Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandurp Failermoon View Post

According to the mission tables to Sentinels are attacking Razor Hill and Bilgewater Harbour with the intent of marching on Orgrimmar. Expect none of this to show in the game and expect the Alliance's omega nu-king to intervene just when the Horde is about to get what it deserves and tell us his HUMAN POTENTIAL demands we focus on fighting Azshara and all the cucked Alliance races will bow and bend a knee, doing as they are told, because a little 18 year old asshat with delusions of peace with the Horde knows best. His bones would hurt or something if he didn't.
    No, Anduin is going to intervene just as they are about to get killed, showing them how they need him.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    No, Anduin is going to intervene just as they are about to get killed, showing them how they need him.
    Exactly, and he knows best cause he's nu-male wonderboy oozing soy light all over. Sylvanas should put a black arrow through his head. for the good of the world.
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard

Exactly, and he knows best cause he's nu-male wonderboy oozing soy light all over. Sylvanas should put a black arrow through his head. for the good of the world.
    Then he gets revived with even more potential. And you cant call him Mary Sue because he died!

Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    Gotta admit "The Night Elves of Duskwood' has a really good ring to it.
    I did not know that I need it. Now I do. Thanks, I guess?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Then he gets revived with even more potential. And you cant call him Mary Sue because he died!
    The only thing with more potential than HUMAN POTENTIAL is HOLY UNDEAD HUMAN POTENTIAL!!!11

by the light

Deleted
    Do you think this is misoginy at Blizzard? I mean, the Night Elves are a female lead matriachal society where the role of warrior and soldier in itself is traditionally male. And what is what we saw in World of Warcraft for the most part? them getting bashed by the Orcs, who represent glorified toxic masculinity.

The whole Night Elf Story really looks like that fragile little men at Blizz can't take a society where women do the fighting and leading and have to take it down.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    Gotta admit "The Night Elves of Duskwood' has a really good ring to it.

I hope that we get to help them build up their new place and see them resettle.
    yea, it has a ring of pathetic failure that can never be washed away, no matter how much HUMAN POTENTIAL is dumped upon them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Do you think this is misoginy at Blizzard? I mean, the Night Elves are a female lead matriachal society where the role of warrior and soldier in itself is traditionally male. And what is what we saw in World of Warcraft for the most part? them getting bashed by the Orcs, who represent glorified toxic masculinity.

The whole Night Elf Story really looks like that fragile little men at Blizz can't take a society where women do the fighting and leading and have to take it down.
    No, Christie Golden is a rabid feminist and the only thing feminists hate more than alpha males are legitimately strong women that succeed in the face of the excuse making feminists do. That is why Tyrande will never get favourable development (to clash with omega nu-male Anduin SoyKing) and Sylvanas gets turned into a feminist 'properly leading the horde' where all the alpha men failed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    They'll have to cure the Ghostlands or plant a World Tree in Amani country.
    Holy shit that would give quelthalas flying!

This might be worth the price
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Holy shit that would give quelthalas flying!

This might be worth the price
    No it wouldn't. Quel'thalas can get flying when it's blown up by a void/light detonation, just like Teldrassil got a revamp.

10+ Year Old Account

I can't tell anymore if this is sarcasm or not
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Deleted
    yea, it has a ring of pathetic failure that can never be washed away, no matter how much HUMAN POTENTIAL is dumped upon them

- - - Updated - - -

No, Christie Golden is a rabid feminist and the only thing feminists hate more than alpha males are legitimately strong women that succeed in the face of the excuse making feminists do. That is why Tyrande will never get favourable development (to clash with omega nu-male Anduin SoyKing) and Sylvanas gets turned into a feminist 'properly leading the horde' where all the alpha men failed.
    Christie Golden can't be a feminist because she allowed Calia to be abused and put into a position where she needs the help of a man, Anduin, which is a pretty misogynistic statement. Golden is sadly another writer wo internalized toxic masculinity.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it wouldn't. Quel'thalas can get flying when it's blown up by a void/light detonation, just like Teldrassil got a revamp.
    Wait what??! What detonation??

5+ Year Old Account
    Christie Golden can't be a feminist because she allowed Calia to be abused and put into a position where she needs the help of a man, Anduin, which is a pretty misogynistic statement. Golden is sadly another writer wo internalized toxic masculinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Wait what??! What detonation??
    Void and Light are like matter and anti-matter.I wanna see what happens when the Sunwell goes boom a second time from a void elf pooping in it, don't u? It'd be a lot better than having loser druids setting up in land that isn't theirs because they are too weak to actually defend the land that is theirs.

10+ Year Old Account

Void and Light are like matter and anti-matter.I wanna see what happens when the Sunwell goes boom a second time from a void elf pooping in it, don't u? It'd be a lot better than having loser druids setting up in land that isn't theirs because they are too weak to actually defend the land that is theirs.
    Ohhhh. I thought I missed something in the story lol. Had me freaking out.

Well if that's the case perhaps the night elves could do it. But dipping a void infused leper gnome kidnapped from gnomergan. It could even be called, operation: gnome potential.

