Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    'They understand', that's funny.

Btw he wants us to look at the upvotes he received on the general forum.

/sclap
    how is the truth funny?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rukario View Post
    Not related to the current discussion but i "like" how common mobs in dungeons are throwing around spells that are 10 times cooler than anything players have access to...makes me feel great.
    almost like...thats why we need 5 ppl to kill them
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

The official word on mind control is it's a type of mental sorcery that requires constant focus on the controller's part. Nerzul was capible of controlling all undead at the height of his power but it left him vulnurable. That's why he needed Arthas to protect him & add his strength to his own. But Illidan's attack weakened him & broke the mind control on many scourge.

Forsaken have free will, but as is portrayed & what people are usually confused about is how they act immediately after being raised looks like mind control: This was elaborated on in that immediately after being raised, you have little to no memory of your previous life, and those memories return over time, resulting in a loyal forsaken soldier immediately after being raised.

The Lightbound, we need more information. X'era and her followers seem to have no problem converting people against their will for the sake of power, not unlike the Legion in its early days. So far it seems exactly like Fel, in that if someone corrupted wants to rebel, they can. Just like the Illidari. This is important in describing the difference between the Lightbound & the Lightforged. The Naaru also destroyed Talador's topography and blamed it on the orcs. The thing to remember now is that Lightforged & Lightbound are very different & the Lightbound are the bad guys; namely in that they see nature as inherently susceptible to corruption & would never ally themselves with Wratheon or the Night Elves, so they're not going to join the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I love people like the guy you quoted.

"GCD CHANGES ARE SO STUPID WHY DID THEY DO IT EVERYONE HATES THEM!"

then when they revert that change

"WOW BLIZZ IS SO OUT OF TOUCH WITH THEIR PLAYERBASE WOW OMG"
    yea i mean it snot even something thats DEBATABLE. we know they all play the game. For years ppl wanted to know Metzan's main so they could 'prove" that he was purposefully buffing one class just so he could be better? apparently.

Like i havent seen an interview with a wow dev for awhile but like...the overwatch devs play heroes BEFORE they even have any graphics, they do it for months they play EVERY version of the hero then they play it on the ptr and of course most of them play it on live.

Like the WoW devs have literally in interviews gone " i remember when we were first trying this dungeon per alpha and..."

What the argument has been about is the WoW devs talking about changes to the base aspect of the game to help the long term of the game. They felt that it reduced the aspect of the choices you make to be able to do everything impactful at the same time. so they nerfed some things so the game would require more skill. AFTER they tried that for awhile they decided that SOME things Shouldnt have that restriction. but the main reason for the change is still there.

Its a nerf. everyone doesnt like a nerf. but many nerfs are good for the game. Its Awkward for me to be able to get used to this change and i like being able to hit barrage a millesecand after i hit disengage or being able to hit exhiliration in the same second as aspect of the turtle. But its not THAT much of a change and i'll get used to it.

A nerf ALWAYS feels bad. i like timewalking and they retuned that , and now even ppl with heroic antorius gear arent able to kill bosses that quickly in timewalking. BUT them making it so that timewalking dungones requires you to pay attention and do as much dmg as you can and there be some risk is GOOD FOR THE GAME. it would be bad if for the next 3 months any timewalking weeks were a facerolling zergfest. So while we got NERFED and i dont necessarily LIKE getting nerfed that i have the common sense to realize when its good for the game.

bottom line is Just because the devs dont think that the reasons players might not like something is a reason to revert something(because 'the players' includes them after all) doesnt mean they dont understand.

like its...basic human interaction. I want a spaceship. spaceship makers understand i want one, and want me to be happy. but they dont think its a good idea for me to have a spaceship. ergo they dont give me a spaceship. it doesnt mean they hate me, it doesnt mean they dont understand. they are just the ppl who have the space ships and disagree that i need a spaceship

thats just how life is. Ppl just want to be mad and play the victim.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

The GCD change is probably going to be reverted anyway. It may not happen next week, it may not happen until a week before the expansion launches, or it might even happen after 3 weeks from the day BFA launches. But blizz exposed themselves with their own response, and this social experiment will end in time. Blizz did something similar throughout Legion alpha/beta regarding sub rogues. For all of alpha/beta, shadow dance used the regular action bar and not the stealth one and many rogues posted about how this was a bad change and made sub's layout very clunky. Blizz kept defending it over and over again until 3 weeks before legion launched and dance was put back on the stealth bar.

