Thread: [TV] Westworld

Page 46 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Thats the dream right? Immortality, or at least the idea of it. Why else would the higher ups be waiting for peter abernathy and not helping clean up the mess/deaths/lawsuits.

What do the hosts have over humans?

I assumed with William, hes just a ruthless dude from his experience and time in the park finding his true self so he found it quite easy in the real world to be determined to take over the company and invest in westworld to get a mad customer discount and live in the park and ignore his life in the real world outside of delos so his wife ended up depressed and his daughter kinda hates him.
    Which is what I was trying to get at: investing in immortality is just a farce so William can do as he pleases. He kept that dream of creating immortality alive in Delos so he could bait the investors and higher ups of Delos. As for Ford, he clearly had no intention to share it with anyone.

I think the point will eventually be that humanhost matching will never happen because the human mind is stuck to loops like Ford mentioned. He had to become something else to enter the hive mind. What that is exactly... well.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Which is what I was trying to get at: investing in immortality is just a farce so William can do as he pleases. He kept that dream of creating immortality alive in Delos so he could bait the investors and higher ups of Delos. As for Ford, he clearly had no intention to share it with anyone.

I think the point will eventually be that humanhost matching will never happen because the human mind is stuck to loops like Ford mentioned. He had to become something else to enter the hive mind. What that is exactly... well.
    But why would william try hundreds of times or whatever the number was? Delos was already dead and he had taken over the company by then. He could go on with that to fool the investors I guess but it genuinely looked like he was trying and then at his wits end when it failed for the 143th time

Plus the park is successful its not like he needs to come up with an elaborate scam to keep the investors happy

And if ford did succeed then the tests werent for nothing. Which is looking likely, its the only thing that makes sense with the boy host at the start with the fucked up voice and where the original thoughts in the core are coming from

Deleted
    But why would william try hundreds of times or whatever the number was? Delos was already dead and he had taken over the company by then. He could go on with that to fool the investors I guess but it genuinely looked like he was trying and then at his wits end when it failed for the 143th time

Plus the park is successful its not like he needs to come up with an elaborate scam to keep the investors happy

And if ford did succeed then the tests werent for nothing. Which is looking likely, its the only thing that makes sense with the boy host at the start with the fucked up voice and where the original thoughts in the core are coming from
    He was dead, but how do we know other people knew? I imagine the higher ups did, and wanted him back to keep profits high as they were under him. Idk why William kept trying, but the fact he baited his daughter into thinking he was going home with her and then be gone next thing in the morning might be an indication he stopped giving a fuck completely about the outside world after his wife died and his daughter hated him for it.

I don't recall saying the tests were for nothing. It's what they specifically hinted at the end of episode 4.

But then again, this is just speculation and a little strawgrasping.

maybe he was using delos as a prototype for himself one day, but changed his mind when he grew older, or maybe he hated the guy and when they finally achieved what they wanted he just let him rot in his prison.

It's fucking awesome to see Ford back! Some deep layer shit we've got going here and its awesome !!

I seem to understand everything perfectly, hell I absolute LOVE season 2!! There is 1 thing I simply cannot seem to understand and that is..

Is the park a real place? Is it physical place. I'm believed to be 50/50 .. Why?

We got the western theme world, then the Raj world and then the Samurai world. In the samurai world there is Ice, snow, frost = the temperature is NOT what you would expect in a western wild west world. Or am I totally wrong here?

Is "Westworld" - the park a REAL place or VR world?

Remember that Maeve and Co. gets to the samurai world by foot! How can it be a real place by that since there is such a huge gap in temperatures? Westworld and the Raj world seems to be connected but the samurai World???

Ohh and also.. If its a real place, what is stopping the public from entering this place- unless its like Area 51, trespassers will be shot on sight

Someone please help me out here lol! I'm losing my mind!

Yeah the park is an actual place, like the valleys and shit are real. That's the main appeal of the park, that it is NOT VR. You can actually kill stuff with your bare hands.

They mentioned climate control, so I am guessing that each park has its own climate, and yes, they must be restricted to outsiders by some invisible force field fence. It's not far fetched.

The question remains if mount Fuji is actually projected or it's actually recreated. They do seem to have the tech to manipulate terrains and climate. Atleast Ford was seen multiple times overseeing some terrain changes.

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    Yeah the park is an actual place, like the valleys and shit are real. That's the main appeal of the park, that it is NOT VR. You can actually kill stuff with your bare hands.

They mentioned climate control, so I am guessing that each park has its own climate, and yes, they must be restricted to outsiders by some invisible force field fence. It's not far fetched.

The question remains if mount Fuji is actually projected or it's actually recreated. They do seem to have the tech to manipulate terrains and climate. Atleast Ford was seen multiple times overseeing some terrain changes.
    Thank you very much for this! Sadly I missed the climate control :/ But thanks for the info! Really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    It's fucking awesome to see Ford back! Some deep layer shit we've got going here and its awesome !!

