Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tauntstone sucks now

It started with Un'Goro. We got taunts. Then it went overboard with KotFT and K&C. Instead of reactive gameplay, we now have a board full of low attack taunt minions with high defense so that it's chaotic mess everywhere. Killed Voidlord? Deal with the 3 Voidcallers that just spawned out of his butt. And then another Voidlord and then another 3 Voidcallers. Then Voidlord again with the DK effect. And so on.

Instead of making aggro decks require strategy — aggro decks such as Pirate Warriors, which taunts were made to curb — we now have control decks also requiring minimal thought: just toss a big health minion with taunt to buy time. That is to say, instead of bringing up aggro to control's level of strategic depth, we now have two dumbed down styles of play.
    Last edited by Ashleyxoxo; 2018-06-05 at 05:34 PM.

So build counter decks?

The moment you consider pirate warrior a fun deck is the moment you have to stop playing hearthstone. That deck was sooooo annoying

"instead of making aggro decks require strategy"

yep, thats it, I'm turning off the internet. everyone go home.

If you can't beat them, join them.

15+ Year Old Account
    ITT: someone lost to a couple Cubelocks, hates it, makes rant in new thread instead of using the salt thread.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Aggro decks require strategy? The fuck are you smoking? What's the strategy of playing a minion then attacking face? I would not be sad to see aggro decks die completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    TCGs have multiple archetypes. This endless whining from the start of the genre about how your favourite archetype is the most valid and how its counter is pure cancer is sad and yet hilarious.
    Most TCGs are better in hearthstone where they at least train people to play other types. Meanwhile hearthstone rewards bad players for going face even with valuable minions on the board. I mean hell I've had players ignore my Velen and radiant elemental at rank 8 to go face. You should not be going face for 10 damage with those two cards on the other side of the field at even rank 17 much less rank 8. Aggro decks are cancer in a game where there isn't declare blockers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Most TCGs are better in hearthstone where they at least train people to play other types. Meanwhile hearthstone rewards bad players for going face even with valuable minions on the board. I mean hell I've had players ignore my Velen and radiant elemental at rank 8 to go face. You should not be going face for 10 damage with those two cards on the other side of the field at even rank 17 much less rank 8. Aggro decks are cancer in a game where there isn't declare blockers.
    If you have both Velen and Radiant out at once, you should have already won. There's zero reason to play your core combo pieces before being able to secure victory in the same turn, unless you're playing an Eternal Servitude variant - in which case, the correct play for an aggro deck is to NOT kill them and instead try and burst you down.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    If you have both Velen and Radiant out at once, you should have already won. There's zero reason to play your core combo pieces before being able to secure victory in the same turn, unless you're playing an Eternal Servitude variant - in which case, the correct play for an aggro deck is to NOT kill them and instead try and burst you down.
    If they don't kill them in the rez deck which mine is the otk deck, they've basically instead either A)given me a free win condition or B) given me an even better chance of healing to full and clearing their board

It happens CONSTANTLY. I had a guy ignore the original velen and I holy nova'd with a heal the next turn and undid his 10 damage essentially. Then he decided to kill it and I ES'd a second one out which he then once again ignored. These players are being rewarded for this playstyle in many other situations and I've had people say holy nova or spirit lash are OP because they can't play around them.

Typical aggro player. ME CAN'T GO FACE, ME WHINE.

ps : LOL@Aggro require strategy or skill.
    Last edited by Schmilblick; 2018-06-06 at 10:04 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    If they don't kill them in the rez deck which mine is the otk deck, they've basically instead either A)given me a free win condition or B) given me an even better chance of healing to full and clearing their board

It happens CONSTANTLY. I had a guy ignore the original velen and I holy nova'd with a heal the next turn and undid his 10 damage essentially. Then he decided to kill it and I ES'd a second one out which he then once again ignored. These players are being rewarded for this playstyle in many other situations and I've had people say holy nova or spirit lash are OP because they can't play around them.
    So the options are either:

1) Kill it, enabling double ES returns for a definite loss with two extra Velens
    2) Ignore it and go face and hope to hell they can burn you all the way down before getting smoked, for only a PROBABLE loss against one Velen

Number 2 is correct.

ITT: someone lost to a couple Cubelocks, hates it, makes rant in new thread instead of using the salt thread.
    Cubelock is fine after nerfs imo. Hadronox druid is the one putting itself behind 60HP of taunts every turn until you can't clear and they just kill you with branching paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo X View Post
    Cubelock is fine after nerfs imo. Hadronox druid is the one putting itself behind 60HP of taunts every turn until you can't clear and they just kill you with branching paths.
    Worst part is when you already play a counter deck with hex or poly and you still lose.
    I polyed in my last game 4 minions and witching hour still gave him 2 times hardonox....

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Worst part is when you already play a counter deck with hex or poly and you still lose.
    I polyed in my last game 4 minions and witching hour still gave him 2 times hardonox....
    Even worse when you play taunt warrior, kill 6 raptors for him, and he still resses the hadronox.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is the usual rock-paper-scissors issue, unfortunately. We're just in the retarded stage now, where flooding the board with fat taunts wins the game. Built myself a Hadrodruid, requires literally no thought whatsoever. Called the deck "Build the Wall" and nothing can get through it
    The only time I can lose is when I play against a Rogue with a well timed Vanish or when the draw cucks me completely, which is pretty rare tbh.
    But hey, at least the most braindead deck of all times - Freeze Mage - is out, so there's that. So just have faith, try it out maybe. If it's not your cup of tea - wait it out. This stuff always shifts around.

Edit: I would also suggest you to try Weapon Rogue. Very fun to play and can deal with taunt walls pretty well.

While i think it is silly to claim aggro constantly involved serious decisionmaking (most of the time, it was just aiming at face), the ounce of truth is that taunt minions received a massive powercreep.

Even if you don't play an aggro deck, any minion centric deck feels the power of taunt minions.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    I used to play a pally buff taunt c'thun deck with double hydro+secretkeeper that combined taunt with late game and first two-three turn aggro so well it could burn down Taunt, Aggro, Secret, and Fatigue on my terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    While i think it is silly to claim aggro constantly involved serious decisionmaking (most of the time, it was just aiming at face), the ounce of truth is that taunt minions received a massive powercreep.

Even if you don't play an aggro deck, any minion centric deck feels the power of taunt minions.
    I'd agree as well as armor. I play an otk mind blast deck mostly right now to circumvent the taunt minions, but I constantly need to ensure I have either a third mind blast or a second vivid nightmare against druid and warrior so in those cases I really don't think a lot of other decks have options to burn down 40+ armor and get through taunts. Ferocious howl and oaken summons needs a slight nerf and they're both heavily used in taunt decks with the latter cheating out a taunt minion from their deck fairly cheaply.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo X View Post
    Even worse when you play taunt warrior, kill 6 raptors for him, and he still resses the hadronox.
    It's still a 50/50 if they're the same minion. The only card I know of that actually counts individual deaths on rez is Twilight's Call. Only if the card explicitly states, it counts only 1 of each for deaths.

- - - Updated - - -

So the options are either:

1) Kill it, enabling double ES returns for a definite loss with two extra Velens
    2) Ignore it and go face and hope to hell they can burn you all the way down before getting smoked, for only a PROBABLE loss against one Velen

Number 2 is correct.
    Except it's a more than likely loss since they enable a huge spirit lash or holy nova. The odds of one of those in hand with a Velen(I'd sooner hold onto spirit lash than ES vs pally if I have a Velen) is higher than ES. They're dumb and playing like a mongo.

Hearthstone was awful from the beginning. Stop giving them money.