Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    It's shows like these that lead to a generation of metrosexuals.
    What does this horrible new format of the thundercats show have to do with metrosexuality?

- - - Updated - - -

This picture brings me good memories of my childhood.

He-man pictures also looked like this, and so many others. It was how 80's cartoons were made. And the shows were great.
    Good old times for classic cartoons that marked a generation.

Now the cartoons are loosing quality in the details and getting more simple... more like caricatures. Sad. Its like the fast food of cartoons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    I didn't like this new format, because it seemed they lost their facial expressions...
    but after seeing the new one, this one surely is vastly superior in quality.

And now compare the new one below... with the other two above:

Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-05-21 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I don't know what's funnier, a bunch of presumable adults getting so worked up over a kid's cartoon or the fact they're going full old-man and getting freaked out by his new-fangled hairstyle.
    You dont need to be old to see his haircut is ridiculous and hes a walking cliche.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    What does this horrible new format of the thundercats show have to do with metrosexuality?

- - - Updated - - -

This picture brings me good memories of my childhood.

He-man pictures also looked like this, and so many others. It was how 80's cartoons were made. And the shows were great.
    Good old times for classic cartoons that marked a generation.

Now the cartoons are loosing quality in the details and getting more simple... more like caricatures. Sad. Its like the fast food of cartoons.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't like this new format, because it seemed they lost their facial expressions...
    but after seeing the new one, this one surely is vastly superior in quality.

And now compare the new one below... with the other two above:
    I'll take "things that make G3 MLP look look good" for $500, Alex. Good lord, I never thought I'd be able to say that.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2018-05-22 at 02:20 AM.

too much Adventure Time. This is a reason why many animation look like shit. I dont mean AT is shit but are a hit and other think like "hmm... animation is great not a story. People like a shit-funny thing". I miss decent cartoons with an interesting plot and animation different than if it was a kindergarten child.

Quote Originally Posted by dirke View Post
    too much Adventure Time. This is a reason why many animation look like shit. I dont mean AT is shit but are a hit and other think like "hmm... animation is great not a story. People like a shit-funny thing". I miss decent cartoons with an interesting plot and animation different than if it was a kindergarten child.
    Actually AT art looks nothing like this, if anything its copy paste of Steven Universe.

Anyway we have some more Castlevania coming soon, and Voltron season 6 next month.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Actually AT art looks nothing like this, if anything its copy paste of Steven Universe.

Anyway we have some more Castlevania coming soon, and Voltron season 6 next month.
    Love the castlevania series. Hope we get lots of hours of it. S1 wasnt enough!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Love the castlevania series. Hope we get lots of hours of it. S1 wasnt enough!!!
    They are doing I think 4 more eps for S1, and S2 has 8.

Can't wait!!!

They are doing I think 4 more eps for S1, and S2 has 8.

Can't wait!!!
    best animation series ive seen for awhile. So moody and just fun to watch.

The scene where dracula warns the townsfolk and gives them a warning of one year is just among the best stuff ive seen

best animation series ive seen for awhile. So moody and just fun to watch.

The scene where dracula warns the townsfolk and gives them a warning of one year is just among the best stuff ive seen
    Only thing that annoyed me in the first series is the lack of episodes, I got all situated to binge, and - what, wait, only 4 FML!! /qq

Only thing that annoyed me in the first series is the lack of episodes, I got all situated to binge, and - what, wait, only 4 FML!! /qq
    Right after it gets going too and they set up the characters haha. I hope we get more of dracula. That voice acting was on point

I see people constantly referring to Ben 10.
    Lmao, none of you were alive for Thundercats. Most of you have no place to cry about this.

Right after it gets going too and they set up the characters haha. I hope we get more of dracula. That voice acting was on point
    Hell yeah it was!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    Lmao, none of you were alive for Thundercats. Most of you have no place to cry about this.
    Ben 10 was awesome, was, now its trash. I'm 40 kthxbi

What Pickynerd said. I was alive for the original ThunderCats, He-Man, GIJoe, and the other animated toy commercial cartoons. Ben10 was awesome, even into Ben 10 Omniverse. I knew they were going to cancel it when they shoved out the last 2 seasons all at once. And then they turned it into garbage.

