Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drektorath View Post
    Why such the negative attitude =/?
    It's far past negative, it's apathy. You get that when the changes make you do PVE / etc, and as a result the number of PVPers decreases 4x-10x. Especially when plans for the next expansion just put lipstick onto a pig (new "conquest") and make things worse in places (specs).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    Essentially there will still be the random gear from wins, and still the random gear from the weekly just like it is now but you will also have the conquest bar that fills up and rewards a set rotation of gear that increases in ilvl each time you complete it. So week one is helm, week two chest, etc. When you complete the set it bumps up the ilvl. I bet it will be more like wrist-ring-neck-etc ending in weapon. There will also be conquest catch up like before so if you start late or miss a week or two you don't lose anything.
    It's not "conquest catch-up", they are using that familiar phrase again which meant a very positive thing and apply it to a very different thing that is only a fraction of the former positive.

You win a piece of gear every now and then from doing PVP? With the ilvl / slot being pre-selected for you by the system? Woohoo. Just do world quests, get pieces with higher ilvl in lots more slots faster.

Legion pvp is dead. semi revived in BFA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Far better PVP games out there anyway. Enjoy WoW for what it is. Play one of many other better titles for your pvp fix.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drektorath View Post
    Why such the negative attitude =/?
    mmo c + rda etc etc nothing new.

Btw PVP in BFA looks "interesting" and "promising" if you are focused on WORLD PVP rather than the usual cancer arena with fotm comp

Still there are things I find absurd they still didn't implement like dunno SoloQ for rated or just the entire LoL/Dota/MOBA queque system, if you want to do some Rated PVP is a waste of time, premade/lfg are 90% russian selling boost and the rest are people asking 1900+ so basically

It isn't rocket science, if you make people able to auto-join with other people on the same rating you will see the pvp partecipation grows, if you have a trash system that force to premade, you are already pushing away the majority of casual that want to "taste" some pvp, and that beside the current state of balance in pvp.

Deleted
    Oh they changed something for 2 maps that Horde don't even play anyway?
    YEP PVP IS DEAD 100% NO DOUBTS RIP WOW

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it can't possibly be worse than what it is in Legion, so if it's not dead yet there's no reason to think that will die in BfA

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    People say PvP dies every expansion, and yet... people continue to do it.
    In Legion, many people did not continue to do it. A large number of people who did PvP stopped doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    They could have fixed it by making lost games award nothing. People would make an effort.
    Oh for fucks sake. No they wouldn't, they'd just leave.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Is X dead in an Expansion is not even released and few thousends (or less) people are playing in Beta?
    lmao I know right. I seriously laughed out loud when I read the post. Did not disappoint. PVP in BfA hasn't been born yet.

Deleted
    Lets be honest, what's needed is a better reward system for casual players. Not just the op 3%.

And gear rewards on par with PvE rewards, with decent stats, set bonuses etc. Or in other words: back to how gearing was in MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    It's not "conquest catch-up", they are using that familiar phrase again which meant a very positive thing and apply it to a very different thing that is only a fraction of the former positive.

You win a piece of gear every now and then from doing PVP? With the ilvl / slot being pre-selected for you by the system? Woohoo. Just do world quests, get pieces with higher ilvl in lots more slots faster.
    You need to either watch the video or re-read what I said. They are two overlapping systems in BFA. There is the random chance for loot from a win and the random loot for the weekly for each bracket. ON TOP OF THAT there is the conquest system which is essentially a bar you fill up each week with a guaranteed and set item in a series. The catchup mechanism is the old one where the conquest *cap* increases to match the weeks you missed. So if it is 1000 conquest a week, and you miss weeks 1, 2 and 3, your fourth week conquest cap will be 4000.

You need to either watch the video or re-read what I said. They are two overlapping systems in BFA. There is the random chance for loot from a win and the random loot for the weekly for each bracket. ON TOP OF THAT there is the conquest system which is essentially a bar you fill up each week with a guaranteed and set item in a series. The catchup mechanism is the old one where the conquest *cap* increases to match the weeks you missed. So if it is 1000 conquest a week, and you miss weeks 1, 2 and 3, your fourth week conquest cap will be 4000.
    I know all this. I guess I wasn't clear enough. Yes, there are several ways of getting gear, one of them is this new conquest bar. Yes, there is conquest catchup for it, too.

My point is that this new conquest bar is completely different from what was called conquest before. And that this new conquest catchup - while it allows filling the new bar more often if you come mid-season or skip a couple of weeks - has a completely different effect from what was called conquest catchup before. It tries to do a similar function but fails, it leaves you undergeared and you are quite likely better off just doing PVE.
    Last edited by rda; 2018-05-23 at 03:55 PM.

Unless Conquest is available outside of rated play, this will chnage nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Unless Conquest is available outside of rated play, this will chnage nothing.
    It is available outside of rated play. IIRC at least they datamined conquest rewards from WPVP objectives.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I know all this. I guess I wasn't clear enough. Yes, there are several ways of getting gear, one of them is this new conquest bar. Yes, there is conquest catchup for it, too.

