needed another reason to hate the Lightforged... ugh.

Can WoD just stop shitting things up?
    I've always wanted to see the Scarlet Crusade integrate into the Alliance; a more fanatical approach would give it much needed variety, but within reason and some lore behind it.

WoD itself wouldn't have been bad if the wrap-ups of the stories they created weren't as trash as they were and are(ie Grom ends up being a hero, the Burning Legion "transcends" all realities", we lose contact with the Frostwolves/draenei of AU).