Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gael4 View Post
    Pardon me if I interpret that as saying the police is discriminating against black people. Oh, wait, that's what it means...
    I know it's hard but do try not to put words in my mouth, of course there are racist cops just like any profession. The problem however is far more complex from police lacking a connection to the community they serve, to lack of proper training, to lack of accountability for bad cops. There are black cops on the force who exhibit the same behavior to attribute everything to racism is downright lazy. There is an entire system in place that is unfair to the poor and minorities.

But that is probably too long and complex of an issue to understand so stick to your silly premise instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Ignorance is bliss eh?

Criminals are victim's, I love it, let's toss in racism for good measure!
    Naaa, you just seem pretty damaged in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Person View Post
    I think people put too much emphasis on race. Yall need hobbies.

Everyone deals with shit in their lives you're not special. It doesnt matter if your a nigger or a cracker, a beaner or a chink.

Everyone gets shit stop making it a pissing contest.
    I only say that back to people who like to say "poor blacks and their socioeconomic" bullshit. At the end of the day you either know right from wrong (crime) or you don't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    It's abundantly clear that you're not very informed on the subject of race relations and particularly racial legislation in the US.

The answer is no; "class policies" are euphemisms designed to distract from the fact they are aimed at certain demographics but that there might be collateral effects upon whites.

Nobody is turning it into a "race only" issue, the problem is people insisting it carries no racial component. You cannot resolve issues of racial inequality purely by class focused means, Mister Sanders.

"Many whites" are facile in maintaining the system and should have their opinions discounted as uneducated.
    you didn't watch the video I take it. because if you did you would have seen with your own eyes the issue in the UK and how its exactly the same as the issue in the USA and its the same issue as 100yrs ago and 200 years ago and 300 years ago and 400 years ago and 500 years ago and all the way back to medieval times. poor people get segregated and get less opportunity. the problem existed well before blacks were in the western world, and it will continue for the rest of time as long as people like you serve to undermine the effort of the working class by sowing division amongst us.

you are as much apart of the problem as the 1%

Quote Originally Posted by Advocatus Diaboli View Post
    also show me the stats that Poor whites have both better access to jobs and rent. because that's certainly not the case in the UK
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

"We don't pull guns on our voters."

-Trump

15+ Year Old Account
    since the dawn of civilisation you mean ?

slums, ghettos, estates what ever your country calls them have been a feature of every civilisation since the Sumerian's and its always the same, poor people live over there and the rich live over here, then poor get less amenities and forgotten whilst the rich get richer and richer.

that's not a race issue, its a class issue.

also show me the stats that Poor whites have both better access to jobs and rent. because that's certainly not the case in the UK in fact the opposite is true and is driving the racial tension on the estates atm. see the video I replied to didactic with, those white kids playing under the bridge in the middle of the video with knives, axes and baseball bats all complained about minority's getting hired easier than them.
    True, there has always been ghettos, however what makes the US's case of segregation so extreme, is how pervasive it was in every state in the union. Over decades millions of freed black slaves moved to US cities with their families, trying to make a living, and all of them were denied, ran off, detained, lynched. They would move into neighborhoods and then the next night their homes would burn to the ground. It was part and parcel in American culture to isolate black people that there are now colloquial connotations like, on the other side of the railroad tracks, welcome to the trap, etc. Look up the economic numbers and unemployment rates between blacks and whites.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You missed the point. this family and this family have as much in comman as, “family” and this one.

Which is why stats based soly in skin tone are meaningless. You can say blacks have a higher crime rate but that doesn’t reflect in all black community’s as they do not have the same culture because they share a skin tone. As far as what being black really means it’s simply a skin tone it does not reflect your Ancestry or culture.
    But I agree with that, What we are talking about right now is that the media cry racism anytime a black (man) person is killed. And it's almost always a member of the ghetto culture on your third picture. Now if they cried because an innocent was killed sure, but skin color is at the center of the debate you will agree, and the fact is those ghetto criminals make a bigger percentage of the total Black population than criminals do in the White population (two very heterogenous groups, again, I agree).

So all this means is that seeing that black people are disproportionally victim of police violence is not enough evidence to accuse the police of racism. Because even if they were justified in every single case of fatal shooting (of course they are not) black or white, we would observe a similar distribution : criminals would get shot more, and the higher number of criminals (of course still a minority) in the black population would give about the results we have now.