Deleted
    They should just make Night Elves leave the Alliance and join the Horde, give every Night Elf a free race change and be done with it. In exchange, make Thalyssra decide she has had enough of Sylvanas' bullshit and switch the Nightborne to the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    They should just make Night Elves leave the Alliance and join the Horde, give every Night Elf a free race change and be done with it. In exchange, make Thalyssra decide she has had enough of Sylvanas' bullshit and switch the Nightborne to the Alliance.
    As someone who hates Malfurion and Tyrande and loves the Nightborne, I fully support this!

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Quote Originally Posted by Seylene View Post
    They are not even trying with this. "Just throw them into the garden." >.< Give each of the refugees a bow and a glaive and get them back into the forests. These are not human peasants these are ancient beings, it is very easy to add something like "It has been many years since my duty as a Sentinel but it returns to me when I grasp this." even young NEs would have training in bows and hunting equipment easily giving rise to an american revolution style squadlike resistance. Anything is better than weeping on blankets in the Stormwind canals that's just demoralizing to the fans.
    Exactly. It's just embarrassing, like a cruel joke.
    Some people really like flavor. Occasionally subsisting on nutrient paste just doesn't feel the same as eating a steak. I get that flavor isn't for everyone, but I doubt removing all cosmetic indicators from the game would be appealing either. Nobody want to log in, queue to fight modestly sized blue checked box boss #7, initiate combat using an attack sequence of abilities 1-7 with a 13 beat repeat coda intermittently, and collect item level 630 slot 7 gear either.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    I don't think I get what you mean here. Are you saying that it's canon that, even by BfA, the NE still were able to retain NK against the Horde? Or are you saying that the NE's defeat at the begin of BfA doesn't make sense as they were able to hold the Horde back before? Because the attack on the NE in BfA, and the one during Wolfheart, aren't quite similar to each other. The bulk of the NE army wasn't even there when the attack started in BfA / BtS.
    Both attacks didn't quite make sense if we think about it. The first, in Wolfheart, was just a way to give Varian a chance to shine because Blizzard's justification that Magnataurs and Shredders were a big surprise just didn't add up. The roads and open areas we see in Ashenvale are there because it is a game and it shouldn't be too difficult to navigate, but in lore it is a massive forest. Being caught off guard by forces which couldn't even FIT the vast majority of the place didn't make sense. It happened because they needed to have more conflict in the area and to give Varian a chance to save the day. It didn't make much sense, but let's pretend the Night Elves had never faced much stronger enemies before, made awful mistakes and were caught off guard.

Then, it happens AGAIN in BfA. Again, fitting entire armies in Ashenvale has never happened. This is even used to their advantage against Archimonde. Different races helped the Kaldorei slow all of Legion's advances in their way to Hyjal. Big roads in the forest never, ever, happened. So we are to believe that the race that is possibly the best at skirmishes, is nocturnal, is attuned to the land, has the advantage of having the creatures in it and the land itself as allies, got attacked in place where a a big army just can't advance in formation and would not disrupt the forest in any perceptible way? Again?

Logic and the way the races used to be play no relevant part in lore any longer. Everything has become a mere plot device, which is just bad storytelling.

A more interesting, and logical way, of doing that would be to start corrupting the forest and the creatures, driving the elves out of it little by little and advancing. Ambushing far better ambushers in their own territory, one which they've held for thousands of years, whose population and 'military' (however vague that term may be) are ancient and experienced... Well, there is no way anybody could say yeah, that is a sound strategy. Having the Kaldorei 'army' going away doesn't change anything. Fitting an entire army through a forest will always look stupid, especially when the land itself and its magical creatures are always watching. There are no surprises, only bad writing.

Edit: I'm emphasising the fact the big armies just can't be there because the reason everybody uses to justify 'why Sylvanas succeeded' is that the Kaldorei army was away. It wasn't. It can't stay in Ashenvale. It is always scattered. The bulk of the forces if the Night Elves had a proper army to begin with would have been in Teldrassil and Feralas. We've got to remember the Night Elves live in Ashenvale and Darkshore. It is their home. This is why I'd never expect Teldrassil falling to be such a hurdle. They would have said Oh well, it lasted a good decade or so. Let's go back to the places we inhabited for thousands of years, shall we?
    Last edited by Niter; 2018-05-18 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I did not know that I need it. Now I do. Thanks, I guess?
    Lol anytime

Like, in Suramar we saw that little quest-chain where the nelves settle the northwest corner. It would be really awesome to watch them do that with a whole zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Deleted
    If I didn't know any better I would think one of the dev's dated a night elf enthusiast and is getting revenge for being dumped. As if the nelves hadn't been watered down, bastardized and destroyed already they are now simpering refugees. Jesus christ. Just fucking delete them from the game already they don't even exist as a race anymore. Expect the next four years to pass before Blizzard remembers they exist again to use them once more as a punch bag for the games crappy narrative.
    Last edited by mmoce9fe1e7ffd; 2018-05-18 at 08:50 PM.