Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It was a family gathering; breaking up a fight between two brothers at their own residence.

"When an officer tried to stop Beverly from assaulting Gary, Gary reportedly turned on the officer and held him in a choke hold until he fell unconscious."
    This is probably the part that really confused the officer/onlookers and where hitherto it would not have seemed necessary to really escalate the situation by pulling out a gun.

The article makes it sound like the cops were getting beat up really badly, but no actual reporting of any injuries. It doesn't take much to get charged with assault... that doesn't mean that cops were really in danger of losing their lives or were really getting beat up that badly.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...607-story.html

All I found about that was that the police officers were checked out at the hospital and released. Tackled and choked to the point of unconsciousness... that's extremely dangerous. If I was a cop responding to the scene, I'd have my gun out, but I'm glad no one had to die.

Good to hear that we once again weren't nerfed in the recent patch.

White people: more OP than rogues and mages?

outlier incidents aren't indicative of every police encounter. there are people out there that think they should have been shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    its been posted in the many other race bait threads you gaggle that try and stir up shit over magical racism that doesnt exist. And if you cant be fucked going to google or finding it here then youv just show your only here to try and stir up race hate and nothing else.
    Are you talking about the commonly misunderstood and misrepresented actual FBI crime stats? Or the absolute bullshit fake "FBI" crime stats that attempt to make it appear that minorities, especially black people, are responsible for 70-80% of violent crime?

Even the better stats will only suggest that minorities are slightly out of proportion in arrests for crime. Oh, did I say arrests? Yes I did. Because that's what those FBI stats are. Not convictions, not even arrests that went to trial. Just arrests. Also, if you read the methodology they use to compile the stats, they have to fill in the blanks a lot because the race part of a police report is often not even filled out. So they fill in with the most likely result based on victim, location, and type of crime. The FBI stats are an interesting tool, but not a be-all-end-all of research on the topic. But you'd have to do more than read a headline from whatever bias confirming news source that you frequent to know any of that, so of course you do not.

An unprofessional, poorly written article from a race baiting author on a shifty blog news site?

Not exactly doing the anti-cop side any favors here.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Also, a white chick at the beach was punched in the face a few weeks back by a cop for no reason.... So we are just going to pretend that didn't happen to serve this "Police are only thuggish towards black people" narrative.
    I mean, idiots might say that. It's more likely that you've created a man of straw for you to duel with and given him that particular perspective.

It is correct to say that they are more likely to react that way towards minorities than white people. This doesn't preclude exceptions and also acknowledges that most cops are regular people doing a job. It just states a reality that you are unlikely to accept for whatever personal reasons that have caused you to construct this view of people that suggests anyone that doesn't get a fair shake in life is just a whiner because you did just fine. Maybe you feel that accepting others might have a harder path than you did somehow invalidates your struggles or cheapens your successes? I don't know. It doesn't, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    An unprofessional, poorly written article from a race baiting author on a shifty blog news site?

Not exactly doing the anti-cop side any favors here.
    You can be pro-cop and accept that certain things need to be handled better. Anti-cop is a dismissive reduction of the argument meant to cut off all discussion by demonizing the opponent as against something that all rational people should be for. It's the same as suggesting that anyone that is for any gun legislation at all is anti-gun. It's just rally the troops, garbage language.

Quote Originally Posted by Ret4resto View Post
    More black people are shot and killed by the police every year, not white people.

I have 600 sheeps but slaughter 100
    I have 100 chickens but slaughter 50

More chickens are killed per capita than sheeps, but if you flunked out of statistics 101 and just look at raw numbers without considering the size of each population than of course your “more white people are killed by the police so let’s ignore the racial bias that is directed at black people” argument would be factual, but it’s not.

In before people quote me saying race card, sjw, liberal snowflake and other dumb shit people on here use to deflect instead of acknowledge the problem .
    In absolute numbers, more white people than black people are killed in police shootings (because white people outnumber black people in America).

How many white people have died this year due to police shootings that haven't been in the news? More than double, cry me a fucking river already.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    Well, the author is at least implying that the officers are racist because, had the family been black, they would have shot them. Which is an interesting argument to make.
    That is implying that because they are police and white that they are racist. Which is bigotry pure and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by sopeonaroap View Post
    https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=zlwk_1528382508

this black guy body slammed a cop on his head and didn't get shot or tazed and he SHOULD have been tazed at the very least.
    Quoting so it doesn't completely go unnoticed, ya'know because it doesn't support 90% of the bullshit arguments here.

Op, your intentions are good, but your method makes you sound biased, and you know this crowd, if there's one thing they love, it's playing the victim card.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    That is implying that because they are police and white that they are racist. Which is bigotry pure and simple.
    What's stopping black men from becoming cops? Oh wait they do become cops and they still shoot black fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    (because white people outnumber black people in America).
    You do realize that this is precisely why you don't use absolute numbers, right? You are comparing the rate at which one group or the other is affected. Rate implies proportionality. This is a basic concept.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    You do realize that this is precisely why you don't use absolute numbers, right? You are comparing the rate at which one group or the other is affected. Rate implies proportionality. This is a basic concept.
    There are other minorities who don't get shot as much as either group, but they are not fucking animals either.

There are other minorities who don't get shot as much as either group, but they are not fucking animals either.
    Wow, just going for outright racism then? Got it. There will be no further discussion possible here. Thanks for stopping by though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Wew thanks for the psycho analysis my guy.
    You can be as dismissive as you like, it's what you did. It's very unlikely I said anything you don't already know. It's not as if I was profound there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Of course they couldn't shoot as there were bystanders around.
    To turn this into a race issue is stupid.
    Doesn’t stop them blinding firing into houses.

They should have been shot, oh well maybe next time

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Wow, just going for outright racism then? Got it. There will be no further discussion possible here. Thanks for stopping by though.
    Is that what you call it when someone calls both white and black men fucking animals?

It is true, don't be a scumbag, problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    As expected, so many people have missed the point. Even pushing arguments (and flawed even in the 'correct' circumstances) that have nothing to do with the article. The point of the article is to call out arguments that make excuses for lethal for being used on unarmed individuals and/or suspects. We've all seen them, some people have end made them. Using that logic, the officers should have been bagging up 3 bodies on that day.

I don't think the 3 in the story should have been killed, but how many times we've read stories where a black person has done a fraction of what is described in the story ending in their death? Sterling Brown had how many officers called on him even the primary officer created the entire episode? Some people couldn't wait to make excuses for that behavior. Philando Castile was 100% cooperating and shot. Stop reaching for excuses to justify one person getting shot and ignoring cases like the one in the article.

For those who think the story is made up, search their case numbers against Maryland's database

5C00460584 - Beverly Davis
    6C00460585 - Gary Davis
    1C00460510 - Scott Davis

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    is this ment to pretend that blacks get shot more by police still? If it is then police shooting statistics and shooting statistics in general dissagree with your intended message. but please try and pretend there is a race issue when there is none
    Gratz at being a failure.

When 53% of the death by police shooting are part of a minority of 24.9%.

And 47% of the death by police shooting are part of the majority of 75.1%.

There is a fucken problem.

-----

Get educated:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...?noredirect=on

https://www.infoplease.com/us/race-p...-2000-and-2010

Using 2017:

Population - ~309m - 75.1% - White, 24.9% - Minorities
    Killed by police: 957 - 47% where White, 53% - Minorities

Is that what you call it when someone calls both white and black men fucking animals?

It is true, don't be a scumbag, problem solved.
    I mean, yes, if your only basis for that is their demographic category. It is absolutely so.