Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Actually naaru seem to give more of kyuubey vibe. "Just make fucking wish. Im benevolent being and there are no second bottoms".

I can bet 100$ that at one point naaru will use cattle argument.
    This comes to mind

Xal'atath whispers: Do the naaru speak of the eternal conflict? That the entire history of your world is but a fraction of the time that has passed? Of those that came before the draenei? No? <short chuckle>

Actually naaru seem to give more of kyuubey vibe. "Just make fucking wish. Im benevolent being and there are no second bottoms".

Yeah hah. All in all, naruu are becoming creepier than all that Lovecraft stuff Void has thrown at us so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    That's pretty much the vibe I am getting from Naruu too. "I'lll help you whether you want it or not" kinda deal, and I guess it makes sense now that we know what's happening with Mag'har. I still think that the further we go into this Light & Void stuff the more they'll try to reinforce this idea that what makes us mortals special snowflakes is that we're the middle ground/healthy mix of the two.

I also kinda dig this idea that Naruu take core concepts of Light such as compassion, love and unity and take them to such extremes to basically point of perverting them. Like some creepy, overly loving mom who won't let you pick your own college because she knows what's best for you. Not out of malice or anything like, but just because that's essentially how they are. All this possibly leading to idea that Light needs Void to limit it and vice versa.

But that's all hc speculation so could'be very wrong.
    Yeah. That's the direction it seems to be going. The very philosophy of the Light, the "All are one in the Light", binds it as inherently altruistic and compassionate.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The problem is, this is not creating peace it never will, the universe is not bound to a single path and as such whatever the naaru try to accomplish will ultimately always fail, there will never be a permanent solution, conflict will go on endlessly. There will be no peace, no understanding, it might work for a time, but ultimately it will always break down again.

Most of the time the status quo is preferable to a situation born of blind idealism. It needs to be tempered with a realistic outlook, something the naaru incapable off, due to the very nature. Just like beings of the void they can never bring peace and harmony as much as they strife for it.

For example if the Naaru had not spurned calia to action, sylvanas power could have eroded over time, now every potential dissident has died and only those fiercely loyal to her remain and it gave her ammunition to drag the whole horde into a war with the Alliance on top. All because the naaru play their own little game.
    Beings of the Void don't want peace or harmony. They view it as stagnation. But yes, they understand the truths that the Naaru do not.
    She saw generations live and die in invisible chains, bound to a force that granted them fleeting moments of peace in exchange for absolute obedience.
    The Void knows that the methods of the Naaru are inevitably ineffectual and misguided. But the Void sees what the Light does not. The Naaru don't truly recognize the problems with their plan. Maybe peace could have come about if they didn't pull the Calia nonsense, but it might not have led to the right path. Things might be better if there aren't two arbitrary factions constantly waging war with one another. Maybe the world needs a war to end all wars. Maybe the Forsaken outlook on life has grown so generally perverse that the end result of the meeting going well would still be too half-assed to mean anything in the long run, and humans and Forsaken would still remain largely divided.

Only the Void understands that what the Naaru want is a perverse impossibility without eventually enslaving the entire potential and options of the universe, so that no one could ever take the wrong one or do anything that leads to conflict. The problem here is that the Void loves conflict, so it's not doing its part out of any kindness or goodwill.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2018-05-17 at 04:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Yeah hah. All in all, naruu are becoming creepier than all that Lovecraft stuff Void has thrown at us so far.
    Can't wait for light version of WH40k word bearers.

They always were. Look at what the Old Gods are. Look at their shape. They have brains, blood, flesh, eyes, and hearts. They have mouths.

Naaru have sapience cores.

The Old Gods are less alien than the Naaru. They're more like us.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Yeah. That's the direction it seems to be going. The very philosophy of the Light, the "All are one in the Light", binds it as inherently altruistic and compassionate.

Beings of the Void don't want peace or harmony. They view it as stagnation. But yes, they understand the truths that the Naaru do not.

The Void knows that the methods of the Naaru are inevitably ineffectual and misguided. But the Void sees what the Light does not. The Naaru don't truly recognize the problems with their plan. Maybe peace could have come about if they didn't pull the Calia nonsense, but it might not have led to the right path. Things might be better if there aren't two arbitrary factions constantly waging war with one another. Maybe the world needs a war to end all wars. Maybe the Forsaken outlook on life has grown so generally perverse that the end result of the meeting going well would still be too half-assed to mean anything in the long run, and humans and Forsaken would still remain largely divided.

