The finale was underwhelming as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyani View Post
    I'm curious how Daisy can survive being sent above sky scrapers then slammed so hard into the ground from that height that it left a crater in the road... as far as im aware her body is still that of a normal human in durability, every bone in her bone should have been broken into splinters by that force.
    Well her body was probably damage pretty badly which made Talbot easier to start absorbing her, but when she took the serum it had her mom's powers in it which help with regenerating so I'd assume it instantly healed her body up to be able to do what she did.

I have to mirror the underwhelming sentiment. I did hype myself up for seeing the snap occur which I'll say I guess it's fine it didn't still a bit disappointed. But really the breaking of the loop seemed way too simple, and most of what was warned by future Yo-Yo seems silly now. The fight itself was rather silly and Daisy competing at all seemed weird, since on the ship in an earlier episode he shook of her powers with relative ease. Plus, he seemed to have a shield around him at all times in other episodes why not have it now, especially when he was aware police were contemplating shooting at him? It felt like a season of build up to a lackluster conclusion to the problems.

Then there is the Fitz issue, they all seemed rather nonplussed about it after the fact. That's not even taking into account the one in space would be a somewhat different person. He never did what he did to Daisy, but they would all know he is capable of it. Finally, I feel they didn’t really show the effects of breaking the loop. Is Deke gone? Did anything really change?
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2018-05-19 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    Then there is the Fitz issue, they all seemed rather nonplussed about it after the fact. That's not even taking into account the one in space would be a somewhat different person. He never did what he did to Daisy, but they would all know he is capable of it. Finally, I feel they didn’t really show the effects of breaking the loop. Is Deke gone? Did anything really change?
    Well yeah earth is still in one piece, i think Gemma is just happy with any version of Fitz. I am sure it would be the same for others if there was another Coulson. Not saving Coulson must have been the difference

Coward's solution. I was really hoping for some balls.

Oh well. The series was alright, but it's just about run its course. Next season is surely going to be the last.

Daisy surviving that fall made no sense. Also, I lol'd at the clean crater in the ground and the bloody scratch on her head. Doesn't get more comic book than that. What was the point of the Centipede serum at that point? Was it supposed to be like a power-up potion? What's the point in using her mother's healing power?

Talbot's quick defeat made no sense. All that build-up for this? Given his power set and what we've seen in the last episodes, Daisy would be no match.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2018-05-19 at 02:49 PM.

Deleted
    Ha, I was so right about Fitz dying because of the second one in Space

Quote Originally Posted by Miyani View Post
    I'm curious how Daisy can survive being sent above sky scrapers then slammed so hard into the ground from that height that it left a crater in the road... as far as im aware her body is still that of a normal human in durability, every bone in her bone should have been broken into splinters by that force.
    This was my immediate thought as well. She should have died. Originally, I thought she had taken the black juice to power herself up but then I remembered it was destroyed. So my question is, how did just the centipede serum+her mothers healing DNA give her that much of a boost?

Happy that Coulson finally gets his happy ending though I am confused what will happen to him. I thought I heard rumors of him coming back to the movies for Infinity war but he wasn't there. I can't imagine them tossing the character because he is a fan favorite.

In regards to Fitz the death scene with Mack was really good, and the brief bit we see of Jemma as well, but then everyone is just like, ok, it's all fine, we have another Fitz. Seems kind of shallow to me.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    I did hype myself up for seeing the snap occur which I'll say I guess it's fine it didn't still a bit disappointed.
    We're more than likely not going to see anything related to IW at all. The show is coming back summer 2019, conveniently after A4 has already aired. They want to avoid dealing with it.

