Poll: Yanny Or Laurel

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Yanny. Doesn't sound anything like Laurel. So much so that I'm declaring shenanigans.
    See, I hear Laurel VERY clearly. To me it doesn't sound anything like Yanny.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't accept fake, shit baiting "news"

This was just on the news and listening to this over and over all I hear is Yanny. I hear no L or R in what is being said in that youtube clip. I'm 45. Now that video in post 35 where he is playing with the recording. I do hear Laurel after the frequency is turned up. Normal or lower it is Yanny to me.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I defo heard "yammy" for a few mins. Then I started hearing "laurel" in a deep voice after 5 mins of not listening.

WHAT IS THIS WITCHCRAFTS?

Laurel, no doubt about it.

Deleted
    I hear Yelly.

Lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard them discussing it on the radio this morning and when they played the clip it sounded like "Laurel" but when I saw the video on instagram later in the day all I hear is Yanny. Perhaps different frequencies make it sound different?

I heard Yawwy. I refuse to type the other thing that could be typed as.

I actively tried to hear Laurel in there but no matter how much i I forced it I couldnt get anything close to an L.

Laurel. I haven't been diagnosed with any hearing ailments but with how many concerts I have been to it wouldn't surprise me.

Um... are people trolling or is this some type of trick? Its Laurel, not even close to Yanny.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I hear Yelly.

Lol.
    Seriously? Either you are trolling or it says Yanny or Laurel based on your IP or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can hear it either way by thinking of either the word Laurel or Yanny while listening.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Um... are people trolling or is this some type of trick? Its Laurel, not even close to Yanny.
    People's ears hear different frequencies. Turn the frequency up and down and you'll hear both Yanny and Laurel. Once you've heard it both ways you can then choose to hear it whatever way you want.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    That's one of the theories of whats going on I'm 36 and hear Laurel. A friend of mine is 34 and hears Yanny though and that isn't a very big age difference.
    I'm 37 and I hear yanny.

It is an interesting phenomenon.

I honestly have no idea how people are hearing yanny. all I hear is Laurel. with speakers OR earphones. cannot hear yanny at all, even know that its possible to hear, apparently. with dress if I focused, i could see wither white and gold, or blue and black. with this... its just Laurel.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I can hear it either way by thinking of either the word Laurel or Yanny while listening.

- - - Updated - - -

People's ears hear different frequencies. Turn the frequency up and down and you'll hear both Yanny and Laurel. Once you've heard it both ways you can then choose to hear it whatever way you want.
    It was laurel on my headset, then I used my phone and it was Yanny I was reading and focusing on both, always Laurel on my PC and Yanny on the phone.

I have not the slightest idea how anyone could hear yanni. I've listened to all the youtube videos where it's pitched and distorted claiming this way you could hear it the other way but all I hear is laurel.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Yarry.

/10chars
    Same..Jerry

10+ Year Old Account
    The source is "Laurel", the crappy recording is why some people can hear "Yanny".

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I honestly have no idea how people are hearing yanny. all I hear is Laurel. with speakers OR earphones. cannot hear yanny at all, even know that its possible to hear, apparently. with dress if I focused, i could see wither white and gold, or blue and black. with this... its just Laurel.
    Yeah somethings up... maybe its speaker type? Like I said Laurel headset, Yanny phone. Maybe your speakers and earbuds are very similar?

Well, guy above me just explained it then... $350 headset Laurel, smart phone speaker Yanny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    It was laurel on my headset, then I used my phone and it was Yanny I was reading and focusing on both, always Laurel on my PC and Yanny on the phone.
    Yep, like I said - different frequencies make you hear it different ways.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.