Nobody is denying that there is a lot of diversity in the black and white populations and that these very notions of white and black do not mean much, but people who accuse the police of racism go by skin color only, so of course the answer is to analyze stats by skin color...

Now if black non criminals are more likely to be shot than white non criminals or if black criminals are more likely to get shot than white criminals THEN it is racism. But I have seen no evidence so far and numbers are much harder to find. People who make claims that the police are shooting black people because they are racist need to use these numbers.
    Last edited by mmoc5058569db4; 2018-06-08 at 04:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    you didn't watch the video I take it.
    No, I don't much care to sit through videos that people here post.

because if you did you would have seen with your own eyes the issue in the UK and how its exactly the same as the issue in the USA
    And this assertion right here is how I know that the contents of the video are bullshit.

The US and the UK have radically different histories in terms of their domestic race relations and while compare and contrast has some useful insights, pretending they are identical in an effort to market whites as the real victims of such policies is intellectually dishonest.

and its the same issue as 100yrs ago and 200 years ago and 300 years ago and 400 years ago and 500 years ago and all the way back to medieval times. poor people get segregated and get less opportunity. the problem existed well before blacks were in the western world, and it will continue for the rest of time as long as people like you serve to undermine the effort of the working class by sowing division amongst us.
    Thanks, Marx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Ret4resto View Post
    More black people are shot and killed by the police every year, not white people.

I have 600 sheeps but slaughter 100
    I have 100 chickens but slaughter 50

More chickens are killed per capita than sheeps, but if you flunked out of statistics 101 and just look at raw numbers without considering the size of each population than of course your “more white people are killed by the police so let’s ignore the racial bias that is directed at black people” argument would be factual, but it’s not.

In before people quote me saying race card, sjw, liberal snowflake and other dumb shit people on here use to deflect instead of acknowledge the problem .
    if you want to throw around statistics then use those in your argument. you agreed that more white people than black are shot by cops each year because there are more white people in the population and then said "More black people are shot and killed by the police every year, not white people." which is false.

this isn't debatable, you're clearly angry about these facts and want to make them fit your bias, but the simple fact is that cops shoot people of all colors, and more often than not the person who was shot was being an asshole and could have avoided it. black people are just worse at being civil than white people or really any other race of people, which is why the % of them getting shot compared to the % of white people getting shot is higher. Also, go ahead and use your own argument and look at their crime numbers compared to the % of the population they make up, it's easy to get shot by the cops when you're committing more crimes.

you actually can't win arguments like this, but it's adorable when people like you try.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I know it's hard but do try not to put words in my mouth, of course there are racist cops just like any profession. The problem however is far more complex from police lacking a connection to the community they serve, to lack of proper training, to lack of accountability for bad cops. There are black cops on the force who exhibit the same behavior to attribute everything to racism is downright lazy. There is an entire system in place that is unfair to the poor and minorities.

But that is probably too long and complex of an issue to understand so stick to your silly premise instead.
    I'm sorry but you have never made your point clear. Communication is an art, and a science. This has more to do with your ability to express your ideas than my reading comprehension I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    It is totally relevant to the violent crime that persist in black neighborhoods today. Consider how desperate and shitty your life would be where you had to choose to take a life or engage in violent criminal activity to survive, then think about it again.
    Uh huh. And maybe people don't want to invest in those neighborhoods and communities because there is so much crime?

But sure. Keep blaming whitey. It's totally going to fix all the problems.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Naaa, you just seem pretty damaged in this thread.
    Based on what? Your ability to post on a forum, is that your professional opinion?

/golfclap

Grow up kid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by f3llyn View Post
    Uh huh. And maybe people don't want to invest in those neighborhoods and communities because there is so much crime?

So ridiculous how many people play the victim card, how they justify trash being trash because color of skin.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Deleted
    No, I don't much care to sit through videos that people here post.

And this assertion right here is how I know that the contents of the video are bullshit.

The US and the UK have radically different histories in terms of their domestic race relations and while compare and contrast has some useful insights, pretending they are identical in an effort to market whites as the real victims of such policies is intellectually dishonest.