5+ Year Old Account
    still nothing new on the alliance war campaign?
    is not looking good for the alliance for now...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpellCleave View Post
    So I've been enjoying the Beta this week. I've gotta say it's beautiful visually, and the quest experience is designed very well. BFA is shaping up to be a great experience.
    I wouldn't know i cant play unless i set details to 0. DC

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    The fact that everything horde comes out first supports the theory that horde stuff is worked on first, and in an expansion that is faction based doesn't look good for alliance players.
    Why does it matter what comes first when it will all be playable at launch? There is a 0% chance that something as integral as the war campaign won't be finished at launch.

inb4 Cata

5+ Year Old Account
    Targeted Testing.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    how is the truth funny?

- - - Updated - - -

almost like...thats why we need 5 ppl to kill them
    Key word being common...

"Would you rather have Alliance Warfront/Campaign or a raid tier?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bluspacecow View Post
    First try the race / appearance changed at the character select screen. If you have a faction change button up use that as well. Login then logout and use the services to switch back to what you were. Recharges every few hours or so.

Then once you've logged in Hearthstone out.

Also try setting your draw distance , enviroment detail and ground clutter to 1 as well as graphics quality to 1 before logging into a toon. Then gradually turn em up.
    So can I not quest or go to Tirigarde sound at all right now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    no?

they implimented and tested it and decided to roll it back.

can you not understand how 'making some things Not changed" is completely different than "making all things Not Changed"?
    You're the last person who holds an opinion that I'm going to actually consider, considering you white knighted the GCD changes during the entirety of people defending against the classes that were affected by it the worst. Go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I love people like the guy you quoted.

"GCD CHANGES ARE SO STUPID WHY DID THEY DO IT EVERYONE HATES THEM!"

then when they revert that change

"WOW BLIZZ IS SO OUT OF TOUCH WITH THEIR PLAYERBASE WOW OMG"
    What the fuck are you talking about?

The entire point of me saying they're out of touch with their community is the fact that they're saying racials being on a GCD feels like shit while continuing to ignore the fact that class cooldowns being on the GCD feel like shit, while openly "accepting" feedback on those classes, while also ignoring said feedback and being three months away from release.

But yeah, keep ironically loving me while assuming I don't know what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-05-11 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully tomorrow I can play again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    So can I not quest or go to Tirigarde sound at all right now?
    There was a new EXE build. Check wowtrack.com to see if what you have installed is what is current.

Also according to -

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20764076303

It seems to be particular parts of Tirigarde sound. I was questing areas at the top north east of that zone , Drustvar and Stormsong Valley seemed to be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a new EXE build. Check wowtrack.com to see if what you have installed is what is current.

Also according to -

It seems to be particular parts of Tirigarde sound. I was questing areas at the top north east of that zone , Drustvar and Stormsong Valley seemed to be fine.
    Boarulus is fine. Most of Zandalar seems fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Boarulus is fine. Most of Zandalar seems fine too.
    According to -

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...ge=24#post-461

There's another EXE build coming out to fix the disconnects.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    The fact that everything horde comes out first supports the theory that horde stuff is worked on first, and in an expansion that is faction based doesn't look good for alliance players.
    they admitted to two different teams one for each faction
    alliance got the short bus

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I've got to say, it's impressive how their reasoning about the GCD falls apart when they take on-use trinkets and racial abilities and put them back off the GCD, two categories of abilities that were so very often just macro'd on top of other cooldowns. Yet they are still keeping something like HotP on the GCD.
    It's simple.

They first do things and then they rationalize what they did. The doing and the rationalization are two different processes (and are likely done by different people).

What this means is that most of what they say is BS, to put it bluntly. There is no point arguing with what they say. You can only get through by putting out your own coherent vision which - if you get lucky - one of those who actually does things and not rationalizes what's been done will read and become convinced.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    they admitted to two different teams one for each faction
    alliance got the short bus
    False. Only two different members are working for each faction whom are both on the same team. It's just for some of the faction specific content. Possibly war campaigns. The majority of questing content and zone design are not done by these two people.

You mentioned faction-specific content and how BfA has the most faction-specific content of any expansion. How tricky is it to ensure players on both sides have a positive experience and one that's equally enjoyable?

We have two members of our design team with a responsibility for the storyline for their particular faction. They sit with each other and communicate with each other on a daily basis.
    https://www.pcgamesn.com/world-of-wa...-azeroth-races

Also according to -

Lower SE section, i.e vigil hill area or near bridgeport, my toon has been stuck there, got in ONCE after change of graphics, then d/c'd lol. If they push a new build tomorrow AGAIN, just to fix this, that'll be sooo nice of them!!!! <3 happy testing~~