Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

TV shows you can't stand?

As in you don't like

Mine

EastEnders and Hollyoaks(used to like both , gone off both of them , boring now)

Steven Universe, Star VS, everything on the VICE channel, Nu-Doctor Who post season 7.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any and all superhero tv show/ movie ever made.

Soaps, all of them.

Shows that come across as ADHD AF.

I never cared much for Friends, Big Bang Theory and any MacFarlane show. Different humor from all of these shows but none of them strike me.

Quote Originally Posted by reecejackox View Post
    As in you don't like

Mine

EastEnders and Hollyoaks(used to like both , gone off both of them , boring now)
    pretty much any "reality" show

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Big Bang theory, using a laughing track for every shit gag gets old so fast. I genuinely can't believe people like that show. Oh and Rick and Morty. Fuck Rick and Morty. And family guy. Basically shows that are grossly overrated and overhyped and boast fans so fanatical you can never say you don't like the show without triggering them.
    big bang theory is basically for modern trendy nerd/gamer dudebros who think its incredibly smart/clever comedy, when its really just as stupid and vapid as any other sitcom. Not to even mention how offensively stereotypical is it in its portrayal and males, geeks, etc, and also incredibly sexist at times.
    Last edited by NihilSustinet; 2018-05-11 at 09:27 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    parker plays on DXD. usually comes on after Phineas and Ferb, when it does I can't possibly change the channel fast enough.

There's a lot of them, but I don't watch the ones I suspect I'll dislike.

I find game shows to be extremely boring, and most 'reality' TV shows are just as bad, if not worse.

Every now and then I find an especially cringeworthy or otherwise excessively irritating standard TV series, but they are pretty rare.

I don't get riled up about them, at any rate. If something is 'bad', I just don't watch it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hinaki View Post
    game of thrones
    Did you log into an old alternate account just to post this without it being connected to your main? Be honest, here... With only 3 posts over 4 years (nearly 5), there's something really special about this post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Soaps, all of them.
    Forgot about them, and I was happier when I had. Yeah, please place these alongside the other two types of shows I dislike. I've never technically watched a soap, but this is a case where you really don't need to experience one to know that you'll hate it with every fiber of your being.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Did you log into an old alternate account just to post this without it being connected to your main? Be honest, here... With only 3 posts over 4 years (nearly 5), there's something really special about this post.
    Dont mind them. anyone posting game of thrones, or any and all marvel/superhero IPs is just being an edgelord troll.

Family Guy, easily the stupidest shit ever made (no I'm not trolling either).

"Did you log into an old alternate account just to post this without it being connected to your main? Be honest, here... With only 3 posts over 4 years (nearly 5), there's something really special about this post."

No, I'm a noob that usually just reads posts but I had to post my disdain for this awful show. The plots are so simple and the effects quite cheap.

I'm so noob I don't even know how to quote you

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    Dont mind them. anyone posting game of thrones, or any and all marvel/superhero IPs is just being an edgelord troll.
    Well it's okay to have personal tastes and dislike stuff. I haven't gotten into Game of Thrones but know that it's genuinely excellent and highly critically rated for good reason, and I know all Marvel IPs (except for Iron Fist for some reason) are outstanding on Netflix, but some people just dislike stuff. There are people that just really, really hate superhero style stories, for instance. (though even in those cases, I find it hard to see them hating the aforementioned Marvel series on principle, since they are quite different.)

But yeah... I mean, as for the post you're quoting I really am curious. Because to wake up a 4 year old account to just to post in a thread like this, they must really feel something special about Game of Thrones... I want to know the context!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hinaki View Post
    "Did you log into an old alternate account just to post this without it being connected to your main? Be honest, here... With only 3 posts over 4 years (nearly 5), there's something really special about this post."

No, I'm a noob that usually just reads posts but I had to post my disdain for this awful show. The plots are so simple and the effects quite cheap.

I'm so noob I don't even know how to quote you
    Well, uh. Okay then. The fact you are trying to convince me that you 'are so noob that you don't know how to quote' when the button is readily available... I don't fully buy that, but it does give me the context I was hoping for more or less. Thanks!

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All the shit on TV yet Ash vs Evil Dead and The Expanse get canned.

Unreal.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Big Bang theory or any modern “sitcom” with a laugh track.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    All the shit on TV yet Ash vs Evil Dead and The Expanse get canned.

Unreal.
    Considering the reason given for The Expanse was some nonsense about science fiction genre viewers preferring to stream content and their deal with the show creators being specific to linear-live tv showing (seriously don't even fully get the crap they gave as an excuse). Coupled with the creators stating they'll be shopping for another network; I feel like it's only a matter of time before Netflix scoops it up.

Either way though; could not possibly agree more. I read about canceled shows like this, remember that Jersey Shore is making a comeback; and die a little inside.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Well it's okay to have personal tastes and dislike stuff. I haven't gotten into Game of Thrones but know that it's genuinely excellent and highly critically rated for good reason, and I know all Marvel IPs (except for Iron Fist for some reason) are outstanding on Netflix, but some people just dislike stuff. There are people that just really, really hate superhero style stories, for instance. (though even in those cases, I find it hard to see them hating the aforementioned Marvel series on principle, since they are quite different.)

But yeah... I mean, as for the post you're quoting I really am curious. Because to wake up a 4 year old account to just to post in a thread like this, they must really feel something special about Game of Thrones... I want to know the context!

- - - Updated - - -

Well, uh. Okay then. The fact you are trying to convince me that you 'are so noob that you don't know how to quote' when the button is readily available... I don't fully buy that, but it does give me the context I was hoping for more or less. Thanks!
    i didnt mean to imply that its impossible to not like GoT, just that anyone going out of their way to hate on stuff that is pretty much universally lauded is just trying to troll.

reality TV shows. the kind where they get together a bunch of people with first world problems and then follow them around while generating extra drama. I avoid them as much as possible and they are still everywhere :/

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    i didnt mean to imply that its impossible to not like GoT, just that anyone going out of their way to hate on stuff that is pretty much universally lauded is just trying to troll.
    You're frequently correct, I mean assuming they just say "they don't like it" or give bogus reasons for it to bait people. The person in question just posted that they don't like it... we don't know why. They might dislike it because people won't shut up about it around them or something, and as such be biased towards it and never even give it a chance to begin with. I've seen it happen a lot, actually, and it's a shame when it does.

Maybe I'm over analyzing this, though.