Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    How was she abusing the child?

- - - Updated - - -

Which means Disney can do whatever the fuck they want, and parents who want to be bigots, can teach their kids to be bigots.
    Not wanting your kids watch 2 men kiss makes you a bigot? I dont think so. A bigot wants them eradicated, I just want them to be relegated to programming made for other gays so I dont have to watch it. Additionally, Disney has bought 90% of the companies who make animation and kids programming so soon there will be no other option other than to not watch movies at all as kids.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Everyone knew they existed in 1960 too. Its nothing new. The lifestyle shouldnt be promoted though. If the homosexuals want to watch homosexual programming, then they have their own network (LOGO). Most straight parents dont want their kids watching homosexual programming
    I like the pretense that a good chunk of the entertainment industry hasn't always been pretty damn gay.

If your "culture" can't compete then it's time for the dustbin of history, amigo.

10+ Year Old Account
    But you would rather corporations push a political agenda, or try to indoctrinate our kids rather than simply provide a service for money.
    See, the problem here is that Disney is an entertainment company. You're just pearl-clutching because you don't like their entertainment or the themes it deals with.

Well, tough nuts. Don't watch Disney content, then. You're free to do so. When Disney continues to be wildly succesful despite that because basically nobody agrees with you, you lose any credibility when it comes to your complaint.

Your position is no different than someone boycotting Major League Baseball because they let blacks play. It's exactly that level of hateful nonsense. And you'll be treated about as well by history as the segregationists were.

5+ Year Old Account
    I just want them to be relegated to programming made for other gays so I dont have to watch it.
    "Separate but equal" enforced by law. Wow.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Szarala View Post
    This. Wasn't. A. Joke.
    Zan. didn't. say. it. was. a. joke.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Why aren't conservatives up in arms about the budget that Trump pushed? Of course, you are the one who is worried about others, which is why you are so outraged that a gay person is on television. Do you need me to pull up your list of started threads, where you want to ban all those things that you don't like? You seem to be fine with a company employing a racist, but not a gay person... yeah, that's not conservatism.

Seriously, do you actually read what you type?
    I AM outraged at the budget he signed (actually an omnibus bill and not a budget), as was Trump. HE said he will not do it again. If he does, Ill be outraged again

10+ Year Old Account
    She’s blaming meds apparently..... well there goes any free speech argument, and by that I mean fake moral superiority. Act dumb then accept what happens

10+ Year Old Account
    Not wanting your kids watch 2 men kiss makes you a bigot? I dont think so.
    Then you're just obviously wrong, and so deep in your own prejudice that you can't see it for what it is.

Additionally, Disney has bought 90% of the companies who make animation and kids programming so soon there will be no other option other than to not watch movies at all as kids.
    And? That's not Disney's problem. That's your problem. That your intolerance and hatred has left you with almost no programming you're willing to let your kids watch.

So the right wing nutters are trying to get Bill Maher fired by HBO for calling Trump an Orangutan, as if that's remotely equivalent.

These people are pathetic.

Not wanting your kids watch 2 men kiss makes you a bigot? I dont think so. A bigot wants them eradicated, I just want them to be relegated to programming made for other gays so I dont have to watch it. Additionally, Disney has bought 90% of the companies who make animation and kids programming so soon there will be no other option other than to not watch movies at all as kids.
    yes, yes it does make you a bigot. It also makes you a bigot when you seek to ban gay marriage, something you want to do.

If you don't like the programming, don't watch it. Problem solved. Maybe you should stop trying to ban things, just because you don't like them. That's not very conservative of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    See, the problem here is that Disney is an entertainment company. You're just pearl-clutching because you don't like their entertainment or the themes it deals with.

Well, tough nuts. Don't watch Disney content, then. You're free to do so. When Disney continues to be wildly succesful despite that because basically nobody agrees with you, you lose any credibility when it comes to your complaint.

Your position is no different than someone boycotting Major League Baseball because they let blacks play. It's exactly that level of hateful nonsense. And you'll be treated about as well by history as the segregationists were.
    The need to stick to the entertainment and themes that made them the huge company that they are instead of Michael Eisner and now Robert Iger pushing his own political agenda through their content offerings. Like I said Walt Disney would be apoplectic if he knew what they did to his company

I AM outraged at the budget he signed (actually an omnibus bill and not a budget), as was Trump. HE said he will not do it again. If he does, Ill be outraged again
    But he did it this time, why are you not outraged at Trump himself? You seem to want to give him a pass... so sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone knew they existed in 1960 too. Its nothing new. The lifestyle shouldnt be promoted though.
    Aaaand you're back to overt, hateful prejudice.

Why shouldn't the "gay lifestyle" be promoted? It's just as normal as any other "lifestyle". And a hell of a lot healthier and decent than the hateful lifestyle you're professing.

Most straight parents dont want their kids watching homosexual programming
    You're projecting your own hate onto others. You're really not as prevalent as you think.

Which is sort of why pro-gay Disney is still wildly successful.

- - - Updated - - -

The need to stick to the entertainment and themes that made them the huge company that they are instead of Michael Eisner and now Robert Iger pushing his own political agenda through their content offerings. Like I said Walt Disney would be apoplectic if he knew what they did to his company
    Not liking Disney's content means you can turn it off.

If they continue to be successful and your kids want to watch Disney stuff and your hate won't let you let them and that causes your family conflict, well, you're finding out why hate is a toxic influence and why your position is harmful and abusive.