This show never ceases to amaze me, in a terrible and awful way of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    He was "punched" into orbit. The gravitonium gives him a lot of conscious control, but anything that gets past his awareness can still smoke him. As seen when Daisy boost-tackled him at the start of their fight. They probably should've made it a little more clear, but the kind of acceleration Daisy would've had to do to Talbot to send him into orbit would've straight-up killed him without gravitonium, and quite possibly knocked him out. If he's unconscious when he hits orbit, he's got about a minute before he's going to die, and he can't use his powers to fly back while unconscious.
    The whole thing is beyond inconsistent. First, Talbot slams Daisy into the ground with seemingly as much force as a bomb. Even if she has Inhuman durability (which is fucking awful in itself, and would have made every single dangerous situation she's been in moot), she should have lost consciousness. So, where's that lack of logic for Talbot? Why was he conveniently unconscious so he couldn't keep himself from leaving the atmosphere?

There's nothing about gravity manipulation that lets Talbot breathe in space or that makes him more resilient than a normal human if something gets past his gravitational defenses.
    The point wasn't so that he could breathe in space. The man can fly. He should have been able to come back down with ease, but convenience is a powerful enemy to fight against, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Seems kind of shallow to me.
    This show's hallmark.
    Last edited by Goldielocks; 2018-05-19 at 04:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    The whole thing is beyond inconsistent. First, Talbot slams Daisy into the ground with seemingly as much force as a bomb. Even if she has Inhuman durability (which is fucking awful in itself, and would have made every single dangerous situation she's been in moot), she should have lost consciousness.
    Talbot has limits. Daisy's not the only one hitting the Earth; Talbot's the one pushing her down the whole way, he takes nearly as much of an impact as she does.

If we can assume he can shield himself somewhat with his gravitational powers, it's not that exceptional to assume Daisy can protect herself with hers, at least enough so to make it survivable.

And she only recovered after that when she jabbed herself with the Centipede Serum, boosted with heal-fast juice.

So, where's that lack of logic for Talbot? Why was he conveniently unconscious so he couldn't keep himself from leaving the atmosphere?
    She caught him off guard. It's not really the same as the slam from high up, because she knew that slam was coming for several seconds; it wasn't bullet-fast. He would've been rendered unconscious or dead the moment she hit him, or shortly thereafter; human bodies can't handle the kind of G-force that kind of impact would make, and if Talbot didn't see it coming, he wouldn't have been able to use his powers to protect himself.

The point wasn't so that he could breathe in space. The man can fly. He should have been able to come back down with ease, but convenience is a powerful enemy to fight against, I guess.
    Again, this is only true if A> he's alive, and B>he's conscious. Every indication was that he shouldn't be at least the latter, if not the former as well. If he were awake? Sure, he could fly back down, but if he were awake, he probably wouldn't have been punched into space in the first place.

Plus, reminder that this is a show based on comic books. This kind of stuff is pretty damn common.

Well I expected Coulson to vanish from the snap there in the and any second. It would've been hillariously tragic.

But yeah, few things sucked (No snap, no fight explanation as to how Daisy won, no Deke), but I liked the overall ending. They kinda expected to be their last.

no not fitz!
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    So, basically, they got rid of the two best characters in the show for completely asinine reasons, and we're left with the completely dry and humorless bunch of can't-standable nitwits, with the holier-than-thou religion-spewer leading the bunch, and the pseudo-superhero having gotten a bit more super. Cue the hymns and crosses and high horses under Mack rule, and season six will probably also bring us even blurrier screens thanks to the Quake powerup.

Hard to see the show surviving to season 7 now.

Plus, reminder that this is a show based on comic books. This kind of stuff is pretty damn common.
    I disagree. MCU has seemed to be more realistic when it comes to the circumstances. Heroes aren't given the benefit of the doubt, not like the ridiculousness of many comics. There's no laziness in pulling a victory out of nowhere.