I seem to understand everything perfectly, hell I absolute LOVE season 2!! There is 1 thing I simply cannot seem to understand and that is..

Is the park a real place? Is it physical place. I'm believed to be 50/50 .. Why?

We got the western theme world, then the Raj world and then the Samurai world. In the samurai world there is Ice, snow, frost = the temperature is NOT what you would expect in a western wild west world. Or am I totally wrong here?

Remember that Maeve and Co. gets to the samurai world by foot! How can it be a real place by that since there is such a huge gap in temperatures? Westworld and the Raj world seems to be connected but the samurai World???

Ohh and also.. If its a real place, what is stopping the public from entering this place- unless its like Area 51, trespassers will be shot on sight

Based on the last episode, I'd say it's 50/50 as well. The guests have a fully built, real world to explore and interact with the hosts, but the hosts also have a fully digital recreation of the world, which I assume is so that it can self-adjust based on what changes the guests make to the stories. With Ford being in this digital world (I'd guess he was the consciousness created by Bernard in that hidden Delos station where Elsie was), I think he's using his knowledge to keep this digital world running normally which is why the Delos strike team is reporting that there's nothing wrong with the hosts programming; and is also the one reacting and blocking their hacking attempts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dolores is really annoying. I fast forward a lot of her scenes. Some are good, most are bad.
    In my opinion one of the worst written characters I've seen in a high-quality tv show. Maybe some people disagree but for some reason, she is very annoying for me to watch.
    Which is weird as Teddy is actually not a bad character and quite likable. Dolores... not so, not even the actress is attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Dolores is really annoying. I fast forward a lot of her scenes. Some are good, most are bad.
    In my opinion one of the worst written characters I've seen in a high-quality tv show. Maybe some people disagree but for some reason, she is very annoying for me to watch.
    Which is weird as Teddy is actually not a bad character and quite likable. Dolores... not so, not even the actress is attractive.
    Lets not get crazy now, if Evan Rachel Wood is not attractive then who the hell is?!?!?

Her character has seemed a bit more one dimensional this season compared to her story last season. Shes still the oldest host in the park though shes been raped and killed for so many years and she just got let off the reins, its understandable shes a bit over the top bringing the punishment

but I think her seeing the change is Teddy is gonna make her question things IMO

She's hot but her hair this season looks like a rat's nest.

I am disappointed in her arc this season. Her best parts were in flashbacks. I will reserve judgment on what she did with Teddy until I find out how he things go

10+ Year Old Account
    This show is so off the rails I don't even know where to start. Severely disappointed after how much I loved season 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    I cant agree with everything but I can agree that Dolores is extremely annoying. Not sure that intended or not but I don't remember her being as irritating during the first season. Some of its the personality of the character, which is fine because you need unlikable characters in a story. They other part is how she is portrayed, every scene its her whispering, SPEAK UP DAMMIT!

I find it interesting that some people route for her though. Its seems like she is meant to be a villain. Maybe not a villain but a tragic character in that she was once noble but has sunken into a dark place.

Team Maeve, Team Black Hat all day. Except Maive really needs to let that one human go (I'm bad with names). The writer who keeps trying to betray her every chance he gets.

Knew Ford wasn't dead!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    Dolores killing the tech guy ( which could rez fallen hosts on the spot ) was kinda dumb now that i think about it.
    I'm nearly convinced that Dolores is supposed to crazy or evil.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2018-05-31 at 02:32 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post

I'm nearly convinced that Dolores is supposed to crazy or evil.
    She is supposed to be crazy/discovering herself. Why does no one except me mention shes the oldest host in the park. Its quite an important factor for her character

Also she was in a mid level sweetwater mission not far off into the park. She would have been used and abused more than anyone

10+ Year Old Account
    She is supposed to be crazy/discovering herself. Why does no one except me mention shes the oldest host in the park. Its quite an important factor for her character

Also she was in a mid level sweetwater mission not far off into the park. She would have been used and abused more than anyone
    For sure, you just might be the one of few who brings that up but not without reason.
    I'm not sure they really talked about her the oldest this season, which is why people might forget about it. They should've referenced that more instead of the sweet/innocent/curious angle to put some more weight behind her crazy.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    This show is so off the rails I don't even know where to start. Severely disappointed after how much I loved season 1.
    They did the good ol bigger and better and more convoluted. They should have cut the show to three to four seasons and done a slow burn, exploring the other parks before everything went to shit. It's just terrible now.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I am with ya 100% on this. I don't care for this season at all. I shut it off halfway through the previous episode and haven't cared to finish it and catch up. :/

So. Much. Plot. Armor.

That shit got old after like 3rd time they teased a major character death just to be saved in the last second.....
    R.I.P Sexbots

Yeah the plot armor was coming in heavvvvy this episode. Still enjoyed the ep though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post

I didn't watch the last episode yet but weren't quests changing clothes before going in there? I doubt it isn't physical