Yes, Ben 10 was/is for children, because for some fucked up reason America thinks animation is and should only be for children. And that mindset will always hold animation back and keep it from being amazing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    What Pickynerd said. I was alive for the original ThunderCats, He-Man, GIJoe, and the other animated toy commercial cartoons. Ben10 was awesome, even into Ben 10 Omniverse. I knew they were going to cancel it when they shoved out the last 2 seasons all at once. And then they turned it into garbage.

Yes, Ben 10 was/is for children, because for some fucked up reason America thinks animation is and should only be for children. And that mindset will always hold animation back and keep it from being amazing.
    I know, that's the stupidest crap I've ever heard, but "average" Americans tend to believe it. Historically, even in the US, animation was adult, even from the very beginning. Just because something is drawn or CG animated rather than live acted does not make it for children. In fact, in general it tends to be the opposite, because you can depict far more disturbing things much more easily in animation than in live action.

That mindset doesn't always keep animation from begin amazing though. You just have to have a group of people in charge of it that are willing to tell the executive meddlers to go fuck themselves, and use things like http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CensorDecoy, http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...fugeInAudacity, and http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...apPastTheRadar to make sure the more adult stuff stays in. Along with good writing and good character development too of course.

And this trope is the unfortunate situation you describe: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ationAgeGhetto

10+ Year Old Account
    I am complaining because I did grow up with those shows, Thundercats, He-Man, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Ulysses 31 Transformers and even David the Gnome all were my jam growing up. Don't assume one thing for all for the case of a few.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post

Agreed with the animation viewed as being for children part. To be honest though, it currently is created mostly for children. Yea, they sneak in some jokes for adults as well, but that's to get them to like the show enough to watch it with their kids.

Until cartoons are created to cover all types of ages, cartoons and animation will always be known as something for children.

Currently, anime as well as raunchy south park/simpsons/family guy ripoffs are the only things not for children.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I am complaining because I did grow up with those shows, Thundercats, He-Man, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Ulysses 31 Transformers and even David the Gnome all were my jam growing up. Don't assume one thing for all for the case of a few.
    Man, you must have been watching childrens shows well into your 20s.

10+ Year Old Account

Man, you must have been watching childrens shows well into your 20s.
    I have a brother who is 15 years younger than me so yes I was, although for the most part it wasnt by choice lol.

Even now days, I baby sit by niece and nephew quite often and they will be watching this stuff. So for many reasons I never really stopped watching cartoons. :P

ITs the same way by my partner, she never stopped watching anime either :P

It must have affected me int he long run because I do have an animation BA degree too, and I look towards some shows as inspiration :P

EDIT: Also this is currently my desktop wallpaper lol
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-05-22 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Y'know Thundercats, He-Man, Jayce and Transformers were all made purely to sell toys thanks to Reagan deregulating how companies could market to children. He-Man, Jayce and Transformers all bolted a back-story on to existing products (Transformers were actually made from several different Japanese toylines) whilst Thundercats were commissioned based purely on the fact they could be sold to kids.

Not often I see a video down voted so badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Y'know Thundercats, He-Man, Jayce and Transformers were all made purely to sell toys thanks to Reagan deregulating how companies could market to children. He-Man, Jayce and Transformers all bolted a back-story on to existing products (Transformers were actually made from several different Japanese toylines) whilst Thundercats were commissioned based purely on the fact they could be sold to kids.
    Oh of course. I had some of the Thundercats toys when I was a kid. I was contributing to the studios mass whoring of their toy line. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was the biggest accuser of this. And the Real Ghostbusters toyline too... I swear to this day the Real Ghostbusters had some really creative toy ideas lol.