Thread: Tanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You really haven't played beta VDH I guess huh?

Oh boy fracture spam into spirit bomb into soul cleave pain dump. HARD ROTATION RIGHT DURR
    I've played it to Mythic dungeon level (i've played all tanks to mythic dungeons on beta except brew), and yes the main damage rotation is very easy, is that how we're defining it? If so then you're right. If however we're talking about properly performing your role in the dungeon and utilizing your spec tools then VDH has one of the most interesting and situationally complex toolkits that exist for a tank, there are so many choices to make that can decide how a pull goes. Bears have almost nothing like that, they just sit there and take damage.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    He said strong. OP gives zero fucks about fun and wants the numerically superior tank. That question has an objective and quantifiable answer.
    We can't really tell him what will be the strongest tank in BFA either. We can maybe a month before launch, and even then it might not even last long into the xpac(prot war in early legion RIP).

If you want to be FOTM best tank your ass better be prepared to have them all ready to go and level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    I've played it to Mythic dungeon level (i've played all tanks to mythic dungeons on beta except brew), and yes the main damage rotation is very easy, is that how we're defining it? If so then you're right. If however we're talking about properly performing your role in the dungeon and utilizing your spec tools then VDH has one of the most interesting and situationally complex toolkits that exist for a tank, there are so many choices to make that can decide how a pull goes. Bears have almost nothing like that, they just sit there and take damage.
    Oh boy I hit my silence sigil to silence some caster! Top level play! Yes, VDH has tools that help you control pulls making them even easier then they should be between sigils and even a purge now. That literally makes the class even easier to play not harder. Number of buttons != difficulty. If having my dbm voice pack yell at me to interrupt or purge something is considering skill now I must be in a weird time line.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-06-10 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Oh boy I hit my silence sigil to silence some caster! Top level play!
    I feel like you're just salty about something and anything I say is going to just get a childish quip in response. Whether you like it or not, VDH is far and away more complex than Bears and implying they are on the same level of play is just objectively wrong. Perhaps you don't play tanks enough at a decent level to tell the difference between their toolkits outside of spamming damage rotations, if that's the case then I can understand why you're acting like this.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    Ok. Thanks for speaking up for OP. Are you his big brother or something since you have to defend him here?
    Please do tell then what the objective and quantifiable answer to BfA tank strenght is?

Let me tell you:
    No one knows. Because the balancing passes haven't happened yet.
    Let me tell you another thing - if the OP was indeed playing on a level where he'd require a "numerically superior" (lol) tank. Then he would have known, because he'd be following BfA beta progress.
    And finally - I suspect the OP just wanted someone to barf out the FOTM class so he can reroll and pretend to be elite when BfA is out. He is not elite.

Right, I suspect you leap into OP's rescue now, like the whiteknight you are.
    But please don't.
    And anyone at the level that would need super OP would know we don't know until well after release and would just be leveling all of them without asking.

Very good topic. Actually I just finished leveling DH just to have it ready to go in BFA, have everything else ready at 110 to go in and smash-bash. I hope Druid will be tuned before realease, have big hopes for it.