Page 37 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yeah, I think it was intented to be able to interrupt Purgatory but I doubt it was ever intended for you to be able to kill karam in phase 1. Realistically affliction can only do it because t can pump such insane damage in the execute window WHILE having free globals to cast the interrupts.
    Agreed, but that is more a side effect of overgearing than anything else. The bar might be lower than it is for tanks to skip Infernals, but it's kind of the same principle. Also similar to Feral and Unholy insane AoE trivializing the imps in the Agatha challenge. Either way, it's not any easier than it is if you simply have Sacrolash. Affliction with Sacrolash was less challenging than soloing Zandalari Warbringers on my mage back in MoP.

I'm equally baffled when people say this is hard. You have mass CC to interrupt the adds (misery, silence, nova), consume magic has enough range to interrupt Varis outside his void circle, damage is very high on Vengeance, especially AoE, you absorb or heal through any of the damage done, you can glide and use abyssal strike (the second of which is awesome to get out of Kruul's AoE.

Every other tank misses one of the tools Vengeance has. Some don't have a range interrupt and need to waste orbs or get the debuff ticking, some don't have the self-healing, some have no way to counter a knockback, some just don't have the AoE damage. Every spec needs to deal with the encounter in a different manner.
    Not saying it was hard, just not as easy as warrior, dk and paladin, who all 3 had far better tools to deal with and survive the encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    Not saying it was hard, just not as easy as warrior, dk and paladin, who all 3 had far better tools to deal with and survive the encounter.
    With Demon Hunter, I found that it helped greatly to macro all the sigils to be /cast [@ player]. Sure, you are gimping their potential a bit, but it's really annoying to place that shit on the ground while you're constantly moving and turning your camera to keep track of everything, and the mobs will be on top of you most of the time anyway. It's basically like getting half of the Concentrated Sigils talent just from macros.

Pretty productive this cycle, got these done;

Ret Paladin
    Prot Paladin
    Windwalker Monk
    Shadow Priest
    BM Hunter
    Balance Druid
    Affliction Warlock
    Destruction Warlock

which brings the total done to 25, I think 7 more to do of the ones I want.

Imo all targeted area spells should be macro'd /cast [mod:shift, @Player][@cursor]
    Unfortunately I can't use that because I'm already using Shift and Ctrl in combination with other keys just to fill out my rotation and other important abilities (I don't use a gaming mouse), but yeah, it's a better macro if you can pull it off.

Mage Tower has 46% left in NA, how many hours is that? I wanna know if I'll get a chance to finish one more before it's over.

Can you please tell me what was causing the stupid ox to despawn? I never figured it out myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    This please. Too often did that bovid backstab me like this.
    Hehe. As best as I could tell, it was despawning when Variss was paralyzed and it didn't have a secondary target it could go to (i.e. I'd already killed an Eye, and Nether Horrors hadn't spawned yet). When I started summoning Nuizao during the first Nether Horror wave, I didn't have the despawning issue anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iflash View Post
    Mage Tower has 46% left in NA, how many hours is that? I wanna know if I'll get a chance to finish one more before it's over.

If I recall from last night, it was going to end at 6-ish Pacific Time, give or take an hour (meaning I won't be able to get any more attempts on my 36th spec until next time (boo hoo)).
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    After getting another 7 done this time I think I've come to the realization I am probably not going to get all 36 done. Spent an hour on fury and could not get her below 60%. Spent an hour on holy priest and got out of phase 1 once. Spent an hour on sub and could not kill all 3 adds consistently despite phase 1 being a snooze fest at 940 ilvl. I'm at 26 right now, and unless I get gud with those 3 specs I may end up in the 30-33 range when all is said and done.

Getting it on your main is one thing because you know that spec well and probably heavily overgear it. The others are a very different story. People determined enough to master that many gameplay styles are very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    It was mainly an answer to how orb dependant specs were. DK is the worst offender imo because it's the only class that needs to interrupt the adds without a reliable way to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also yeah, Niuzao is surprisingly strong for this. Allows for a strong opener (you can stack a lot w/o worry) and then tanks Annihilates on Kruul.
    As I recall, on the DK Challlenge the Horrors CANNOT channel while moving, so they just stand there channelling and you move away from them, preferably right after you dropped a DnD, Bloodboil, and yanked the Inquis into it all.