Only the Void understands that what the Naaru want is a perverse impossibility without eventually enslaving the entire potential and options of the universe, so that no one could ever take the wrong one or do anything that leads to conflict. The problem here is that the Void loves conflict, so it's not doing its part out of any kindness or goodwill.
    In exchange for taking their freedom, the things that define them.

On a little off note the Bible speaks of, how eating the fruit of wisdom lead to the exile of humanity, from eden. Tere hvae been countless interpretations to this, but i tend to gravitate toward the one, which basically says that, before they "ate the fruit of wisdom" the humanity was dumb egnouh to be content, even happy, with their situation. Like:

And in my impression of things the naaru are pretty much making people go like "this is fine"

Or they are going the Brother moon route.

- - - Updated - - -

Now they just need HAL 9000 quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    She killed, what she percieved to be, usurpers and traitors.
    Exactly - what she believed. In reality, she god damn overreacted thus essentially starting this whole war.

Quote Originally Posted by shinros View Post
    Calia was an usurper lol that's the thing. Even Anduin got salty with her.
    He did, but then she explained what was intended (which due to Sylvanas over-reacting and slaughtering everyone, she didn't even have the proper chance) and he accepted that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladier View Post
    Sylvanas killed anyone even close to Calia as soon as she offered the Forsaken who wished to go with her an asylum. They didn't even get to choose. And then she also killed those Forsaken who ran towards her instead of with Calia. The only ones who survived were those who left earlier after being dissapointed in their living relatives. So she killed those who genuinely wanted to see their families but wouldn't leave her rule as well as those who wanted to reunite with their families AND defect. And even Nathanos is shocked at this! Nathanos, Sylvanas' №1 fan!
    They didn't have to choose, they were already suspect element. You don't let people like that roam free on the cusp of an uprising, especially after already suffering one.

Sylvanas usurped Calia's kingdom originally. In fact, she did so after breaking her agreement with Garithos and especially his surviving lordaeronians. It's just that no one is left alive to know about that. But then, if someone in-universe knowing about a character's past sins mattered, you wouldn't get to villify Odyn (whose misdeeds are only seen clearly in the Chronicles) every time you get, would you?
    Not that I see the point in you bringing uo Odyn, but he vilifies himself on his own already. And with Odyn you brought up the reason for why Garithos is irrelevant to the topic of Calia, so congrats, I guess. And Sylvanas usurped Arthas' kingdom because he was the Menethil that was, you know, the monarch. Long after he turned on hiw own people and lost any legitimacy. With Sylvanas and her civil war gaining almost all popular support from the part of Arthas' subjects that could actually think for themselves. Calia on the other hand scurried around like a rat for a decade doing nothing for her subjects or even her supposed claim (with it still being unknown if women can even inherit in Menethil's Lordaeron, she could very well just be ignoring that), completely abandoning her kingdom.

And Calia is the only surviving member of the Menethil line. The line Sylvanas supplanted as the ruler of Lordaeron. So yes, she owes to at least warn her not to try to usurp the kingdom that's since then became hers. That would only strenghten her rule both if Calia agreed or disagreed and was killed. Call Anduin to mediate. But she showed that she's simply insane and thinks that every single Menethil is out there to get her. Good thing that she wasn't there when Arthas died or she would double-murder Terenas for spawning Arthas into existence and then diying before he could fix mistake or something.
    Menethil's line was overthrown by the people of Lordaeron first and foremost. Menethils are owed nothing from Lordaeron and Calia should have been thankful she wasn't gutted on the spot. Especially since a would-be usurper was clearly out to get her. And why would she need to call Blanduin to mediate? Not only does he not belong in Horde's or Forsaken's internal issues, by the time of Calia's death he was obviously biased in her favor. That's kinda the reason why the whole Calia thing puts Alliance in bad light and gives Sylvanas political ammunition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Allow me to explain this by talking down to you like you're a retarded baby.
    You have inordinately high expectations of babies with disabilities if that is how you talk to them.

That being said, my issue lies more with the community at large's reaction to it and their desire to see "zomg what if evil naaru, endgame antagonist!!1" than the actual events in BfS, which is...fine, reflects deities in other sources of fiction, and our understanding of how the events unfold is still incomplete and vague. So yeah.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Exactly - what she believed. In reality, she god damn overreacted thus essentially starting this whole war.