Make sense I guess. Show claims to be part of the MCU but it never has been in any meaningful way.
    Last edited by Goldielocks; 2018-05-20 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    its [spoiler] stuff you want to say then /spoiler but with [] around the /spoiler.
    If you ever forget how to do em just go to quote someone with spoilers like my post above you and it will show you how to do em.
    Thanks, I swear ever since the coma 2 years ago when my short term memory loss developed there is no rhyme or reason as to what I remember at times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    I disagree. MCU has seemed to be more realistic when it comes to the circumstances. Heroes aren't given the benefit of the doubt, not like the ridiculousness of many comics. There's no laziness in pulling a victory out of nowhere.

Make sense I guess. Show claims to be part of the MCU but it never has been in any meaningful way.
    I mean, this victory didn't "come out of nowhere". The Centipede Serum was a major plot point, and one they built up and made a central focus; it just got used in a different way than expected. One which directly enabled the victory in question, and which fell in line with every bit of prophecy they were dealing with. It's hard to claim it "came out of nowhere" when the entire last half of the season essentially built to that moment.

Would it really have been that much better to see Daisy and Talbot trade a few more swings before the finishing move? Narratively, it wasn't necessary. It wasn't ever about who was stronger, in the first place.

Yeah, I wouldn't say that was a good finale.

First of all was the time loop. Throughout the season they talked about the loop as if it was some inescapable set of events that the group would encounter no matter what they tried to stop it. Jemma was even so sure of it she risked her life with a game of chance knowing she wouldn't die because she would live to be in the future. But it turns out all they needed to do to break the loop was, do something else? It was that easy?

What happened to Deke? You'd think they would at least give him a mention or screen time of some sort at the end. To let people know if he really disappeared or if he's still around.

Did Fitz actually die? It was pretty unclear. They seemed to be going for Fitz funeral there, but then they trick you into revealing it's just Coulson's retirement. I mean, if he is dead they really lose points for not having more of an emotional response from the team for such a major character. Even if they are for some reason planning on grabbing the Fitz sleeping in deep space, that shouldn't absolve them of an emotional impact. That Fitz technically isn't married.

And the way it happened to Fitz was just bad. Rocks falling on top of him? That's literally just the writers saying this character needs to die now without a good reason, buildup, or tension.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2018-05-20 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    So, basically, they got rid of the two best characters in the show for completely asinine reasons, and we're left with the completely dry and humorless bunch of can't-standable nitwits, with the holier-than-thou religion-spewer leading the bunch, and the pseudo-superhero having gotten a bit more super. Cue the hymns and crosses and high horses under Mack rule, and season six will probably also bring us even blurrier screens thanks to the Quake powerup.

Hard to see the show surviving to season 7 now.
    When they shot the finale they didn't know Season 6 was happening. That info literally came the week it was going to air. The finale has been shot for months I believe. Secondly there's nothing saying either one can't come back. It's not like they are dead and if they were there's always some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Did Fitz actually die? It was pretty unclear. They seemed to be going for Fitz funeral there, but then they trick you into revealing it's just Coulson's retirement. I mean, if he is dead they really lose points for not having more of an emotional response from the team for such a major character. Even if they are for some reason planning on grabbing the Fitz sleeping in deep space, that shouldn't absolve them of an emotional impact. That Fitz technically isn't married.

And the way it happened to Fitz was just bad. Rocks falling on top of him? That's literally just the writers saying this character needs to die now without a good reason, buildup, or tension.
    Fitz was pretty clear. When they all came back from the future that version of Fitz was there while the rest of the team was from the past. So by transporting back to the past the entire team resumed back to where they were. While Fitz was from the future, much like how Deke was. The Fitz that was on the team before the season started is out in space floating around with possibly Enoch as well since he was a bit more unclear, though would assume he's with Fitz since his replacement was in the base.

It was obvious they were filming it with both renewal and cancellation in mind. I thought it was an alright finale.

I'm actually glad Mack will be the new director, as I've really grown to like his character over time. I think he's very grounded in what SHIELD has always been about; saving lives. I identify with him quite a bit, as much as someone can with a fictional character at least.

I feel like people forget just how powerful the centipede serum really was.