Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    They aren't.
    China annexed their land.
    You got it backwards, the Uighurs can go back to Mongolia if they don't want to live in China.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Brainwashing camps, holy shit. That's genuinely terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Brainwashing camps, holy shit. That's genuinely terrifying.
    Here's another take:

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i applaud china.

i wish the west had this strength.
    Disappointed, but not surprised!

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    It won't. Xi is not to be trifled with.
    pffft

for some reason I can't help but think that doesn't matter to some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    You got it backwards, the Uighurs can go back to Mongolia if they don't want to live in China.
    Uh, no, Uyghurs are a Turkic-speaking people with ancestral ties to Tocharians, an ancient Indo-European speaking people native to Western China. The Turkic linguistic family comes from the Altai Mountains.

Either way the Uyghurs aren't closely related to Mongols. If I remember correctly the Uyghurs went to Genghis Khan in order to overthrow a Buddhist ruler than was oppressing them and the region we now know as Xinjiang would be incorporated into the Mongol Empire, but the Uyghurs themselves aren't Mongols or even closely related.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2018-05-18 at 06:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Uh, no, Uyghurs are a Turkic-speaking people with ancestral ties to Tocharians, an ancient Indo-European speaking people native to Western China. The Turkic linguistic family comes from the Altai Mountains.

Either way the Uyghurs aren't closely related to Mongols. If I remember correctly the Uyghurs went to Genghis Khan in order to overthrow a Buddhist ruler than was oppressing them and the region we now know as Xinjiang would be incorporated into the Mongol Empire, but the Uyghurs themselves aren't Mongols or even closely related.
    They got nothing to do with Tocharians, you are talking about an old ancient people long gone before Uighurs came to the region. And the Chinese were there before the Uighurs.

It's just Uighur propaganda trying to claim ancient presence by stealing other peoples history.

They got nothing to do with Tocharians, you are talking about an old ancient people long gone before Uighurs came to the region. And the Chinese were there before the Uighurs.

It's just Uighur propaganda trying to claim ancient presence by stealing other peoples history.
    Ok, now in addition to the Jews, there are global conspiracies to cover the truth by Ouighurs. Gotcha.

From the 8th century AD, the Uyghurs – speakers of a Turkic language from the Kingdom of Qocho – settled in the region. The peoples of the Tarim city states intermixed with the Uyghurs, whose Old Uyghur language spread through the region. The Tocharian languages are believed to have become extinct during the 9th century
    Modern Uyghurs are the descendents of Turkic settlers and Indo-European-speaking Tarim peoples with ancestral ties westward.

And yet somehow still less extreme than what Islam wants to do Chinese who are non believers.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not the best method of beating islam but at least someone is trying to fight that cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    LOL and some of you would prefer the Chinese rule the world rather than the USA.....

That said, I wish the USA did this. Put people who don't speak English or conform to American culture into camps until they do. A common language and culture makes a much stronger nation. "Several days later, because of his intransigence and refusal to speak Mandarin..." he deserved it... this is exactly what I'm talking about, learning the language of the country is a simple request and he is out right refusing? Maybe he wouldn't be in the camp if he wasn't being an idiot? "Radical Muslim Uighurs have killed hundreds in recent years, and China considers the region a threat to peace in a country where the majority is Han Chinese." Seems pretty justified to me. Don't start shit if you don't wanna end up in shit.
    Ahh the irony in this post!

10+ Year Old Account
    This is extreme and a testament to the length Xi will go to transform China into a homogeneous authoritarian state.

You cannot eradicate an ideology until you completely wipe out every single believer. Impossible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    People will take you more seriously if you actually put in the effort to type a few words rather than use your childish texting gibberish.
    Not to get over-argumentative here... but what is it ok for you to use "LOL" and they cannot use "FTFY"? Both are internet shortcut-speak.

If you use ROFL, LMAO, LOL, BRB, AFK, or anything like that... you aren't any different.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Unis and colleges being subtle?

If by subtle you mean bashing you over the head...sometimes literally, then yeah.
    Well I mean compared to these camps in China, but I know what you mean about unis and colleges, it is at a point that it is terrifying..

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Sadly, a large number of people in these threads will support such actions.
    Ironically, it'll most likely be the ones that claim to hate Communism.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    That's how you beat Islamism. Counter indoctrination.
    So you approve of Communist brainwashing enforced by a totalitarian regime, as long as it's aimed at people you don't like.

This man has a Reagan avatar and the sig "Man is not free unless government is limited.", what a fucking dark comedy the world is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i applaud china.

i wish the west had this strength.
    Literally applauding Communist indoctrination camps, ahahaha. Fucking called it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Probably not the best method of beating islam but at least someone is trying to fight that cancer.
    "Not the best". You just described mass indoctrination camps as "not the best".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Judgedredd View Post
    They already have. China was around during the time of Ancient Rome but they are a distant memory now and China is still going strong. As you can see, Rome signed their own death warrant by letting unchecked immigration in the form of too many barbarian tribes being allowed to settle on their land then kick them off it.

Whereas with China its you tacitly agree to discard your ways and take up theirs.
    The China of today is as different from the China of the Ancient World as the Italy of today is from Ancient Rome. It is not one continuous civilisation.

Pretty ironic you using the barbarian invasion of Rome as a way of saying China was superior... ever heard of a dude called Genghis Khan? Fucking roflcopter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Intuitive View Post
    3. Just because I buy products made in China doesn't mean I support their Communist government.
    And on the same page, he outright supports the Communist government:

Quote Originally Posted by Intuitive View Post
    China can do what it wants. At least they don't go soft on Islam like Europe...
    Fucking kek.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    And on the same page, he outright supports the Communist government:
    As an American, I'm sure the concept of minding your own business and letting a sovereign country govern as they please is a foreign concept to you, but please try and understand that being indifferent to a country's actions does not equal supporting that country.

Flowchart for when China does another stunt of awesomeness
    "China does shit (it does that quite frequently, if not 24/7)" --> "It may be covered in some small article that never ever makes any headlines." --> "Someone might slightly condemn the actions, usually for a reason." --> "THIS IS CHEENA'S INTERNAL MATTER, OTHER COUNTRIES SHOULD NOT INTERVENE" --> "Nobody will intervene, because a) It's some far away place like China. Therefore nobody cares. It's Chinese people after all only, or b) Nobody has the balls to put up against China. Too large single economy."

So all in all, in today's world, China can do whatever the hell they want. Nobody will intervene. So I guess I should give kudos to their government for reaching that level. Rest of the world, including many Chinese as well, bend over. It's going to be a shitty ride.

China is scary. Im so thankful I dont have to live there

At this rate I wont even visit it for a holiday.