Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I don't understand how BfA looks "WoD-ish".
    It has all the content types Legion has with Warfronts, War Mode and Island Expeditions added. If anything, there is even more casual content.
    WoD was junk because there was literally nothing to do besides raiding after the first few weeks. This is not going to happen in BfA.
    and they all look like the kind of thing that's relevant for about two months and then is never touched again. Warfronts especially. Islands have potential if they add to and increase the rewards throughout the expansion, or add a M+ version.

warmode... eh. I doubt that will actually have the impact on the game people think it will atm (either way. no negative or positive effect)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by plaits View Post
    Warfronts especially.
    lol, ye.

the feature that unlocks your weekly world boss will totally be left alone and forgotten after some time.

Formerly known as Arafal

carrot is what its always been, gear. the problem in the past wasnt that there was no reward, there was

the problem was there was no consolation prize other than a thing that had a cap on it. thats why artifacts work, is even if you do a dungeon or heroic or whatever and get gear out quests done you still get stronger because you got AP.

if all content has a(zerite) power then there is a reason to do it. thats why you have ppl helping guildings and forming groups even if they got theri bis legendaries a year ago

- - - Updated - - -

and they all look like the kind of thing that's relevant for about two months and then is never touched again. Warfronts especially. Islands have potential if they add to and increase the rewards throughout the expansion, or add a M+ version.

warmode... eh. I doubt that will actually have the impact on the game people think it will atm (either way. no negative or positive effect)
    not sure why you'd think that. ppl are doing old world bossse, old non argus wqs, and broken shore content and bosses still. emerald nightmare normal raids ares still common
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    For a chance at legendaries.
    And because people are so overgeared, you can bum-rush the place in less than 30 minutes, some druids and priests still want their hidden skins, lots of people still collect the essences on their twinks, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    lol, ye.

the feature that unlocks your weekly world boss will totally be left alone and forgotten after some time.
    it's not the only source of world bosses, and you only have the world boss up while it's under your control (every other week or so)
    also unless the world boss is updated, they have a pretty limited shelf life too. it's not like legion where there was still incentive to do a world boss even if it had nothing on its loot table for you because there was a chance it could drop a legendary. that's no longer a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post

not sure why you'd think that. ppl are doing old world bossse, old non argus wqs, and broken shore content and bosses still. emerald nightmare normal raids ares still common
    "You have to do this to unlock a world boss" doesn't make it good content that most people actually want to do for fun or because it's worth doing a lot. The feedback on the gameplay of warfronts is that they're underwhelming.

Also, alts aren't content. People are mostly still running that stuff because of alts. Mains finished all that stuff a year ago. If the best argument Blizz has is "there's heaps to do! on alts" well.. that's a weak argument.
    Last edited by plaits; 2018-05-12 at 08:57 AM.

I am not saying it's doom and gloom. A Valor system along a Conquest system, both with weekly caps and tied to decent gear (Imo equal or better than Normal raid gear) which are then tied to multiple activities with a weekly bonus for the first clear (so the best way to get your valor cap is to do a mix of things instead of just spam one) that also gives access to decent Azerite gear (so you have a reason to engage with the AP grind) is something that can be implemented very late in the beta. My favourite gearing solution would still be utilizing professions but that is improbable.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm concerend as well, since they've shown precious little for people that can do a bit of extrapolation. I just felt like pointing out some more reasons why people run nightmare, because I just did it 8h ago .

Yeah that's a problem but many people pretended to hate the legendary farm. Now they've got what they wanted, lego farm is no more.
    Exactly, many people complained about it so much but in essence, it kept the playerbase playing so much more than usual because of this hope for legendaries.
    What I liked about it the most is that it kept old raids a thing too (I mean when Antorus is current but people still go for EN and Nighthold regardless).
    I hate it when relatively new content becomes obsolete and ditched so fast, it should take an expansion to ditch the place, not a patch or two...

Alts ARE content in Legion because of all the things that are unique to classes. The fact that you can collect hidden skins, mage tower challenges, class mounts all make it hard to see all content without having multiple alts. For BfA, an alt for the other faction will pretty much be needed to see all content but one alt is not the same with eleven.
    Well... we're talking about BfA, not Legion. Regardless I still believe alts aren't content even in Legion, and look what happened when they released 7.2 with the "this is the biggest content patch EVER!" PR spin and how it went down like a lead balloon. Because alts aren't content, they're busywork. "There's loads to do ... just finish everything on one character then log into another, and another, and another" is all kinds of NOPE. If there isn't enough to do on one character, then there isn't enough to do.

I mean I have BiS legendaries for most specs in the game and it's still very exciting to get a new legendary, even if I never use it. The mind is a strange thing Yes the reward system in Legion was very annoying early on but as it is now, it's pretty damn great.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I know so many people whose main goal in Legion was to get Mage Tower 36/36 so the lot of us will just agree to disagree with you.
    So many? I think that's a niche of a niche. An edge case. Most people do not have a max level of every class, let alone one of every class good enough to get that far.

