Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    I was accosted by an elderly lady in town today and she threatened to call security on me even though she instigated the whole debacle. Thankfully, some young tourists from Egypt stood up for me and chased her down the shop. I wish someone recorded the thing so I could have called the police on her and posted her face over facebook.
    Yeah well that isn't really comparable to filming a drowning and being in the way of rescue workers.. Under no normal circumstance would filming a drowning be seen as a positive, an exception could be if it was someone intentionally drowning another person but then the right thing to do before filming would be to alert the proper authorities.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2018-06-04 at 06:00 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Did someone at least film them filming?
    And we need some reaction videos about reaction videos due to the filiming of the filming
    ...seriously I hate those types of videos

When i was 9 years old my family visited the last time my uncle who had lost the battle against cancer.
    After dinner he collapsed and died 20 minutes later in the ambulance in front of his aparment building.
    My aunt was screaming and the rest of the family was in shock and her screaming attracted the neighbours.
    100-150 people gatherd around us, pointing fingers and laughing at us and not one asked if he could help or even asked whats going on.
    That was the first time i felt hatred against humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Yeah well that isn't really comparable to filming a drowning and being in the way of rescue workers.. Under no normal circumstance would filming a drowning be seen as a positive, an exception could be if it was someone intentionally drowning another person but then the right thing to do before filming would be to alert the proper authorities.
    You're presenting a false dichotomy. You can call and record at the same time or shortly after each other. I wouldn't advise calling the emergency services if there were a lot of bystanders because chances are someone else already did and all you're doing is reporting the same incident which is wasting emergency services time and resources.
    I would personally film someone drowning not because I want views etc but maybe it will help the authorities and/or family take a look at what actually happened. When a building in London burned due to the cheap and combustible cladding last year around this time (we just had a memorial service for it) and 74 people lost their lives countless people recorded it happen on their phones before the firemen/police/media got there. I'm glad they did because some of the videos provided proof of how easily the cladding material of the building spread the fire rapidly which is why the material was illegal for use on high rise buildings. So I actually disagree with you strongly here and would advise anyone and everyone to record all unusual activity as the benefits outweigh the cons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this is the internet generation taking time to record and upload things takes priority over saving a life these days.... gotta get those trendings and hits and likes and retweets
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

You're presenting a false dichotomy. You can call and record at the same time or shortly after each other. I wouldn't advise calling the emergency services if there were a lot of bystanders because chances are someone else already did and all you're doing is reporting the same incident which is wasting emergency services time and resources.
    I would personally film someone drowning not because I want views etc but maybe it will help the authorities and/or family take a look at what actually happened. When a building in London burned due to the cheap and combustible cladding last year around this time (we just had a memorial service for it) and 74 people lost their lives countless people recorded it happen on their phones before the firemen/police/media got there. I'm glad they did because some of the videos provided proof of how easily the cladding material of the building spread the fire rapidly which is why the material was illegal for use on high rise buildings. So I actually disagree with you strongly here and would advise anyone and everyone to record all unusual activity as the benefits outweigh the cons.
    You realize the bolded part is EXACTLY why a number of things don't get reported in time, right?

Gawking I get... it’s human

Filming it though? On your little phones? Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by alduron View Post
    You realize the bolded part is EXACTLY why a number of things don't get reported in time, right?
    Maybe and maybe not. You can't make up hard and fast rules without having the evidence.

Maybe and maybe not. You can't make up hard and fast rules without having the evidence.
    I'm making nothing up, it's called the bystander effect, part of which is that everyone thinks someone else has called for help already and it just gets worse the more people there are.

Bottom line: never assume someone else has called for help already.

yea but... WORLDSTAR!!!!

The bystander effect is a very real thing, the greater the number of people present the greater the chance that no one has alerted the authorities since they all think that someone else has already done it.

You aren't completely making shit up? Riiiight.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2018-06-05 at 12:29 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Calm down, without this we would not have gore sites. Those are a lot of entertainment and a reality check.
    People overreact. Sure it's a problem if they prevent rescuers from saving a life.
    But if they film a dead body? Big fucking deal.

Shit like this makes my blood boil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    When i was 9 years old my family visited the last time my uncle who had lost the battle against cancer.
    After dinner he collapsed and died 20 minutes later in the ambulance in front of his aparment building.
    My aunt was screaming and the rest of the family was in shock and her screaming attracted the neighbours.
    100-150 people gatherd around us, pointing fingers and laughing at us and not one asked if he could help or even asked whats going on.
    That was the first time i felt hatred against humanity.

If you are not jumping in after someone drowning- there is no worse a thing being done by viewing the events from the screen as your eyeballs.

For thousands of years people have seen other people drowning. Not all of such spectators came to a drowning person's rescue or avert their eyes & run in the opposite direction having not jumped in after.

Anxiety over technology in relation to social constructions such as this are often irrational. It's just patting yourself on the back over how awesome a person you think you would be in a given situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya, I never understood the whole filming every event that happens around you.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    that's some clickbait in the title.

They weren't "drowning" they had already drowned. it was a corpse in a lake.

according to the article, he was on the bottom for twenty minutes before anyone noticed.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Sometimes I think it was a mistake to develop devices which can easily be carried with you to record anything you want to.
    The problem is with the mindset of the individual filming, not the tool they are using.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I realize that, but that's only a few of them. The aticle condemns about all who were filming.
    Because it is against the law to film the victims without their consent like this.
    Even the death have rights.