Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    They’ll eventually scatter across the Human lands, their culture and people lost to the winds as they realise the true potential of Humans.

A thousand years from now the only Night Elves you’ll see will be halfbreeds.
    Who will in turn look somewhat like high elves, I imagine. Light skin, pointy ears with green/blue hair and gold or blue eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I will proselyte!

What the fuck.

And High Elves(Alleria, Vereesa), and Blood Elves also(Valeera, and soon Liadrin after realising Turalyon potential)!
    You realize that all major High Elves have a human lover right?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Who will in turn look somewhat like high elves, I imagine. Light skin, pointy ears with green/blue hair and gold or blue eyes.
    We did it, High Elf fans!
    Some people really like flavor. Occasionally subsisting on nutrient paste just doesn't feel the same as eating a steak. I get that flavor isn't for everyone, but I doubt removing all cosmetic indicators from the game would be appealing either. Nobody want to log in, queue to fight modestly sized blue checked box boss #7, initiate combat using an attack sequence of abilities 1-7 with a 13 beat repeat coda intermittently, and collect item level 630 slot 7 gear either.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    *Maniacally cackles in zandali*

Echo Isles...

- - - Updated - - -

Holy shit you put it perfectly. I've never seen someone put the Night Elf problem into perspective like this.
    To be fair, the last time humans helped night elves, they got mana bombed for it /looks at Theramore.... I’d be reluctant too after that. Jokes aside, they got outplayed by the Horde YET AGAIN. While the alliance converged on silithis, Sylvanas just swept through a nearly undefended night elf territory. Blizzard really like writing the alliance as complete idiots. Only good thing I can see coming of this is once Jaina settles her issues in Kul tiras, maybe her, Tyrande and Gen can call for a vote and depose Anduin from leader of the alliance (not from king of Stormwind of course). Jaina can be the high queen (still hate that title so much) since she fits two criterias that are dear to blizzards heart currently... she’s human and she’s a woman. Then we can have a real war between the factions. I’m all for war but right now it only seems more like my faction is punching the retarded kid and taking his lunch money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    To be honest I knew it, but I didn't really focus on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    There's a race joke in here somewhere, but I don't have the intelligence to think of it nor the balls to write it down.
    Some people really like flavor. Occasionally subsisting on nutrient paste just doesn't feel the same as eating a steak. I get that flavor isn't for everyone, but I doubt removing all cosmetic indicators from the game would be appealing either. Nobody want to log in, queue to fight modestly sized blue checked box boss #7, initiate combat using an attack sequence of abilities 1-7 with a 13 beat repeat coda intermittently, and collect item level 630 slot 7 gear either.

Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    Gotta admit "The Night Elves of Duskwood' has a really good ring to it.

I hope that we get to help them build up their new place and see them resettle.
    Why not, with the nightwatch going nuts and seemingly slaughtering everyone in Darkshire in the assassination artifact questline, I think Duskwood is up for grabs now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    Stormwind is getting slightly crammed, with all the new Voidelves
    Everyone must be shoulder to shoulder with all two of them in one place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletov View Post
    Everyone must be shoulder to shoulder with all two of them in one place.
    Heh, yea, I don't know how they all sprung up overnight, but the city is really full of voidelf NPCs and suddenly Highelf-mages talking with Voidelves too.
    I wonder how many explosions there are whenever a Voidelf bumps into a Lightforged in the streets

Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    "Glad" to see I am not the only one. You would think the intention was to make the hate go towards the Horde, but instead my hate goes towards my own faction.
    I think it's pretty clear Blizzard also hates the non-human Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I'm hoping it's the later, because Sylvanas' "Let's conquer Kalimdor" doesn't really make sense if you take into account she's ignoring the Draenei's islands.
    They probably won't represent it ingame, but I like to imagine some scenario where a detachment of horde march into Darkshore or someplace and pass by a large warning sign with glowing letters in Draenic and Orcish that there must not be aggressors beyond a certain point.

Then a respectable distance past that sign, the Vindicaars lasers enforce that rule and make a few craters.

Canonically, I don't think Sylvanas would really know about the capabilities of that machine, and it would also make sense for Velen to want to protect not only his lands but also refugees from further violence. He just got done fighting the Legion; he may not be willing to worry about the Horde encroaching on their land after this.

This would make something lore friendly, cool, and explain the gameplay constraints of them not wanting to involve that area (unless they change their minds).
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

With her city burning around her and fighting a dark ranger, Shandris Feathermoon is sure to put in a bit in there, not about how they underestimate the Night Elves, not promise of revenge or anything like that.

No, Shandris sits there while her city is burning and temple being desecrated, and is sure to tell her assailant that they "Underestimate the potential of humans".

And apparently later she fangirls over John Keeshan.
    The line got removed, and it was to take place -months- later, during a fight in Nazmir.