My point is that this new conquest bar is completely different from what was called conquest before. And that this new conquest catchup - while it allows filling the new bar more often if you come mid-season or skip a couple of weeks - has a completely different effect from what was called conquest catchup before. It tries to do a similar function but fails, it leaves you undergeared and you are quite likely better off just doing PVE.
    Missing the bigger picture. You will not be *undergeared* in pvp anymore. Right now the rough plan is to scale everyone to the same ilvl. The customization comes from choosing your stats instead of just pumping ilvl at all costs to get that extra 4% damage. The conquest system is not the same sure, but the purpose of it is to take the randomness out of the sets and give people a clear objective to work towards. So you still get the *fun* of the random pieces, but you are guaranteed to complete the set if you work at it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ixirar View Post
    It is available outside of rated play. IIRC at least they datamined conquest rewards from WPVP objectives.
    They said that it will have mechanisms outside of rated play. Most likely like the old system where you got some conquest for the first random BG of the day, etc. I would expect some from the pvp islands and some from warmode stuff, but I would wager most people will get their welfare conquest the same way they always did. Doing 2v2 arena for cap each week with a random person from finder.

https://youtu.be/AUik9-2ygS8?t=2455

That is where he talks about scaling.

The scaling was that they want trinkets, etc to be a thing in pvp again but they want to use the outdoor zone level scaling tech and apply it to items. So I might be ilvl 500 but if current pvp scaling is 300 then I have all my gear and stats just scaled down to 300 and everyone else scaled up to 300. So I still get to choose if I want to stack mastery or haste or whatever, but the field is leveled.
    The above is wrong, by the way. Or maybe it's the timestamp that is wrong and points to a similar but different section than the one you wanted.

What you describe is a cap. What Ion talks about is scaling. With the cap, past certain point everyone is even, they aren't doing that. That's the whole point. (In your example, actually, everyone is even whatever gear he has, they are certainly not doing that, but that's not important, I understand that it's just an example.) They are doing scaling instead. And scaling is bad because (a) you can never catch up, and because (b) PVE becomes unequivocally better as with shared gear, it constantly outpaces PVP in terms of the ilvl (when it doesn't, Blizzard fix it, this cannot be worked around).

- - - Updated - - -

Missing the bigger picture. You will not be *undergeared* in pvp anymore. Right now the rough plan is to scale everyone to the same ilvl.
    Where specifically did they say that the rough plan is to scale everyone to the same ilvl? All I see is mushy talk about scaling the difference so that there is still some difference, but it is not too large. We had the exact same talk entering Legion. The exact same words and the exact same idea. Yes, tons of players also bought it and thought that this will make things equal bla bla bla. This didn't happen.

Is there an actual change here that they said they are going to do, with specifics? Because I don't see it so far, all I see is them reiterating what they have already been saying for Legion, and the scarce specifics coincide with what happens now.
    Last edited by rda; 2018-05-23 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oopsmezedya View Post
    Seems that all alliance will be in the 40 man queue cause its easy wins for them because only horde bots are even in them, queue's for WSG will be insane, finally a way for alliance to farm honor even with their trash racials but bad for horde
    There seem to be hype for WPvP in the beta right now but a lot of broken things are in the way of making this happen correctly. I think people want to participate and do stuff but it's not working correctly or something. I don't know about BGs, I don't even understand why anyone would care about BGs either.

It only takes one group of people to start world pvp wars. Get a group of people and start camping kids as you level, they will return the favor, and the pvp will naturally grow from there. I think the war mode buffs are a great addition. The only thing holding back pvp right now is the stupid design choice of giving every single class in the game 15 gap closers, ccs, and heals. But take that shit away and most of you would cry. But you can't have your cake and eat it too. Pvp wont get better without even more pruning of class utility. Mages should not be able to fucking blink twice, frost nova, sheep, while constantly slowing you and hitting you with insta cast ice lances the entire time while they just jump around like a scrub. Why do warriors have so many gap closers? WHY can rogues fucking heal?

You give all these classes so much utility and they've lost all identity. You can't juke out a spell like you could back in the pvp days. You juke out one pummel from a warrior, he'll just fucking stun you. Juke out a warrior back in the day, theyll have to get out of range for an intercept stun. In other words, they dumbed it down for the idiots. A warrior sitting in CC all day cuz he has no gap closers isnt balanced either. Thats why maybe he should be paired up with classes that offer dispels and or anti-cc. Except EVERY class has those like what the fuck. Prune the utility of these classes. People don't like the word "prune" but let's be honest, theyre deleting spells left and right, theres no reason some of these classes should have as much utility as they do in PVP situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    There seem to be hype for WPvP in the beta right now but a lot of broken things are in the way of making this happen correctly. I think people want to participate and do stuff but it's not working correctly or something. I don't know about BGs, I don't even understand why anyone would care about BGs either.
    BG's were what was fun for me with pvp (being on pve server). But you're right horde would bot tons to the tune of 50% many times of those that q'd into a bg. That killed bg's for me. I was burnt out on arena. And being on a pve server/pve guild, its damn hard to find rated bg groups in a reasonable amount of time, especially if you aren't a meta class/spec. So.. move on from wow pvp I guess. That's what I did.

I'm interested in coming back to pvp heal again. No more pve/pvp designated servers, in game communities to help find people to rated bg with, and account prestige has me willing to give it a chance.

Island expeditions pvp mode could be fun but i'm a bit worried about low mobility classes/specs being disadvantaged there.
    Last edited by chakley; 2018-05-23 at 06:24 PM.

Deleted
    nerf the fucking monks

Unless Warmode turns itself off the moment 2+ people attack me, i will only consider it as a Gankmode.