Poll: Who burned down Teldrassil?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    really? cool. still waiting for full context and not teasers then.
    Yeah. I mean, you must have a really high opinion of Anduin's peace loving nature if you think even he would meet up with Sylvanas normally and discuss about the Gathering even after what happened at Teldrassil Anduin loves peace, but he isn't a punching bag all the time.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    You don't get it wrong with a datamined broadcast text - it's pretty much just copy and paste. Although, it's true that it could be an updated line. However, the meaning of "take" and "capture" isn't quite different from each other in this case, so I'm not sure what's the reason for the change (other than some mere miscommunication during the recording session).

I doubt the meme is true, though. Blizzard can, and do update their data (after all, that's why it's beta), but as I and others have said, I doubt they have so much spare resources to waste on an intentionally fake build.
    Well, we can speculate all day on why they got it wrong - but it IS wrong, that's all that really matters. If it really is supposed to be "destroy" then I imagine this line will get revoiced at some point because it's a pretty significant difference. Until then, this is the most recent line we've been given and it's voiced which makes it more relevant, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Yeah. I mean, you must have a really high opinion of Anduin's peace loving nature if you think even he would meet up with Sylvanas normally and discuss about the Gathering even after what happened at Teldrassil Anduin loves peace, but he isn't a punching bag all the time.
    I would suggest rereading some posts... you may have missed the point.

I've said ever since we first found out about the tree burning, that it's most likely Genn or Old God minions/Druids of the Flame. It's looking like it's no longer Genn, unless Christie Golden isn't matching his personality to the game and with a new model for that Shannox, I'm thinking Fireland minions loyal to the Old Gods is going to be the cause.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    https://youtu.be/4SD6iTKfhLo?t=1121
    Sylvanas wished to capture Teldrassil to end the war before it even began by massacring all of leaders in one glorious day for the Horde to inflict a wound that would bleed the Alliance dry of its morale.

It would seem Sylvanas never intended to burn down the tree but capture it. Which means
    A: She or someone else accidentally burned it down.
    B: Someone of the Alliance wished it to be burned.

TLDR:
    Sylvanas tried to avoid BfA by CAPTURING Teldrassil and killing Tyrande, Shandris and Malfurion.
    Just because she did not intend to burn the tree, doesn't mean she is not the one who who did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    Just because she did not intend to burn the tree, doesn't mean she is not the one who who did it.
    that's been a major point of controversy at this point. it's not known who did it only that it will burn. they're being tight lipped as to who is ultimately responsible and we likely won't know for sure for at least another month or so.

So, as far as we know... no one know's who's responsible and it's mostly people's bias really leading them on.

7+ Year Old Account
    https://youtu.be/4SD6iTKfhLo?t=1121
    Sylvanas wished to capture Teldrassil to end the war before it even began by massacring all of leaders in one glorious day for the Horde to inflict a wound that would bleed the Alliance dry of its morale.

It would seem Sylvanas never intended to burn down the tree but capture it. Which means
    A: She or someone else accidentally burned it down.
    B: Someone of the Alliance wished it to be burned.

TLDR:
    Sylvanas tried to avoid BfA by CAPTURING Teldrassil and killing Tyrande, Shandris and Malfurion.
    Still means she coud have done it, just that it was not her original intetion.
    ashe could have been forced to burn it down, her intention could have been to capture but the alliance put on more of a fight then she thought and then she was forced to do so.
    Because there is voicelines of her there at teldrassil saying she wished to test their azerite weapon.

So my hypothesis is
    She goes intenteding to take teldrassil, the whole vaurok thing happens, she gets super angry and notices they are starting to lose, so she calls for the weapon to be used, tree lights ablaze, they retreat.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    TLDR:
    "I didn't want to burn down the tree, just kill everyone including these faction leaders. I'm the real victim here!".

Sylvanas at her trial, probably.

7+ Year Old Account
    that's been a major point of controversy at this point. it's not known who did it only that it will burn. they're being tight lipped as to who is ultimately responsible and we likely won't know for sure for at least another month or so.

So, as far as we know... no one know's who's responsible and it's mostly people's bias really leading them on.
    Except the datamined voice lines of her talking about her azerite weapon she wishes to try out.

- - - Updated - - -

I would suggest rereading some posts... you may have missed the point.
    I think you missed the point actually.

I wont spoil much for you but i will give you a summery to correct abit what you have is wrong.