Thanks, Marx.
    The fact you use the term real victims, then call me uneducated whilst refusing a source of knowledge your self is really telling about the level of intellect you operate at.

W/e do what you want but you only making things worse for black people in the end with that rhetoric.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact you use the term real victims, then call me uneducated whilst refusing a source of knowledge your self is really telling about the level of intellect you operate at.
    I doubt I'm going to get much out of a twelve minute youtube video that I didn't get in more than a decade of studying the social sciences.

W/e do what you want but you only making things worse for black people in the end with that rhetoric.
    You'd be remiss to think I care about your advice, since there is absolutely no standard of social reform that is going to meet with your expectations by design as a professional contrarian.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

15+ Year Old Account

It isn't about blame, but again, one can't expect much from people that are using rhetoric identical from the 19th century.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Deleted
    True, there has always been ghettos, however what makes the US's case of segregation so extreme, is how pervasive it was in every state in the union. Over decades millions of freed black slaves moved to US cities with their families, trying to make a living, and all of them were denied, ran off, detained, lynched. They would move into neighborhoods and then the next night their homes would burn to the ground. It was part and parcel in American culture to isolate black people that there are now colloquial connotations like, on the other side of the railroad tracks, welcome to the trap, etc. Look up the economic numbers and unemployment rates between blacks and whites.
    To stop it fragmenting ill reply to youre last 2 posts in this one. On the first post you talk about outing the politicians. You won't do that with only a population of 12.5% to win elections you need the white working class, the whole trump fiasco has shown that to be clear.

As for worst i suggest you read about what the victoriana did a man of my class for example wasn't allowed into the center shopping areas and parks in towns and city's because my appearance offended the wealthy, we wernt allowed to even vote untill the early 1900s (Yea there's only a couple decades between working class men getting the vote and women which is why it's called universal sufferage over here) the working class was regularly mistreated by the justice system. We populated Australia with white working class people deported and sent to rot,

Isolation and oppression of the poor is nothing new, and as to unemployment rate. What's the comparable rate between poor whites and poor blacks? I think you will find its quite close.

You falling into 2 traps, the first is focusing so much on being right your not being effective and the second is focusing so much on the hill you fail to see the mountain.

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt I'm going to get much out of a twelve minute youtube video that I didn't get in more than a decade of studying the social sciences.

You'd be remiss to think I care about your advice, since there is absolutely no standard of social reform that is going to meet with your expectations by design as a professional contrarian.
    delivered by a white upper class professor in a upper class education I assume. and you wanna take that over hearing the troubles of the poor from there own mouths ?

you are literally what we call derogatorily an "ivory tower liberal" and are entirely the #1 problem in the world today. a rich kid trying to tell the poor what they should be upset about... fucking laughable.

10+ Year Old Account
    delivered by a white upper class professor in a upper class education I assume. and you wanna take that over hearing the troubles of the poor from there own mouths ?

you are literally what we call derogatorily an "ivory tower liberal" and are entirely the #1 problem in the world today. a rich kid trying to tell the poor what they should be upset about... fucking laughable.
    Better an ivory tower liberal than an anti-intellectual, quite frankly.

Exactly what do you think we are studying in our ivory towers, out of curiosity? Hint: It's the big picture of the real world. "Personal experience" might as well be a euphemism for "confirmation bias".

Stop calling it an excuse and use its real name; the environment creates these types of behaviors. It was looked down upon because fear instilled them to be apprehensive of anything connected to white society. "The victim mentality" is a throwaway to people who are wholly disconnected to how this issue even works and persists. Agency and the building of familial wealth and income doesn't come from the buzzwords of conservative political pundits, but from concrete action on all levels of government. Look at yourself or Dextroden, black men who are defending a system that has ensured, with great success, their ancestors and themselves to second-class citizens.
    If you talked about and pushed personal responsibility as much as you blamed everything and everyone but those committing the crimes then we might actually get to a point where we can fix these problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you talked about and pushed personal responsibility as much as you blamed everything and everyone but those committing the crimes then we might actually get to a point where we can fix these problems.
    I see someone hasn't read a word of Foucault or Skinner and doesn't understand why "Discipline and Punish" hasn't ever been an effective method of resolving social issues.