Disney isn't obliged to give hateful parents a "safe hate space" for their kids, to indoctrinate those kids in their hateful values. Which is what you're nonsensically asking for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    She’s blaming meds apparently..... well there goes any free speech argument, and by that I mean fake moral superiority. Act dumb then accept what happens
    I've taken Ambien. Never been compelled to jump on twitter and be a racist.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I've got a bottle of hydrocodone and I'm not saying racist things.

I had some Benadryl the other night, and I'm pretty sure I didn't start spamming racist tweets.

However, I did piss in my bathtub...

7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...r-says-n878551

Makers of ambien throwing shade lol

If you were a true conservative you would CONSERVE our culture instead of promoting change.
    Ridiculous. Reactionaries like yourself have spent more time in the past 36 months debasing American culture and traditions than anything else I've seen in my entire life time.

The undermining of the rule of law and attacks on law enforcement.
    The elimination of the President's moral authority.
    The attacks on effective institutions that liberals and conservatives spent decades building up.

This is the core of our way of life. America as a nation of laws. Of institutions. And you vulgarians, and you personally Orlong, have waged a multipronged assault on it. So you don't get to sit there and accuse me of not acting to "conserve" our culture when the clean-up job of your handiwork is going to take twenty years, at a minimum.

Thankfully you reactionaries are so goddamn incompetent in your assault. We'd be in real trouble if you knew what you were doing. Evidenced by this thread alone, as a tiny example. You don't.

You would have people worry about themselves instead of what other people say or do.
    And in this, you just showed how anti-conservative you are. The core of the conservative movement is in fact, the importance OF THE COMMUNITY.

In fact your strident individualism - what you're expressing here - is more commonly associated with liberalism.

You get this screwed up, because you're uneducated. Because you do not understand the difference between the community ethos (exemplified in true conservatism) and *gasp* the communalism typically associated with the hard left. The thoughts get confused in your head. But they're very different.

In fact, I'm far from convinced you even have formed a coherent thought as to what your political philosophy is except being against things. Are you anti-government? Are you anti-institutions? Because conservatives are not these things by a long shot. Conservatism has a very specific set of ideas about what roles family, the community and society all play in building productive citizens... which has nothing to do with your paranoid and un-American "every man is an island" nonsense here. That's never been conservative. That's been far right wing-nuttery.

It should be just the same as it was in 1980 (even back then African Americans were treated with respect in 99% of the country).
    HA! See above. You don't even know what conservatism was in 1980, or you would not say that. You actually just made my point. 1980s conservatism would have no room for John Birch Society people like yourself. That was an explicit decision that was made, in fact.

But you would rather corporations push a political agenda, or try to indoctrinate our kids rather than simply provide a service for money.
    Nevermind the fact they don't "indoctrinate our kids" (not that I think you have kids), you're basically again taking the statist position of dictating what corporations do.

How leftist of you.

The actual conservative approach, when you do not exemplify, would not seek to take your "they must do what I want" whine... and instead through investment and economic activity encourage competitors that do something different to beat them in the marketplace.

You are a Trumpist though... that's for damn sure. Nice free market cred you got there Orlong.
    *spit*

You would rather people fight and bicker over someone calling someone a name, or assuming everything that happens and is negative to anyone other than a straight white Christian male, is some kind of hateful act rather then just telling jokes.
    It's not a joke. It's a hateful act. The only joke here is that we're over 40 pages in and the likes of you is still somehow trying to climb Mount Everest with a pair of nikes and evangalize how this isn't exactly what it is.

Erik Erikson put this perfectly at the Resurgent.
    https://www.themaven.net/theresurgen...kSwktLWBj0TXg/

I have lots and lots of concerns about social media mobs driving Christians and conservatives off of television. The social media and Buzzfeed backed mob against Chip and Joanna Gaines was an example of this. They had done nothing to deserve it, but were clearly open Christians and Buzzfeed felt compelled to lead a mob against them to destroy their careers unless they yielded in the culture war.

This was not that. Nor was this like the Brendan Eich situation at Mozilla where the social media mob had him chased out of town for giving money to a political campaign they opposed.

This was a woman with a massive platform and a hit television show named after her going on Twitter to compare a black woman to an ape.

If you are going to be mad at anyone, be mad at Roseanne. She used the media to build her up as a Trump supporter and as a meaningful constituent of the center right. Then she handed the media the ammunition to take shots at conservatives. Roseanne was never part of the center-right coalition. She ran for President with Jill Stein as a running mate. She has been a 9/11 truther. She has wished cancer on people who eat at Chick-Fil-A. She is, at best, alt-left, but these days the alt-left and alt-right meet in a circle.
    In fact, in that last bit there.... alt-left meeting alt-right... he has YOU figured out.

A TRUE racist believes that their race is superior over all others. Someone telling a joke about a black person doesnt make them a racist, they are just being mean at worst. Some of the funniest jokes told involve a particular type of person (Blondes, Blacks, Polocks, Disabled, Gay, etc...) Its called have a laugh and move on.
    Yeah. That's not how this works. That's not how anything works, far-right-cum-lefty. Us decent Americans got a different opinion on the matter.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2018-05-30 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    So the right wing nutters are trying to get Bill Maher fired by HBO for calling Trump an Orangutan, as if that's remotely equivalent.

These people are pathetic.
    Bill Maher did get fired by ABC in 2002 for his 9/11 comments. Roseanne knew that public television studios will drop your show if you create a public spectacle, but she just couldn't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    "Racism is not a side effect to Ambien" -maker of Ambien

https://twitter.com/SanofiUS/status/1001824999496404992