Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    What do you think? Does historical accuracy in games matter or is SJW appeasement and cosmetic options more important?
    none of it matters so long as you can act the exact same way as the people you constantly complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Dude is in the middle of a fucking warzone, how the fuck do yall know if his shirt didnt get ruined by mortor fire, or somthing he ran into in combat, if he was sleeping or trying to wash it and it got shelled, lit on fire or is full of fucking holes and he had to leave it behind. If his shit got ruined its not exactly like he could walk into a fucking store and get a new military issue coat.
    ...did you even read what i wrote. THAT IS WHAT I AM SAYING.

I am saying it can have a 1001 reasons why they look like they do. Making it about SJW etc is BS :S:S:S:S...lol read it next time please.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    It's a video game.
    It's a poor piece of art then. A product of lesser intelligence. The designers thought it would be cool. It is not cool, it is laughable.

I seriously CANNOT BELIEVE you fuckers are making me agree with Elba.. I hate you guys so much...

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    But she is women, she can do with one arm what men cant do with 2.
    Mate it has nothing to do with gender. There are plenty of man with some ridiculous arm in other games. The presence of women also doesn't bother me. The problem here is general art direction, which is far off.

It's a prosthesis. It looks exactly like prosthesis of that time.
    Even modern prosthesis would be an extreme risk if someone would try and handle firearms with them. The historic model is little more than a couple of hooks with a string attached. There is simply no way that a person with that injury would have been sent to battle, barring some extraordinary circumstance.
    IMO most people are upset not because a woman is portrayed as a front line combatant (though it was a rare, bordering on unique occurrence). After all, there were cases when women served in specialized units as snipers or pilots. But a combination of a woman - front line offensive - prosthesis with functionality way above even current tech is totally bogus. The whole presentation was one blunder after the other. A totally fake pre-rendered scene that is in no way an indication of the game process. Shooting grenades in the air to hit planes with the blast. Crazy Hollywood C class movie stunts and effects, that are pre-rendered on a game engine but clearly have zero to do with actual game play. Even shaking camera... The core of fan's complains concerns waaaaaay more than a woman with a prosthesis. It is the whole immersion that is at stake. A Wolfenstein clone is not something that was expected from the Battlefield series. Especially since developers advertised it to, I quote:
    the lesser known stories of the World War 2
    So unless a developer can show me a real WW2 story with a prosthesis equipped woman, serving a front line duty, kicking ass like a terminator, all the while combat planes that fly 10 feet above the ground are owned by hand grenades that are shot in the air, as well as war painted black soldiers wielding Japanese swords, I would call this the opposite of WW2 immersive environment.
    PS:
    Instead of this:

We seem to be getting this:
    Last edited by Gaaz; 2018-06-03 at 09:44 PM.

if they marketed it as a historically accurate game i'd care... but as a pvp shooter set in a WWII type environment idc. then again i won't be buying it either so..
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Ok, I guess you're out of arguments then.
    What argument is there to have? It's a video game, you colossal dorks.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    ~50% of gamers are female, get over it.
    lol that's complete shit i'd be willing to bet it's far more male gamers than female, if we ignore shit like candy crush being a "gamer" sorry that's not what most people imagine a "gamer" being at that point you're being obtuse and pedantic and not serious.

and then when it comes to shooters i bet it's even more heavily favoured towards males than the normal male to female % of gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    Even modern prosthesis would be an extreme risk if someone would try and handle firearms with them. The historic model is little more than a couple of hooks with a string attached. There is simply no way that a person with that injury would have been sent to battle, barring some extraordinary circumstance.
    IMO most people are upset not because a woman is portrayed as a front line combatant (though it was a rare, bordering on unique occurrence). After all, there were cases when women served in specialized units as snipers or pilots. But a combination of a woman - front line offensive - prosthesis with functionality way above even current tech is totally bogus. The whole presentation was one blunder after the other. A totally fake pre-rendered scene that is in no way an indication of the game process. Shooting grenades in the air to hit planes with the blast. Crazy Hollywood C class movie stunts and effects, that are pre-rendered on a game engine but clearly have zero to do with actual game play. Even shaking camera... The core of fan's complains concerns waaaaaay more than a woman with a prosthesis. It is the whole immersion that is at stake. A Wolfenstein clone is not something that was expected from the Battlefield series. Especially since developers advertised it to, I quote:

