36/36 Mage Tower artifact challenge completions, AMA

Hi MMO-C folks. I just finally finished the last of the Mage Tower artifact challenges, and I feel like being helpful. Ask any mechanical questions or explain any specific problems you're having and maybe I'll have some useful advice!

Deleted
    What a waste of time

Hi, there is already a thread about getting the 36/36 achievement and sharing it with others! https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...s-usual/page40

Why does the tank challenge have absolutely nothing to do with tanking and is really just a DPS check?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JhonnyQ View Post
    What a waste of time
    You jealous you're awful and can't get that sweet mage tower skin you want?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    What was that hardest, and top 5 hardest specs to complete for you OP?

What a waste of time
    Just like your post!

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    Hi, there is already a thread about getting the 36/36 achievement and sharing it with others! https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...s-usual/page40
    Neat! Thanks, I'll just head over there. : )

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    What a waste of time
    I think it’s an awesome accomplishment personally

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    Just want to highlight this reply since this thread really doesn't add anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Why does the tank challenge have absolutely nothing to do with tanking and is really just a DPS check?
    I'd argue it has a couple of things to do with tanking - you have to keep yourself alive (with some help from Velen healing), and you do have to get aggro on the shadowbeast adds so they don't murder your NPC party members. Also, I think that DPS output is a really underrated yet important aspect of tanking as a role.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    What was that hardest, and top 5 hardest specs to complete for you OP?
    The single hardest is hard to pick because I did these with varying gear levels, but it might've been Protection Warrior. Top five hardest in addition to that would probably be Shadow Priest (because I was really bad at using Surrender to Madness), Holy Priest (because I had to teach myself to heal from scratch; it was the first healing challenge I did), Protection Paladin... and the fifth one would most likely have been Affliction Warlock if I hadn't gotten the Sacrolash's Dark Strike legendary ring, but thankfully I did.

I'm gonna go post in https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...s-usual/page40 instead though from here on out, rather than duplicating. If a mod wants to lock/trash/delete this thread, that'd be cool.

What a waste of time
    Well you are playing a game, so pretty much you so is a waste of time then. 36/36 club

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolfor View Post
    Just like your post!

Neat! Thanks, I'll just head over there. : )

- - - Updated - - -

You jealous you're awful and can't get that sweet mage tower skin you want?
    you know its a waste of time, and if you wouldnt have posted here, you wouldnt have gotten any attention because nobody cares and at the end of the day, you know its a waste of time. maybe you should find something in life to chase after instead?

there is no challenge in doing the magetower, since its designed for 920 and you can simply farm 950 and literally outgear it.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I think it’s an awesome accomplishment personally
    its not awesome, its simply a matter of time investment and a no brainer
    its not an accomplishment, just a grind and some grinds aren't impressive, because its just sad that people have nothing else to do
    if you personally think this is something special, guess what: it just means somebody can grind gear to like 950 and read a 20min guide and hit 1-2-3-4 in some not stupid way.

wow.

Fixing the mistakes of bad DPS and Heal is a pretty good representation of tanking.

you know its a waste of time, and if you wouldnt have posted here, you wouldnt have gotten any attention because nobody cares and at the end of the day, you know its a waste of time. maybe you should find something in life to chase after instead?
    Everything in life is pretty much wasted. Why even live in the first place?
    Last edited by Hubbl3; 2018-06-04 at 07:31 PM.

I agree with priest being the hardest, STM useage in a situation where you are switching targets and having to constantly move is a challenge enough. Though if you ever want to learn STM the mage tower challenge is perfect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Closing this thread so as to not duplicate an existing one in the relevant subforum. Head here to continue the discussion.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead