Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So, question...what talent builds are you all using? Primarily for dungeons....

I have tried two different builds. The first was Eradication -->Reverse Entropy-->Fire and Brimstone-->Roaring Blaze-->Channel Demonfire. It felt alright but the more I played with Flashover, the more I liked the second build which was Flashover -->Reverse Entropy-->Fire and Brimstone-->Roaring Blaze-->Soul Conduit. I have not messed with Destro as much as Demo as of late, but do feel they are both pretty competitive. I think I actually have a Destro video or two on my channel if you want to take a look. I think that they both will be receiving some kind of "tuning" (meaning a nerf) in the next tuning pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dungeons I do Eradication, Reverese, Cata, Supremacy and Dark Soul.

Dark Soul + Cata is surprisingly powerful on trash packs - seems like Cata damage was buffed overall - it it crits it does more damage than CB and if it doesn't - more damage than crit Conflag and it has obvious ST function too on top of that.

As a whole with current numbers - F&B at 40% and nerfed shard generation, I think Cata is better overall. Naturally take this with grain of salt, it's pure feelscraft.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2018-05-20 at 02:12 AM.

For PvP, kiting with dimensional rift was really fun I wonder why they didn't bake it into the talent tree or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Depends on what you're asking.

Mechanically its basically exactly the same as live sans life tap and rifts.

If we're just talking about numbers then time will tell.
    Actually im looking forward to play best warclock spec depending on encounters and raid needs. If demo will be the best - so be it. I dont like demo because of its mechanics and gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalamazi View Post
    I have tried two different builds. The first was Eradication -->Reverse Entropy-->Fire and Brimstone-->Roaring Blaze-->Channel Demonfire. It felt alright but the more I played with Flashover, the more I liked the second build which was Flashover -->Reverse Entropy-->Fire and Brimstone-->Roaring Blaze-->Soul Conduit. I have not messed with Destro as much as Demo as of late, but do feel they are both pretty competitive. I think I actually have a Destro video or two on my channel if you want to take a look. I think that they both will be receiving some kind of "tuning" (meaning a nerf) in the next tuning pass.
    Thanks!!! I'll check it out!!!

Destro really needs 1-2 interesting new active skills in the talent tree. I think affliction was made a lot more interesting with nightfall procs, death bolt, vile taint and gaining the darkglare. Those are new abilities that actually change gameplay a bit and make the spec feel somewhat new and shiny. It's really kind of disappointing that destro has ZERO new talent mechanics. Everything is either passive damage, or an active ability with just damage and no attached effects. Surely they can do better than that?

I've been taking Channel Demonfire on beta simply for another button to press. No clue of it's the best talent but it's something more to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    I've been taking Channel Demonfire on beta simply for another button to press. No clue of it's the best talent but it's something more to do.
    Yeah, it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Imawizardxd View Post
    Yeah, it is.
    I’m pretty bummed CDF didnt just becomes baseline and get a new animation as well. It’s always appeared
    Somewhat weak to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhiosis View Post
    I’m pretty bummed CDF didnt just becomes baseline and get a new animation as well. It’s always appeared
    Somewhat weak to me.
    the graphic is weak? or the damage? cause if its the latter then thats incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by garonne View Post
    the graphic is weak? or the damage? cause if its the latter then thats incorrect.
    Graphics. Small little globules look lame. I honestly really liked the green infernal rain that some Legion Invasion bosses had and I think the spell should more closely mimick that.

Or change it to a Fel Barrage like the Jailor demon in VoW does.

Quote Originally Posted by garonne View Post
    The graphic. It reminds me of playful fireworks or something. I have a vision of what I feel it should be but it's hard to describe.

They did update the graphic a bit. The blobs are a bit larger and they are definitely more all over the place.

I love the green light the Chaos Bolt emits when traveling. One of the best thing on the new animation. Trumps the old model where it was just the bolt itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    They did update the graphic a bit. The blobs are a bit larger and they are definitely more all over the place.
    Oh really? Funny you mention that, I had initially *thought* it looked a bit beefier, but then figured it was just my imagination. I'd still like more adjustments to it. I'm learning the older I get, I'm just never happy

is bfa destro mastery same as live?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Graphics. Small little globules look lame. I honestly really liked the green infernal rain that some Legion Invasion bosses had and I think the spell should more closely mimick that.

Or change it to a Fel Barrage like the Jailor demon in VoW does.
    Gul'Dan's Fel Efflux would be pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Gul'Dan's Fel Efflux would be pretty nice.
    oh man, don't stir longings in us that will never be fulfilled. can you imagine: 4 shards spender fel efflux, hits everything in it's path and immolates them. for once we could pull additional stuff like hunters and moonkins usually do

Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    is bfa destro mastery same as live?
    Unchanged.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.