10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    "The Banshee Queen is not finished with you yet."

Kinky.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JustaRandomReindeer View Post
    No longer part of #NoBeta team! Time to put my free time to good use.
    Congrats for getting the Beta...
    Hope you enjoy it. <3
    For the Horde!

"The Banshee Queen is not finished with you yet."

Kinky.

Do we actually get to see the effects of this in-game, or is this another case of shoving the actual war into missions because it's cheaper?
    Neither. Its "there is tons of implied off screen war efforts we wouldnt see otherwise but because the devs put in some effort if we so choose we can read about it"

So negative

- - - Updated - - -

"I dont want them to spend hours making background lore because they didnt spend months turning that content i to complex quests with graphics, voice acting coding and pathing
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by Dhomeli View Post
    I wonder when we'll actually get the rest of the story in Silithus... isn't there supposed to be a cutscene where we use our artifacts to absorb some corruption from Sargeras' sword or something? Then our artifact is supposed to become unstable?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFr7RzshBv0
    It will come at the very end of Legion. Just before Prepatch or maybe even during it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It will come at the very end of Legion. Just before Prepatch or maybe even during it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Probably is the event on the first week of prepatch? I assume they will have events that progress every week.
    I always expected it to be available before prepatch, Silithus has more changes in BfA, idk if that can affect the quest.

Legion prepatch was on 19th July and launch was on August 30th which is 6 weeks of prepatch. Hopefully, we will get the same with BfA, that would place prepatch on 3rd July.
    Last edited by Drekmar; 2018-05-20 at 08:43 AM.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Neither. Its "there is tons of implied off screen war efforts we wouldnt see otherwise but because the devs put in some effort if we so choose we can read about it"

So negative

- - - Updated - - -

"I dont want them to spend hours making background lore because they didnt spend months turning that content i to complex quests with graphics, voice acting coding and pathing
    Show, don't tell. Doesn't even have to be quests; could even just be phasing so you can go to those zones and see the impact of those missions.

The whole point of the MMO genre was it was supposed to be full of evolving worlds; somehow along the way that got perverted into nothing ever changing except in the newest content because that would be effort.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Where is Vereesa ? Do we know if the reunion of the three sisters happened or maybe it was never meant to happen, idk

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Show, don't tell. Doesn't even have to be quests; could even just be phasing so you can go to those zones and see the impact of those missions.

The whole point of the MMO genre was it was supposed to be full of evolving worlds; somehow along the way that got perverted into nothing ever changing except in the newest content because that would be effort.
    Implying things we get are no effort?

This reminds me some pea-brain fool I responded to in official forums, would you accept another 14 month delay between expansions just so that area in the middle of nowhere nobody gives a flying fuck about visiting would get more in-game narrative going on? I certainly won't.

Honestly, it triggers me when people imply WoW nowadays is lazy or no effort, you just don't realize how frikkin' huge of an undertaking the thing is.

The problem is that showing is significantly more expensive than telling. They can tell you a lot more than they can show. Your "perversion" is reality knocking on the devs door and telling them that they can either make that evolving world, or eat.

"Show, don't tell" is for when you can reasonably do both.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    or better said: it wil come in around 6 weeks, because 4 weeks runtime and hey, august.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    I always expected it to be available before prepatch, Silithus has more changes in BfA, idk if that can affect the quest.

Legion prepatch was on 19th July and launch was on August 30th which is 6 weeks of prepatch. Hopefully, we will get the same with BfA, that would place prepatch on 3rd July.
    or in words: 6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    or better said: it wil come in around 6 weeks, because 4 weeks runtime and hey, august.

- - - Updated - - -

or in words: 6 weeks.
    gj on repeating what i said thumbsup

But the topic isnt prepatch itself, its the artifact closure quests.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The problem is that showing is significantly more expensive than telling. They can tell you a lot more than they can show. Your "perversion" is reality knocking on the devs door and telling them that they can either make that evolving world, or eat.

"Show, don't tell" is for when you can reasonably do both.
    it's not reality knocking, it's the constant clamoring from pvpers and pve-ers to never miss out on anything, at the cost of everything else. they want their dick measuring contests to be put first constantly.

stop doing that, and you can update everything equally.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean BFA has like 3 months left and its current state (outside of class design, which will be completed before 8.0 is publicly out) is mostly pretty irrelevant to the 8.0 PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it's not reality knocking, it's the constant clamoring from pvpers and pve-ers to never miss out on anything, at the cost of everything else. they want their dick measuring contests to be put first constantly.

No, you still can't. We can't get a Cataclysm level rework(which is what's being asked for, whether they realise it or not) of the game every expansion and still get new content as well without completely trashing any kind of reasonable release timetable.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes, they can, and they end up sacrificing full resources being put into an entire new continent and the new content that goes with it, to update two continents that became irrelevant 11 years ago for people who can't let go of the past, in addition to a new content.

In other words, it's a waste of resources that's not worth using.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Implying things we get are no effort?

This reminds me some pea-brain fool I responded to in official forums, would you accept another 14 month delay between expansions just so that area in the middle of nowhere nobody gives a flying fuck about visiting would get more in-game narrative going on? I certainly won't.

Honestly, it triggers me when people imply WoW nowadays is lazy or no effort, you just don't realize how frikkin' huge of an undertaking the thing is.
    I agree it takes effort, and I agree we shouldn't delay it too much, but as an Alliance in Cataclysm where I had to watch Horde wins get put in game but alliance wins last at best for a temporary phase, but more likely weren't even shown. Especially with the whole, lost content to focus on goblins debacle...
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

No, you still can't. We can't get a Cataclysm level rework(which is what's being asked for, whether they realise it or not) of the game every expansion and still get new content as well without completely trashing any kind of reasonable release timetable.
    doesn't have to be every expansion, it can be every two or three.

you throw enough money at an issue, and it will be fixed.

doesn't have to be every expansion, it can be every two or three.

you throw enough money at an issue, and it will be fixed.
    Money isn't the limiting factor. Throwing more money won't help.

Money isn't the limiting factor. Throwing more money won't help.
    yes it will, don't be a sheep that believes everything a company tells you.

if you have more people working on something, that cuts down time invested.

yes it will, don't be a sheep that believes everything a company tells you.

if you have more people working on something, that cuts down time invested.
    Don't be an idiot who claims 9 women can make a baby in 1 month.
    To many people on a single task will not only fail to speed it up, they can even cause it to take longer.
    And that still doesn't make it a money problem. Blizzard has to actually find people with enough competence to do the job first.

Besides, there's also return on investment to consider. Not everything that can be done is worth the effort.

Don't be an idiot who claims 9 women can make a baby in 1 month.
    To many people on a single task will not only fail to speed it up, they can even cause it to take longer.
    And that still doesn't make it a money problem. Blizzard has to actually find people with enough competence to do the job first.

Besides, there's also return on investment to consider. Not everything that can be done is worth the effort.
    were it up to me, it'd be worth the effort because i'd say it would be worth the effort. it would be done, because i would force it to be.

you're too quick to let the rich tell you anything, any excuse to not become less rich. too many people eat up the lies of corporations.