And she -never- fangirls, she puts keeshan in his place for hero-worship and tells him to cut it out.
    Last edited by Khirok; 2018-05-17 at 09:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Seradane seems like it would be a good bet - puts them closer to the Alliance power-nexus, not too far from the Wildhammer Dwarves, and it's basically land that has lain fallow since time out of mind (with a handy Emerald Dream portal in the center of the place).
    Seradane is far too close to Forsaken and Blood Elf lands, and for the Night Elves who have become refugees, that would put them into some very dangerous territory. Duskwood and Swamp of Sorrows could be given to the Kaldorei, they could rebuild there.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    There's a race joke in here somewhere, but I don't have the intelligence to think of it nor the balls to write it down.
    If I didn't like the sigs I'm already using I would probably borrow that xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

I still don't get why many still say that the NEs should have fled to Exodar or whether going to Stormwind makes sense.

In all honesty, the story is just horrible, nothing we try to make sense of would work.

It is canon that the Night Elves were able to retain Northern Kalimdor against the Horde. Even a 'surprise attack' against Astranaar is just rubbish storytelling at this point. We should keep in mind that when the NEs first fought the Orcs, they were very near Durotar, which is quite a bit distant from most Kaldorei settlements. After the events in Wolfheart, only Azshara still had some Horde in it. The lumber camps in Ashenvale were no more.

I've loved the Wood Elves from Warhammer Fantasy for a very long time. The Night Elves were heavily inspired, if not outright copied, from that. But that was WC3 and even early Vanilla. After that, if you want Kaldorei lore, you check the books or the nicer zones in Legion. Everything else can go die in a fire, really.

It's sad to admit it, but Blizzard's awful writing will continue to trample anything for the sake of dev's saying D'YALL KNOW WHAT'D BE AWESOME? and say if you don't like this and that, you can play Horde. Because they are that edgy. We should just let it go, really. Lore has been going downhill from early WotLK and on. Though I mourn Warcraft's lore's passing, I believe I've come to terms with it. Well, mostly. I'm still writing bitter comments here. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Niter View Post
    It is canon that the Night Elves were able to retain Northern Kalimdor against the Horde. Even a 'surprise attack' against Astranaar is just rubbish storytelling at this point. We should keep in mind that when the NEs first fought the Orcs, they were very near Durotar, which is quite a bit distant from most Kaldorei settlements. After the events in Wolfheart, only Azshara still had some Horde in it. The lumber camps in Ashenvale were no more.
    I don't think I get what you mean here. Are you saying that it's canon that, even by BfA, the NE still were able to retain NK against the Horde? Or are you saying that the NE's defeat at the begin of BfA doesn't make sense as they were able to hold the Horde back before? Because the attack on the NE in BfA, and the one during Wolfheart, aren't quite similar to each other. The bulk of the NE army wasn't even there when the attack started in BfA / BtS.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

What I suspect is going to happen is that everyone will find themselves starting off at the emissaries on Stormwind and Orgrimmar. As it is, Teldrassil is getting burned down, and seriously, the only reason the Draenei stayed with the Exodar was because of O'ros, and he's dead, not to mention, they have an interdimensional spacecraft orbiting Azeroth, Gilneas has never been a capital City, just a starting zone, so what's left? Ironforge. So... two cities and a Spaceship. A look at the Horde shows Lordaeron being sacked, Goblins living in the slums of Orgrimmar, Thunder Bluff and Silvermoon City.

In time, I think there won't be starting cities. You'll become a recruit into the Alliance or Horde, starting at level 20, and go from that point.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

I guess it all has to end somewhere

From what I've seen the Shandris Feathermoon bits about Human Potential happen much later on. During Alliance War Campaign questing in either Vol'dun or Nazmir (I forget which right now), when she faces off against a Dark Ranger, and later when facing off against a Blood Prince.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    I don't think I get what you mean here. Are you saying that it's canon that, even by BfA, the NE still were able to retain NK against the Horde? Or are you saying that the NE's defeat at the begin of BfA doesn't make sense as they were able to hold the Horde back before? Because the attack on the NE in BfA, and the one during Wolfheart, aren't quite similar to each other. The bulk of the NE army wasn't even there when the attack started in BfA / BtS.
    I think we can safely assume the Night elves got plot-hammered (They should be able to defend Ashenvale, or they would have been wiped out long ago), after the Cataclysm invasion demonstrating how vulnerable Ashenvale can be, they would have to be phenomenally stupid to shift most of their army away from Ashenvale (Because you never know when the Horde will stick yet another dagger in your back), then the Horde's uber-rogues taking out most of what defenders were left, and now what remains of Night elf civilization is farming pumpkins near SW, all to push that lame faction war plot again...

So Blizz used crappy writing to push the rehash of a crappy storyline, how appropriate.