Having stuff to do in the game doesn't mean anything, at least not for my argument (which is about having new, interesting, compelling content). You could level over and over again ad infinitum, but to what end? There will always be a core of players who will just be happy to keep doing the same thing over and over again, and that's why WoW isn't going to die for years and years. That doesn't mean it's good quality. The art in BfA is outstanding - the art team have outdone themselves. That includes the way the raids and dungeons look, I'm not so sure about boss design yet, I think it takes time to say for sure. For dungeons there's no real way of saying until people are running M+ over and over. The quests for leveling are good. It's not all bad. But class design, lore, itemisation and endgame other than raids/dungeons in BfA all appear very subpar for the WoW team.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lots of people like leveling countless alts, many of them will be affected by warmode, it will definitely spice up leveling.
    Also, organized pvp raids could be a great way to farm conquest points for good rewards.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I know so many people whose main goal in Legion was to get Mage Tower 36/36 so the lot of us will just agree to disagree with you.
    I totally forgot about those... Are they being removed in pre patch or launch? I don't want to resub until pre patch...
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    I totally forgot about those... Are they being removed in pre patch or launch? I don't want to resub until pre patch...
    I doubt you would want to do them after the patch drops anyway. Every class will be missing many of their tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    Will be gone with pre-patch alongside the rest (cutting edge/first aid/brawler maybe as well?)
    Crimea is Ukraine!

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I doubt you would want to do them after the patch drops anyway. Every class will be missing many of their tools.
    Screw it then. I have them on two main characters anyway, I'm gonna ignore my ocd this time.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

after listening to a 3rd vulpera's voiceover i dont understand whats suppose to be 'joke' about them? is it cus they are based on 'cute' animals? they sound like good spirited traders and travelers to me. i enjoy their seemingly practical references to violence, as if killing is something that must be done to survive, rather than a hobby like certain races..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    There should never be priortize alt content over main content and take ressource from that, thats terrible design
    well its a good thing that isnt necessarily the 'design"

you cant go assuming why people are doing things. the point is stuff is being done. it doesnt matter to anyone else if someone is doing content because its their 1st character and they got legeion a month ago, or if its their 12th.

if there is reason to play the game then there is reason to play the game. the last few expansions have consantly 'upgraded' the designs of the past. Thunderisle was a test for barrens, which was a test for timeless isle which was a test for WoD and tanaan which was a test for World quests which are being implimented again because they are a rousing success.

the only reason to DO content is to earn cosmetics or power your character. thats something you will be able to get from warfronts, islands, dungeons and raids if anything there will be more to do now
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

15+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap, disc seems to be almost unkillable in outdoor pvp. Orison+Strength of Soul turn PWS into a spammable instant heal that heals for about 12% maxhp and shields for 8%, while providing a 20% physical damage reduction for a while. You need the right combo of 3 classes to kill it. I've got into 3v1s where they were literally unable to bring me under 50%. No way this isn't gonna be nerfed.

WQ unlock issue: I faction changed back and forth, managed to complete 3rd foothold, still not unlocked anything. /epic facepalm
    Last edited by Zka; 2018-05-12 at 12:31 PM.

WQ unlock issue: I faction changed back and forth, managed to complete 3rd foothold, still not unlocked anything. /epic facepalm
    You need to do the Q after you unlock them all. Its called Uniting Kul Tiras on Alliance side.

Crimea is Ukraine!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    You need to do the Q after you unlock them all. Its called Uniting Kul Tiras on Alliance side.
    I've never seen this quest pop up anywhere yet. I have Champion: Kelsey Steelspark quest in war campaign, hopefully that will advance me in this chain...
    edit: I think that quest is one of the followers that should have been picked up in one of the footholds but he's no longer there... I already have the guy in my ranks... Maybe I'll retry the faction change trick. This is incredibly bugged.
    Last edited by Zka; 2018-05-12 at 12:43 PM.

I've never seen this quest pop up anywhere yet. I have Champion: Kelsey Steelspark quest in war campaign, hopefully that will advance me in this chain...
    edit: I think that quest is one of the followers that should have been picked up in one of the footholds but he's no longer there... I already have the guy in my ranks... Maybe I'll retry the faction change trick. This is icredibly bugged.
    Its given by Halford after you unlock the 3 bases on enemy continent and hit 120. If you dont have it level a new char, I had one that had it bugged and couldnt do it.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Its given by Halford after you unlock the 3 bases on enemy continent and hit 120. If you dont have it level a new char, I had one that had it bugged and couldnt do it.
    Thanks but I don't have 20 hours to waste on re-leveling just to run into the same bug again