7+ Year Old Account
    What's with the login screen hype? Like, how many time people spend there? 2 seconds?

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They can't top this login screen tho.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post
    What's with the login screen hype? Like, how many time people spend there? 2 seconds?
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    Why is everyone so obsessed with login screen? you see it like 2 seconds everytime you login.
    You guys are post twins.

Also, because they are iconic, basically.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    You guys are post twins.

Also, because they are iconic, basically.
    Didn't see the post above me. Edited mine in like 10sec , how did you quote me lmao
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't see the post above me. Edited mine in like 10sec , how did you quote me lmao
    I am speedy. I guess I clicked it just after you posted it!
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can't top this login screen tho.
    I appreciate the meme, but be careful. People are getting in trouble for posting that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Professional WoW bitcher.
    Not just WoW; that arrogant, miserable fuck banned me from his Twitch without letting me explain when I suggested he play Prey without the music.

This was both because it's better to be able to hear potential threats, and because there was a God-awful humming noise in the first area that I didn't have when I played it without the music.

But no, straight to the banhammer for Tubby Lumpkins.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Deleted
    My dream is still...

Seeing an addon where the go to tank is wearing a shield...
    Seeing an addon where wl isn´t top tier...

Woop. Got into beta! =]

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I appreciate the meme, but be careful. People are getting in trouble for posting that anymore.
    Eh, it was actually a sensible use. Might be the first ever.

Nice summary of recent changes to one of the specs:

#completeoverhaul

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I mean, he might have but the community always does most of the overhyping.
    I hope they activate the post bfl/warfront changes. (e.g. updated arathi, updated lordaeron)
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    This bears to be repeated. The zones are all massive and all have tons of quests.
    Massive might be an overstatement. Maybe 10-20% bigger than Legion zones, but the areas are all so well thought out. Its like 100-200 quests a zone. Freaking crazy. Also take this in. Ive done 400 quests and im only 118.

There are a lot of quests in the zones. Im at 400 completed at 118 and only half way done with Tirisgarde and maybe 1/3 with Stormsong. Some expansions had 500 quests in a whole continent, but it looks like theres 800-1200 quests in the continents. Pretty impressive really.
    The usual number is ~700-1000 available to a single character, but after Legion's gambit with reducing the number of quests by something like a third and then reusing half of the quests as world quests the above is good news.

Voljin questline is bugged atm. Finishes with you giving the urn to bwonsamdi. and he going "Oh no"

Massive might be an overstatement. Maybe 10-20% bigger than Legion zones, but the areas are all so well thought out. Its like 100-200 quests a zone. Freaking crazy. Also take this in. Ive done 400 quests and im only 118.
    Actually...

Zone size nonwithstanding (bigger = better, this is welcome), 100-200 quests per zone is nothing impressive because everyone has just 3 zones. If it's 200x3 = 600 leveling quests on your own continent plus maybe another 100-200 on a different continent as part of war campaign, then it's not better than Legion, which was on the low side (yes, for real). That's before world quests, yes, and world quests are on both continents, sure, they just count in different category - compared vs dailies, and yes, they win there.

Sum total, what you see is the effect of them restricting you to 3 zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    But they arent being lazy. They are making more quests. Just because both factions cant completer both continents doesn't mean they didn't do more work.

- - - Updated - - -

Although there will be less prof quests and no class quests this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And the zones all seem to be the size of Suramar
    Suramar is not a big zone, by the way. It's about equal to Dragonblight. If you want big, look at Howling Fjord / Borean Tundra / Jade Forest.

I am not trash talking the new expansion, maybe you just used an unlucky comparison, but Suramar is not exactly a poster-child for big, it's just fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Secondary quests are very important, if you only do the historical quests in the three zones you'll be only lvl 114 more or less.

the 'size" of a zone doesnt really matter. so many vanilla and cataclysm zones have so much empty air. just think about northwest barrens which has like..1 quest to kill some harpies (if you find it) or the plane of Earth place where you have like .... 1 quest chain in the east, 3 in the southeast, 2 in the south, 5 in the southwest 1 questchain in the west with the earthen, 2 quests from the earthen questchain in the northwest and then a fair amount of quests from Therazane in the north.

I'm not sure if Legion is any better, often i think an area is worthless but then i do a class quest on a new character and find out those Mobs are for a quest there .

honestly it sounds like the only real way to quantify it is just a mass of opinions, finding out how many ppl like a zone and how many dont. its not really quantifiable. I mean as people whove been leveling alts can tell you some areas can have the same amount of quests but it can be a boring annoying slog if they are all spread out and the quest is confusing or irritating (in desolace i gave up trying to find "angry thunderlizards" east of the druid sanctum to pacify and didnt see any till i came back the next day. i spent maybe 30 minutes of my life on that one quest total)
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default