Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Literal hidden treasure!

And now, for your pre-weekend, a story about a family that found a safe with $52,000 in cash and jewelry literally buried in their backyard.

It was stolen 8 years ago. The owners thought they'd never see it again.

Miracles do happen.

Enjoy your day, everybody!

What I think is awesome about this story is that they chose to return it instead of keeping it. Thanks for sharing, I like hearing about things like this -- not even mentioning how unusual it is.

Surprising how well regular folk behaved compared with politicians and celebrities.

wow, talk about integrity not often seen. Kudos to them for giving it all back.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

I wonder if the safe owner will repay the insurance money they undoubtedly received.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    wow, talk about integrity not often seen. Kudos to them for giving it all back.
    Fuck that, finders keepers losers weepers. $52k isn't chump change.

Deleted
    Literally? Good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Fuck that, finders keepers losers weepers. $52k isn't chump change.
    Ha! Speak for yourself.

When the thief is out of prison and returns to find the goods- and they are missing, I wonder if they will murder the family.
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    And now, for your pre-weekend, a story about a family that found a safe with $52,000 in cash and jewelry literally buried in their backyard.

It was stolen 8 years ago. The owners thought they'd never see it again.

Miracles do happen.

Enjoy your day, everybody!
    Damn, I get excited when I find $20 in my winter jacket near the end of Fall.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

That's like a 2% raise in worth for the jewelry inflation.

52k is nothing, but still I mean for someone to be so retarded, in 2011 even, to not be able to properly hide or insure their shit, they're probably pretty stoked to get this shit back only to have it increase in value.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    When the thief is out of prison and returns to find the goods- and they are missing, I wonder if they will murder the family.
    Plot twist: The owners hid it themselves to scam insurance!

dumbasses to turn it in.

would 100% sell that jewelry and pocket the money. that'd buy me and my brother a great computer, and let us buy our land.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    What I think is awesome about this story is that they chose to return it instead of keeping it. Thanks for sharing, I like hearing about things like this -- not even mentioning how unusual it is.
    Gotta admit, I would've had a hard time returning it. I'd like to think I would, but $52k would put a big dent in my student loans and I don't believe in karma anyway, so. Finding a neighbor's address in it might have pushed me to do the right thing though, as opposed to if it was someone random's.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Says a lot about your person.
    I would have kept it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Says a lot about your person.
    Says I'll be $52k richer.

I'd probably give it over, then again I'm well off enough that I can afford to, and $52k wouldn't really be life changing to me anyway. If I was poor again it'd be pretty tempting I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    dumbasses to turn it in.

would 100% sell that jewelry and pocket the money. that'd buy me and my brother a great computer, and let us buy our land.
    So in the other thread you were cheering on Communist indoctrination camps, and here you're on the side of keeping the stolen money and fuck the victims.

Quite a wild swing from collectivism to individualism kek.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So in the other thread you were cheering on Communist indoctrination camps, and here you're on the side of keeping the stolen money and fuck the victims.

the only thing i really want from china is the lack of freedom of religion and the willpower to do what is needed to defend our way of life from it.

other than that, i want things to be american. free to basically do most of what you want, and most of what you say. though, i'd also like for the government to mercilessly take over all corporations and force them to work for the good of the people, rather than the money they make. that'd be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

I mean, you're talking to one of the least reasonable people on this website?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the only thing i really want from china is the lack of freedom of religion and the willpower to do what is needed to defend our way of life from it.

other than that, i want things to be american. free to basically do most of what you want, and most of what you say. though, i'd also like for the government to mercilessly take over all corporations and force them to work for the good of the people, rather than the money they make. that'd be nice.
    Freedom for everyone! Except in matters of religion! And business people! And ofc people who are against that!

Geez, you surely must like Stalin and Mao.