He did, but then she explained what was intended (which due to Sylvanas over-reacting and slaughtering everyone, she didn't even have the proper chance) and he accepted that.
    That event had nothing to do with the war.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Not Kyuubey. They're more likely to be Ori. Not everything is anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    You have inordinately high expectations of babies with disabilities if that is how you talk to them.

That being said, my issue lies more with the community at large's reaction to it and their desire to see "zomg what if evil naaru, endgame antagonist!!1" than the actual events in BfS, which is...fine, reflects deities in other sources of fiction, and our understanding of how the events unfold is still incomplete and vague. So yeah.
    Well, Naaru were always inspired by space angels. You can see hints of Babylon 5 in them. Some people prematurely compared them to Ori as soon as they appeared. There's always a twist to space angels.

Next, we'll probably discover that Locus-Walker is actually a Void Lord.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Actually everything is anime. BFA clearly is harem anime with anduin as main protag.

Deleted

Well, Naaru were always inspired by space angels. You can see hints of Babylon 5 in them. Some people prematurely compared them to Ori as soon as they appeared. There's always a twist to space angels.

Next, we'll probably discover that Locus-Walker is actually a Void Lord.
    This would not surprise me if Locus is actually a void lord or working with one.

Fun thing to think about:

That would indicate existence of "light" worlds.

...but we never seen a single one. Which makes me wonder what happens after world gets fully lightforged. Seems like my theory about naaru using other races of army of light as "fuel" may not be that off.
    I believe in the short story about how Alleria and Turalyon joined the Army of the Light, one of the visions Alleria get from the Void is of lifeless planets, incased in radiant crystal. Going from memory and have no links, I could be totally wrong, can anyone back me on this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korsha View Post
    I believe in the short story about how Alleria and Turalyon joined the Army of the Light, one of the visions Alleria get from the Void is of lifeless planets, incased in radiant crystal. Going from memory and have no links, I could be totally wrong, can anyone back me on this?
    Lead writer has already said the light has done stuff like this.

From the lead writer Alex Afrasiabi

Anduin and Light versus Alleria with Void?

A: Anduin is still a priest, not a paladin. As a priest, he understands both sides in the priest discipline. Void is personified with evil, but it’s way more grey. Locus Walker was not the only one to control the void, and one day Alex hopes we visit the Void to see the horrors of the light. On this side we see the void rising up from planets with Old Gods and tentacles, but what about the other side? Is there a counter to that where planets are encased in crystalline mountains of pink and yellow narru plating and how tyrannical is that to the inhabitants of the void?

This would not surprise me if Locus is actually a void lord or working with one.
    Nyarlathotep likes to show the people wonders and teach them strange new things. He doesn't mind if they destroy themselves with their newfound fascination.

Quote Originally Posted by Korsha View Post
    They aren't lifeless. It's the opposite. They aren't allowed to die.

Lead writer has already said the light has done stuff like this.

From the lead writer Alex Afrasiabi

Anduin and Light versus Alleria with Void?

A: Anduin is still a priest, not a paladin. As a priest, he understands both sides in the priest discipline. Void is personified with evil, but it’s way more grey. Locus Walker was not the only one to control the void, and one day Alex hopes we visit the Void to see the horrors of the light. On this side we see the void rising up from planets with Old Gods and tentacles, but what about the other side? Is there a counter to that where planets are encased in crystalline mountains of pink and yellow narru plating and how tyrannical is that to the inhabitants of the void?
    Ahh, that's where I saw that, thank you

Everyone's a bad guy, EVEN YOU. *points finger*

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Everyone's a bad guy, EVEN YOU. *points finger*
    Oh my spirits!

That finger is evil! Cut it off before the hand is corrupted!

welp, MU Lightbound inc

Void mindrapes you, Light mindcontrols you

have a nice life

- - - Updated - - -

They always were. Look at what the Old Gods are. Look at their shape. They have brains, blood, flesh, eyes, and hearts. They have mouths.

Naaru have sapience cores.

The Old Gods are less alien than the Naaru. They're more like us.
    thats a good point

OGs are basically tumors, but thats still flesh and blood life

Naaru arent .. though Void Lords arent either