Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Oh boy, that's going to be jolly. Guess who are winning the elections in Irak ?

What a massive shock - a country where the 99% is the most violent religion on the planet, (the punishment for leaving said religion being death) doesn't immediately drop its barbarism after being freed from a tyrant.

Next you'll tell me the PM isn't going to be a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    What a massive shock - a country where the 99% is the most violent religion on the planet, (the punishment for leaving said religion being death) doesn't immediately drop its barbarism after being freed from a tyrant.

Or maybe you could read the article and find out why people didn't show up at the polls and are frustrated?

Muqtada al-Sar coalition, which for the record is remarkably multi-confesional for Iraq, is especially a Iran-backed coalition...

Deleted
    highly intelligent, cautious and learns from his mistakes.

A disaster for the Americans. Get rid of Saddam and replace him with a black turbaned virulently anti american shia cleric a decade later.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Muqtada al-Sar coalition, which for the record is remarkably multi-confesional for Iraq, is especially a Iran-backed coalition...
    Muqtada doesnt actually like Iran (since they let down the previous 2 generations) he just had to be pragmatic and turn to them when the US occupation was applying pressure the Mehdi army needed weapons and expertise.

They are chanting 'Iran out' in Baghdad at the moment celebrating.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    highly intelligent, cautious and learns from his mistakes.

A disaster for the Americans. Get rid of Saddam and replace him with a black turbaned virulently anti american shia cleric a decade later.
    This is what victory looks like.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

You mean Iraqis might not LIKE the people that committed genocide against them? What a fucking shock!
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

A democratic election in that part of the world is a thing to be celebrated.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    This is what victory looks like.
    Only missing the "Mission accomplished" banner of Bush.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Sadr was considered once a great foe, but he is actually another stabilizing figure capable of filling the void that Hussein left. Hussein kept Iran and Saudi Arabia in check so when the US went Merica in Iraq it really destabilized the region.

A big reason why Iraq was able to finally drive out ISIS was because of Sadr and his coalition. The Iraqi military proved to be unorganized and not very willing to fight tactically or strategically.

Deleted
    I don't mind. All they are there for is giving US reasons to strike elsewhere.

Talk about getting on a soapbox before reading the article because muh evil muslims.

The West should have seen this coming. The Iraquis have little reason to trust pro-American positions, and no reason to trust the leadership that has failed them against ISIS.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Religious leaders should NEVER run a country.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Religious leaders should NEVER run a country.
    Yet you vote Republican.

I R O N Y
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Yet you vote Republican.

I R O N Y
    I voted for a democrat the previous time. And last i checked trump wasnt a religious leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I voted for a democrat the previous time. And last i checked trump wasnt a religious leader.
    you say that when it says PENCE on the ticket as well.

Bummer. Hopefully he's content to stay in his box. Only time will tell though. Things in the ME are very fluid at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is this Irak? That a new country? Do they have oil? When are we invading?

...or is misspelling such a simple four-letter name really that easy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I don't really understand why we should care.

Let's be honest here, Iran is one of the most stable countries in that part of the world. If Iraq were suddenly allied with them it's only going to add to regional stability. The biggest issue with terrorist groups in that area has always come from the outside, groups trying to undermine local governments. Terrorist groups don't even bother with Iran, and if Iran had an interest in stabilizing Iraq if Isis made a play again, then that effectively removes the US and EU from having to be there.
    Which is pretty much what we want.

All that's really required is a President that isn't going to be fucking tool bag diplomatically *hint hint 20 election*.

and? as long as he offers stability and brings it to the country then good on him. I'm not going to pretend to give much of a shit about that area otherwise.