Well shift was just an example tbh
    Shhh... There are too many buttons as it is :P (But really, this is great advice for people with a gaming mouse and/or nimbler hands than mine)

36/36 as of 30 minutes ago! I can't actually believe I did it lol.
    Holy Priest and Blood DK almost broke me...
    Also I find it reeeaaally dumb there is no Feat of Strength for this but there is for doin all 12 class hall campaigns :P
    Last edited by Monkeymoo; 2018-06-06 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymoo View Post
    36/36 as of 30 minutes ago! I can't actually believe I did it lol.
    Holy Priest and Blood DK almost broke me...
    Also I find it reeeaaally dumb there is no Feat of Strength for this but there is for doin all 12 class hall campaigns :P
    I dont think blizzard ever intended for there to be maniacs out there like us getting all 36 specs done hence no achievement for it.

ps. holy priest/any healer really is not a fun challenge at like 15 minutes an attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    I dont think blizzard ever intended for there to be maniacs out there like us getting all 36 specs done hence no achievement for it.

ps. holy priest/any healer really is not a fun challenge at like 15 minutes an attempt.
    Yeah the length of the healing challenge was why I didn't even touch them until I had all the dps/tank challenges finished. In reality though it's not as bad as it looks in a guide. I kinda liked the breather you got cause sometime, man, I needed a moment to collect myself haha.

And there's no way Blizzard didn't know there would be crazy people who would finish every single challenge! I want a Feat of Strength dammit, lol! Maybe they'll retro-actively add one in BfA. I can dream, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymoo View Post
    Yeah the length of the healing challenge was why I didn't even touch them until I had all the dps/tank challenges finished. In reality though it's not as bad as it looks in a guide. I kinda liked the breather you got cause sometime, man, I needed a moment to collect myself haha.

And there's no way Blizzard didn't know there would be crazy people who would finish every single challenge! I want a Feat of Strength dammit, lol! Maybe they'll retro-actively add one in BfA. I can dream, right?
    Worst part about the healing challenge is the pressure to not fail and do another 12 mins to get to that point I found.

Its crazy how much backlash there is regarding the MT availability change, I guess wow forums shouldn't surprise me anymore. I don't think there are many people in this thread that have 36/36 that have any issues with making it more available for people with time constraints on when they can play.
    Last edited by Lothriel; 2018-06-06 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothriel View Post
    Worst part about the healing challenge is the pressure to not fail and do another 12 mins to get to that point I found.

Its crazy how much backlash there is regarding the MT availability change, I guess wow forums shouldn't surprise me anymore. I don't think there are many people in this thread that have 36/36 that have any issues with making it more available for people with time constraints on when they can play.
    lol people are mad about it? That's silly if so. I just finished all of them and I think it's a good change still, tbh it should have happened a while ago. I have friends who want to do them but the days the mage tower is up they're either working or raiding or can't for whatever reason. I'm happy for those who want to go through the hell of getting all 36 being able to do it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothriel View Post
    Backlash???

I just came to this thread to tell all the people who begged to make them available that their dream came true, and you're telling me some people are against it?

There were tons of complaints along the lines "I can only play on the weekends and mage tower always gets built on tuesday", I mean they had a point and it doesn't harm anyone - there's more reason to complain you can completely outgear and trivialize it, but well personally I don't mind, not everyone is equally skilled with every spec, if you couldn't outgear it lots of people would miss on it, including myself (especially stuff like fury / outlaw).

Heh, @Zyrinx is gonna be happy when he sees this, I remember him lobbying for it on wowhead and here.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2018-06-06 at 03:37 AM.

I was right!

I thought they'd nerf the tower somehow. Soon to be up 24/7. I just thought it would be available 1 month into bfa completely trivialized for the appearances. But there's still time for it to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Getting it on your main is one thing because you know that spec well and probably heavily overgear it. The others are a very different story. People determined enough to master that many gameplay styles are very impressive.
    This is true. I have all classes to 110 but don't know the specs. I tanked a lot of mythics on my paladin and it helped a great deal.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Well ironically, all the complaints about Legion specs being very homogenised actually ring true from my perspective. The reason I picked up on so many specs by just reading icy veins for 10 minutes is because you can see the rotational patterns and cooldowns similarities and it gives you a good idea on how to play.

As for the uptime, I'm glad for the people with limited time investment. Those who deserve them will already have 10+ at this point. The people giving it a go a few weeks before the prepatch won't get all of them anyway.

Deleted
    So, when will the new change with the challenge being available regardless of the Mage Tower's status be live?

I probably will gear up a couple of alts just to replay some more encounters, since I plan to be done with the Prestige grind latest at the end of June.