Anduin and Sylvanas want to set something up to try and start peace between the factions just once though.
    a member of the alliance does something kind and good, but stupid.
    Sylvanas does something i mean... Within her power, but insanely evil, power abusing and hateful
    then teldrassil happens.
    So the dude was joking that he doesent think anduin would be willing to try and make peace after sylvanas burns down the tree

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    "I didn't want to burn down the tree, just kill everyone including these faction leaders. I'm the real victim here!".

Yeah... "I didnt want to burn down the tree i just wanted to slaughter the alliance and all its civilians"
    doesent really make you innocent...

TLDR:
    Yes. Because that would totally make sure that Alliance will sign a treat.
    Anyway... as if she had a chance of killing Malfurion, Turande and Shandris.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yeah... "I didnt want to burn down the tree i just wanted to slaughter the alliance and all its civilians"
    doesent really make you innocent...
    This is just wrong on so many levels I don't know what writers are smoking right now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Yes. Because that would totally make sure that Alliance will sign a treat.
    Anyway... as if she had a chance of killing Malfurion, Turande and Shandris.

This is just wrong on so many levels I don't know what writers are smoking right now.
    Have you done the teldrassil scenario yet btw?

Have you done the teldrassil scenario yet btw?
    Nope, just saw videos on YT. Up to the point where Sylvanas yell "There will be no running away next time we meet!" while she was running away.
    The wisp wall.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Nope, just saw videos on YT. Up to the point where Sylvanas yell "There will be no running away next time we meet!" while she was running away.
    The wisp wall.
    yeah the wisp stuff is really fucked, blizzard says "Hordei s not evil" then does that shit...

yeah the wisp stuff is really fucked, blizzard says "Hordei s not evil" then does that shit...
    You know you're evil/bad when even wisps attack you.

(or Archimonde)

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaina did it.

Seriously. If blizzard hoped to have any consistency to her character, given how in the latest comic of her she's still bitching about how savage and evil the horde is, if she's still this jaded over everything, even against the horde who fought back against garrosh, then having her going so far off the rails she'd start a war with intent to make it look like sylvanas burned down teldrassil, that would be an amazing twist, and also finally end this fucking yo-yoing of her personality.

The again it could have been Genn for same reasons.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2018-05-25 at 09:36 AM.
    #boycottchina

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Jaina did it.

Seriously. If blizzard hoped to have any consistency to her character, given how in the latest comic of her she's still bitching about how savage and evil the horde is, if she's still this jaded over everything, even against the horde who fought back against garrosh, then having her going so far off the rails she'd start a war with intent to make it look like sylvanas burned down teldrassil, that would be an amazing twist, and also finally end this fucking yo-yoing of her personality.
    Jaina is no where near it, and has never been a good enough fire mage to do something like that.
    but no, sylvbanasd wants to try out her new shiney azerite.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    The inside job/someone in the shadows theories are so ridiculous when the amount of subtlety lent to the Azerite aesthetic on how the tree looks when burning is comparable to a sledgehammer to a geriatric's knee.

It's an accident and it's supposed to highlight that Azerite is effectively plutonium. Welcome to the new age of warfare, "I am become Death" something something. This was always the case for anyone paying attention. This is why Sylvanas doesn't immediately go "What the actual fuck was that thing that seemed to come literally out of nowhere," just that she didn't see this particular outcome.

How this is still a mystery is just...WHY.
    It's still not as bad as some "the tree was corrupted and Sylvannas knew it, she's a saviior" kind of theory which is beyond ridiculous.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    It's still not as bad as some "the tree was corrupted and Sylvannas knew it, she's a saviior" kind of theory which is beyond ridiculous.
    Yes that theory isj ust...
    Cause out of anyone the elves themselves would not notice
    and she would not even attempt to tell them, instead deciding to attack.
    also if it was corrupted they would get in and burn the place instead of what actually happens, the mass murder of thousands of civilians.

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    Yes, because if there's one thing we all know Sylvanas cannot stand for it's the corruption and perversion of nature!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Jaina did it.

The again it could have been Genn for same reasons.
    She also asked if Kirin Tor will act against horde if Horde burns World tree way before BfA

“What will it take for you to realize that the Horde will eventually turn on you? They do not understand ‘neutral,’ just as they do not understand ‘diplomacy’ or ‘decency.’ They will flow over Kalimdor, then turn on the Eastern Kingdoms, then come here. Your refusal to stop them will mean that one day soon, Horde will be swarming over Dalaran itself! Please, strike while we still can! We have uprooted the city once—let us do so now. Take it to Orgrimmar. Attack from above while they lie in a drunken stupor, dreaming of conquest! You’ve lost Rhonin and an entire city. Will you act when Teldrassil falls? When they are burning a World Tree?”