Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Awesome Community Member

Heyoo; I posted this on the WoW forums but wanted to post a link here to hopefully get this player, and others like him people may know of, some recognition. So yeah, this is a cool guy doing a cool thing, wanted to bring some attention to it.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765037617#1

Edit: Of course, this being mmochamp, some people seem to want to argue over the very concept of doing something nice for other people. That's a pretty weird and abstract foundation to fight over so if you hate people like this, feel ill will towards them, assume community events are a sign of mental illness and etcetera maybe make a new thread focused specifically on that topic.
    Last edited by Applenazi; 2018-06-10 at 04:16 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's a shame there are not many other people in the game like this.

Or, there is, and you just don't hear about them.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Don't say people bound to a chair can't do any good for you or the world.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Right? One of the first questions I asked him was if the community knew about this, like how could this not have some kind of mmochamp community shoutout or whatever. Honestly kind of left me thinking about making more of an effort to be a part of the solution and not the problem... =/

I used to do this with the mounts the rares drop on Argus, if you already owned it, you could trade it to anyone who was helping kill it, even if they weren't in your party.

Well in a way, everyone who puts up gear to roll in lfr is doing a similar thing.

It's a difficult thing to coordinate on a forum, But there's a "WoW Secret Finding" discord where they send out probably a 100 messages a day saying they found this or that and if someone wants it, just message the name and realm.

The wow secret finding discord has also been shown on the front page on mmo-champion a few times.

Very nice thing to do, not something I would do that's for sure

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Applenazi View Post
    Heyoo; I posted this on the WoW forums but wanted to post a link here to hopefully get this player, and others like him people may know of, some recognition. So yeah, this is a cool guy doing a cool thing, wanted to bring some attention to it.

A lovely share.

I tend to offer help when I can. Though, I can't always produce a rare mount but I do other things ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    Well in a way, everyone who puts up gear to roll in lfr is doing a similar thing.
    I do that.. Unless I need it for my transmog *hides*
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Rezark View Post
    I used to do this with the mounts the rares drop on Argus, if you already owned it, you could trade it to anyone who was helping kill it, even if they weren't in your party.
    I managed to grab a person as they ran away from the rare to give them the mount.

It was pleasant to know it wasn't going to waste.

In the case of people like the OP is talking about, that's really crazy though. I got the hippogriff 4 times total now basically, once for me, and 3 times for friends, but each time took at least an hour. I cannot imagine doing that again for anyone. I even saw the crystals up the other day and just left the zone. (Helped there was no friends online to offer it to either)

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the nice things about all the puzzles in Legion is that it's one of the rare things in the game that serves to bring players together, rather than keep them set against one another or driving wedges between already-divided groups just looking for a reason to blame one another.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I see a NPC that drops a Mount I already have spawned, I'll often announce it in Chat and get people to come and get it. I figure it's just the nice thing to do.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    It's a shame there are not many other people in the game like this.

This. But thats just life in general. The bad outweighs the good and the bad always takes the spotlight so it's always great to see some good posted somewhere to remind us that there are good people in this world.

seems like he's mentally ill or something.

farming 108 mounts for other people for no return, doesn't do any raids any pvp, the average person would be so mind-numbingly bored doing what he's doing.

so yeah it's kind but he's not quite all there.

and before you flame me, would you spend around 200-250 hours looking for red crystals for other players with no reward? no you wouldn't 200-250 hours is a fucking lot of free time doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post

farming 108 mounts for other people for no return, doesn't do any raids any pvp, the average person would be so mind-numbingly bored doing what he's doing.

and before you flame me, would you spend around 200-250 hours looking for red crystals for other players with no reward? no you wouldn't 200-250 hours is a fucking lot of free time doing nothing.
    The folly in this is assuming there is no reward, we are driven by rewards in everything we do, from slaying fictional digital monsters to eating the food we need to survive. It appears, based on the limited data I have, that the response he receives rewards him with enough dopamine to offset the time investment

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post

I'm going to go ahead and assume that you don't do any volunteering.

I've recently made friends with a guy who has lockouts for HFC and BRF, asked in our guild discord if anyone wanted to get a chance at the mounts out of them because he has the lockouts and the mounts, then we became friends and he runs me through every week to try and get the mounts. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Audriele View Post
    I've recently made friends with a guy who has lockouts for HFC and BRF, asked in our guild discord if anyone wanted to get a chance at the mounts out of them because he has the lockouts and the mounts, then we became friends and he runs me through every week to try and get the mounts. :P
    Honestly a really good friend, I would really not want to be locked into that kind of commitment, I'd be like "well clearly time to buy a new wow account and start over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I do that.. Unless I need it for my transmog *hides*
    No need to hide. When I go into LFR and get a transmog drop, I get abuse from spastics that can't understand why a 980 would go in there for anything other than transmog (or the box quest).
    Woóds
    <Angered>
    Draenor EU
    Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Applenazi View Post

Sounds like the dude needs a real life.