Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    They could do that though have a new engine and keep the old option in as option for old school i suggested something like this on blizzards forum about the current ui and the soon to be new ui in bfa they should keep the old ui as an option
    No, they could not. That’s not how game engines work. Doing a wholesale change to a completely different engine would require virtually a ground up rewrite of every line of code.
    Beta Club Brosquad

@Dartz1979
    If you want "hyper realistic" graphics, maybe you should play a different game?

"Bless" might be a option for you

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm all good with wow someone has to keep jaina and sylvanas protected
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpellCleave View Post
    Hahaha. No, that isn't how this works. They can make the graphical changes in their own engine by upgrading it. They have built, and added to their own engine, since day one.

Attempting to move WoW to Unreal would be a disaster. Also, it would not be an "upgrade." Unreal is not the king of game engines. It's wonderful yes, I'm learning to use it right now. Creating a proprietary engine, which is what Blizz has done, can be very beneficial. Their engine as is can handle updated graphics. As I assume you mean old textures being upgraded.

If you mean changing from the current graphical aesthetic, then fuck no. That's how wow was made to look.
    Unreal isn't an MMO engine. The OP doesn't understand that there is a lot more to the "engine" than how the graphics are rendered.

They don't need to make a WoW2 they just need to upgrade the graphics engine to unreal engine or the one below it which 7 days to die currently uses which they are upgrading to unreal engine in it's end alpha phase anyways back to the point.. As we all know world of warcraft stopped supporting older systems so since most people using newer computers and what not don't we all think it's time they need to upgrade the engine on to par of today's era of computers?
    There is no ''old'' and ''new'' graphics, there are games coming out in 2018 with the style of 1980's like Bloodstained Curse of the Moon

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't need to make a WoW2 they just need to upgrade the graphics engine to unreal engine or the one below it which 7 days to die currently uses which they are upgrading to unreal engine in it's end alpha phase anyways back to the point.. As we all know world of warcraft stopped supporting older systems so since most people using newer computers and what not don't we all think it's time they need to upgrade the engine on to par of today's era of computers?
    Because you totally went around and asked 'most' people what kind of computers they have, yes?

WoW's graphic style isn't going anywhere, nor does it need to go anywhere. If you want 'realistic graphix' go play Witcher 3.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2018-05-31 at 06:11 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

"Just move wow to unreal engine".

This ludicrous notion aside, WoW has it's own art style that I quite like... And Blizzards general direction is choosing a timeless art style that can run on various levels of machine (see overwatch & heroes). They don't need realistic graphics.

the engine's fine. but they need to update the game to legion+ level graphics.

update those wretched old 2004 models that are still in the game for some reason.

WoW is unique for its graphics, which doesn't need to be changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    because it looks still really good
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    What do you mean with "old graphics"? The cartoon look? Because that is here to stay and couldn't be recreated with unreal.
    That's factually untrue.

Why: I work with Unreal every day as a 3D artist who loves to play with the shaders. The cartoonish look from WoW is a mix of hand-painted texture mostly done in Zbrush - everything else, like outlines (shaders with vertex offsets) or other visual FX are sprites or texture maps with dynamic shader overlapped masks that gives it that specific stylish look. All can be done in Unreal without any issues.

With that said, people assume that Unreal = better graphics. It's not -- it's just better at rendering textures more accurately. World of Warcraft already has most of the tools necessary to have great graphics, as BfA show. The game doesn't look old or cheap at all.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the engine's fine. but they need to update the game to legion+ level graphics.

update those wretched old 2004 models that are still in the game for some reason.
    There's only a smattering of Vanilla models left, at least as far as NPCs go. They've been rapdily updating them in Legion and BfA.

I wonder why.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game owes its longevity to its art style. Even the oldest models in WoW don't look quite as bad as models from the same era in more realistically styled games. I'm not saying they look good, and they're certainly visibly aged, but they've stood the test of time far better than most. Newer models don't necessarily look out of place alongside older ones, even if you can easily spot the quality difference between the two. Maybe one day they'll go back and upgrade older models (in fact, I hope they will) but the semi-cartoony style gives the whole game an ageless, whimsical feel. It could be recreated in other engines, but it doesn't necessarily have to be. It's fine as is, as long as they keep at it with the updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    There's only a smattering of Vanilla models left, at least as far as NPCs go. They've been rapdily updating them in Legion and BfA.

I wonder why.
    i want the gear updated, the npcs, the land itself.

none of it should exist anymore, it's too old and outdated. there's literally lizards made of rock in this expansion that will be higher quality than some of the rock they walk on.

If WoW ever "updated" the graphics to look like ESO, FF14, GW2, or any more realistic game, I'd quit immediately. The cartoony style is what makes WoW timeless and never seem outdated. The most I'd want them to do is make it so armor isn't painted on so we could have decent robes/skirts, but they'd have to do it really well for me to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    If WoW ever "updated" the graphics to look like ESO, FF14, GW2, or any more realistic game, I'd quit immediately. The cartoony style is what makes WoW timeless and never seem outdated. The most I'd want them to do is make it so armor isn't painted on so we could have decent robes/skirts, but they'd have to do it really well for me to like it.
    i hate these "realistically" looking mmo's.. cuz at the end of the day they dont look realistic at all.. if they were actually to make them look more real the game would be unplayable cuz of lag..

also we have to think about other shit that different engine might bring.. gameplay can easily take a hit too, wow has the smoothest gameplay out of any mmo.. or perhaps even any game

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Have you seen the new stuff, like the Arathi Warfront? It's fucking gorgeous.

Yes, upgrade WoW to the unreal engine and make it look like every other mmorpg out there.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    The cartoony/stylized look is here to stay and honestly, things look better then ever. I mean yeah the difference between Vanilla areas/Cata areas compared to Mist and WoD and Legion are very jarring but it doesn't age nearly as bad as a realistic looking one. Sure Azeroth would look pretty good in Unreal but...it doesn't need to cause Blizzard can make it pretty and stay the same art style.

At best I wish they'd be more friendly with more then one thread(CPU thingie).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi