Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    The solution is to cut more features until they end up with just another boring empty world.
    Which Elder Scroll or Fallout was empty for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Prabog View Post
    Which Elder Scroll or Fallout was empty for you?
    I mean in general; open world games these days are all about how large they are, but nary a peep about how full they are.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    I mean in general; open world games these days are all about how large they are, but nary a peep about how full they are.
    Ah, I understand.

Morrowind was "small" but it was filled with rich lore and details.

So, we actually got a new trailer at the Xbox stage. Some "rebuild not just walls, not just buildings" added to the voiceover.
    And The Todd saying 76 is 4 times bigger than Fallout 4.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2018-06-10 at 08:24 PM.

Deleted
    Four times larger than Fallout 4 they say, but is it purely map size or 4 times more actual content?

We might be getting some sort of vehicles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Honestly, metro game kinda eclipsed fallout 76. At least judging by trailers.

- - - Updated - - -

Four times larger than Fallout 4 they say, but is it purely map size or 4 times more actual content?

Its Todd "400 hours of gameplay" Howard kind of "4times larger".

single player or bust.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Its Todd "400 hours of gameplay" Howard kind of "4times larger".
    Probably, yeah.

I do not see Fallout 76 actually being 4 times more filled with content compared to FO4.

15+ Year Old Account
    Probably, yeah.

I do not see Fallout 76 actually being 4 times more filled with content compared to FO4.
    4 times more empty space. It's West Virginia after all, there's nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably, yeah.

As it is F76 looks like massive fan-made mod. Guess that beth had alot of time to make new assets, and i think that this is what "4 times" thing comes from.

15+ Year Old Account
    The reveal is this night (eu time) right? So I know the juicy things when I wake up tomorrow?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    4 times more empty space. It's West Virginia after all, there's nothing.
    I am not familiar with modern West Virginia but it could be filled with amazing stuff in Fallout world, but 4 times larger?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    The reveal is this night (eu time) right? So I know the juicy things when I wake up tomorrow?
    Indeed, we get the news in the morning.

Maybe, but they just showed some, not moving. F3, NV and F4 all had plenty of vehicles, but only the vertibirds were ones we interacted with. Unless it's a new engine, flying or moving trucks and cars around will be a clusterfuck.

It was a throwaway trailer, honestly - they didn't show any combat, systems, dialog, or anything more than the terrain, and a few new monster types. And a prequel power armor. And everyone walking. But there were some interesting destroyed buildings. It looks beautiful.

All I know is I'm buying it, i've enjoyed all of the Fallouts, I'm in. Even with a map that isn't 4 times bigger, IT'S A NEW FREAKING FALLOUT YEARS BEFORE I EXPECTED ONE.

Makes me wonder what the real big thing is for the event tonight. I'll laugh my ass off if they reveal the next Elder Scrolls. Probably not, as they have that new space game, but still, nobody was expecting F76. But who knows?

- - - Updated - - -

As it is F76 looks like massive fan-made mod. Guess that beth had alot of time to make new assets, and i think that this is what "4 times" thing comes from.
    I guess it's still "cool" to shit on Bethesda games before they ship or are fully revealed? Is that it? Something like that?

Well i didn't expect what looks like shivering isles but for fallout. The tone really makes me wonder though if this game isn't you founding the enclave which would be an interesting twist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    I guess it's still "cool" to shit on Bethesda games before they ship or are fully revealed? Is that it? Something like that?
    Nah, its more about having some common sense and not believing in everything Trustworthy Todd is saying.

Maybe, but they just showed some, not moving. F3, NV and F4 all had plenty of vehicles, but only the vertibirds were ones we interacted with. Unless it's a new engine, flying or moving trucks and cars around will be a clusterfuck.

It was a throwaway trailer, honestly - they didn't show any combat, systems, dialog, or anything more than the terrain, and a few new monster types. And a prequel power armor. And everyone walking. But there were some interesting destroyed buildings. It looks beautiful.

All I know is I'm buying it, i've enjoyed all of the Fallouts, I'm in. Even with a map that isn't 4 times bigger, IT'S A NEW FREAKING FALLOUT YEARS BEFORE I EXPECTED ONE.

Makes me wonder what the real big thing is for the event tonight. I'll laugh my ass off if they reveal the next Elder Scrolls. Probably not, as they have that new space game, but still, nobody was expecting F76. But who knows?

- - - Updated - - -

you know its a probably a mutliplayer game like rust yeah ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Well i didn't expect what looks like shivering isles but for fallout. The tone really makes me wonder though if this game isn't you founding the enclave which would be an interesting twist.
    Yeah, i wouldn't be surprised if you founded pre-war government in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    you know its a probably a mutliplayer game like rust yeah ?
    You know that isn't a negative for me, yeah?

I'm really tired of this bullshit cynicism. Do you actually care, or is it more important to just look for a negative to be edgy and pissy about a game?

It's video games. They're fun. Lighten up, Francis.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, its more about having some common sense and not believing in everything Trustworthy Todd is saying.

Ah, so it's still the "cool" pose. Got it.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no reason to disbelieve other then cynicism and yes Jason Schrier or whatever the fuck his name is might have sources but it's his word against what Todd says. We'll have to wait and see but I'm not too sure it's a Rust thing.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    You know that isn't a negative for me, yeah?

I'm really tired of this bullshit cynicism. Do you actually care, or is it more important to just look for a negative to be edgy and pissy about a game?

It's video games. They're fun. Lighten up, Francis.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, so it's still the "cool" pose. Got it.
    Todd isn't known for lying but he is very charismatic and he does over embellish details for games(SEE THAT MOUNTAIN? YOU CAN GO THERE!). Like 76 being four times larger than 4. What does he mean by that? The map? What there is to explore? Quantity doesn't mean quality. They may have had the new version of the engine for the last few years now and have been able to make a much larger world with it in a shorter time span but that doesn't make it a better one.

Not to mention, not everyone enjoyed the settlement mechanics in Fallout 4. I find myself struggling to get a Minuteman ending in F4 because of this reason. It doesn't appeal to me at all. And the trailer points heavily toward rebuilding society. They could mean through the story, or they could mean through gameplay by doubling down on the settlement system.