So unless a developer can show me a real WW2 story with a prosthesis equipped woman, serving a front line duty, kicking ass like a terminator, all the while combat planes that fly 10 feet above the ground are owned by hand grenades that are shot in the air, as well as war painted black soldiers wielding Japanese swords, I would call this the opposite of WW2 immersive environment.
    PS:
    Instead of this:

We seem to be getting this:
    Again, do you REALLY think that WW2 veterans, including Soviet ones, had an experience remotely similar to a COD match ? I love the illusion amongst fratboys that war is people having kill streaks while firing big virile guns (and not, say, be shelled by guns firing from kilometres away or mowed down by well placed machine guns), but it's not. COD and Battlefield depicts war like people thought war was in early 1914.

Totally accurate drawing of what battlefields looked like in 1915. (only 70 000 casualties in the battle so jovially depicted)
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2018-06-03 at 09:59 PM.

Deleted
    https://twitter.com/PartWelsh/status...17353040437248

Much better reveal trailer. Huge Bad Company vibes

Maybe the reaction would've been significantly different if they used this one instead.
    I only realized how "good" the trailer was after watching this.

The trailer actually shows us so many new features which I ignored in the original version
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2018-06-03 at 10:14 PM.

Gotta love threads like these around the internet.

Game does some nonsense that can easily appeal to a "progressive" phantom market, and the proceeding response becomes SJW label-flinging and retorts of "It's just a game."

Then you get times were people throw tantrum cause there isn't enough representation of X, Y, Z archetypes when some even attempt historical accuracy.

Then you got a handful who thinks Mario and Luigi should come out from behind the "brothers lie" and say they're a couple.

Internet and gaming, everyone.

15+ Year Old Account
    What argument is there to have? It's a video game, you colossal dorks.
    It's a thread about the historical accuracy of the game, which I agree seems to be a bit off. You chose to be here in this thread, your arguments ran out, and now you're resorting to name calling. /shrug
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I couldn't care less about a woman in the game like they have her, since there are a thousand alternate timeline games out there anyways and it isn't some super realistic borderline documentary game that suddenly has General Miss Patton pop up.

But among people I know who like this, none of them were on board with having more/any enemy combatants that are women. They want to play as a kick ass woman killing people but they don't want to kill other women in the same game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Again, do you REALLY think that WW2 veterans, including Soviet ones, had an experience remotely similar to a COD match ? I love the illusion amongst fratboys that war is people having kill streaks while firing big virile guns (and not, say, be shelled by guns firing from kilometres away or mowed down by well placed machine guns), but it's not. COD and Battlefield depicts war like people thought war was in early 1914.

Totally accurate drawing of what battlefields looked like in 1915. (only 70 000 casualties in the battle so jovially depicted)
    No, I don't believe the gameplay portion is anywhere close to historical or realistic, I do however believe it isn't unreasonable at all to want uniforms to look like or at least resemble the real thing in a WW2 themed game, with all the regional variations adapted for different climates included.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post

No game is completely realistic. But it does not mean that Battlefield fans are ok with steampunk and Mad Max themes in the franchise. This was not supposed to be Wolfenstein. It was supposed to be a WW2 story that at least resembles reality. As for kill streaks, Fazal Din, a British soldier killed 3 enemies in actual combat with a trophy katana on 2nd of March 1945 in a matter of seconds, after pulling it out of his own body, and died minutes after. He saved a fellow soldier in the process by killing his attacker (they were struggling on the ground) and even managed to wave the sword in the air for his squad to continue the attack, before walking 30 feet and falling down. That is brutal, horrifying yet epic realism for you. Battlefield 5 however sets a Transformers type narrative - a completely fictional, shallow and unimmersive storytelling. And that is what fans are concerned about.
    Last edited by Gaaz; 2018-06-03 at 10:31 PM.

I don't think they added females to appease the SJW, since the crackdown on lootboxes aswell as the backlash on SW battlefront EA has to look for another way to Nickle and Dime their enduser, i mean "monetize" their playerbase to allow further development.

I bet you, lootboxes will once again be available for a ridiculous amount of ingame currency, aswell as cold hard cash.

But they will mainly be cosmetic, Now.. if the virtual army existed of just male NPC's they would have charcter skins / weaponskins / vehicle skins / random crap.
    By adding female NPC's, they now double the amount of character skins.

Now looking at their attrocious spreadsheat on most games with a 00.1% drop rate on certain items.

They not only have double character skins, but they will be able to further dillute the pool with loads and loads of slight variations.

Only now they have the "guys but what about the female players" excuse to hide behind.

Keep in mind EA aswell as the BF dev's decided "look guys no season pass"
    ( they did mention an early access higher priced version )
    And this is EA we are talking about, the single largest greed machine in the gaming industry.
    Last edited by Reinaerd; 2018-06-03 at 10:32 PM.

Somehow all the "Oh no, its not realistic!" people never complained about Battlefield returning shot/blown up soldiers to perfect fighting form with a pair of defibrillators.

Let me try to explain the issue people have, I was just reminded of this.

After 9/11 a memorial was going to be put up. In REAL LIFE, several white, male fire fighters lifted the American flag over the ruble to boost morals and as a sign of solidarity. It was proposed the memorial depict this moment. However, the SJW crew wanted to make it a white man, a black man, a Hispanic, and squeeze a woman in there somewhere.You know, forced diversity. Thankfully, it was resisted and kept to real life... a bunch of white men.

Now, yes, its a game, and ok, maybe like, one woman dressed up as a man and was on the front line, and ok maybe 0.2% of the COMBAT participants were black. Still, the war in Europe was overwhelmingly white men vs white men. It is very irritating when SJWs want to FORCE diversity on us. Want Diversity in a war game? Remake BF Vietnam. THEN we have whites, blacks, Asians and Hispanics all on the same battlefield. Want women? Well... we have to go fantasy, we have Skyrim... which is SJW as hell, The "best fighter" in the main city is a woman. The mercenary who you can get as a follower in another town is a woman. The kings head of the guard is a female elf... diversity is stuffed down your throat. We have plenty of games that have women and "minorities" in roles of power or combat. Why then, do we need it in a WW2 game?

Next, and you KNOW its true, even the leftist of you: If they made a game depicting an African nation in history, like the Mali or whatever, and made 40% of the characters white, cities would burn. It would be chaos. Diversity only works against white men, and honestly almost never includes Asians (who make up the majority of the planets population) its ALWAYS about adding blacks and women. If diversity were actually... um, diverse, I wouldn't have as big an issue with it.... it would still be dumb, but not as bad at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Somehow all the "Oh no, its not realistic!" people never complained about Battlefield returning shot/blown up soldiers to perfect fighting form with a pair of defibrillators.
    There is a difference between making a game playable and forcing diversity in everywhere it does not belong. If they make a game set in middle ages China I am not going to be sitting there demanding they add white people so I can identify with the game and play.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    Stop using that excuse. It may have been arcadey in controls and gameplay all the time but uniforms, what weapons were in use and such were accurate at least up until a certain point.

I don't care about there being women in the game, that's just silly to complain about. What I do complain about is that none of the soldiers look like this, like they should;

People didn't run around with robot arms or look like they came straight out of the Vietnam war or Rambo, and Battlefield has respected the visual authenticity before so your reasoning that "they have always done it" is wrong.
    It makes it a lot easier to sell microtransactions for the non uniform soldiers. They have to make up a shitload of money somehow since there is no season pass/paid expansions.