Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorkles View Post
    Government lobbying is obviously part of it, but it's not the only part.

Influence isn't just "buying politicians", when a huge portion of wealth is in the hands of a few people, they can essentially "take their ball and go home" if the Government tries anything they don't like. Want a more progressive Tax system? Threats of moving money out of the country/leaving, want more regulation in an industry to make it safer/more environmentally friendly? Threats of moving abroad/laying people off.

You're ultimately arguing against reality - Wealth Inequality is objectively bad for democracy. This is understood by the entire political spectrum, the difference is the methods of resolving it.
    Thus why i say raise taxes and fine/tarrif the shit out of their products if they leave

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    We don't live in economic bubbles. If too much wealth is hoarded by too few people, the economy can't grow fast enough.
    In reality, few people hoard wealth, as in put the money under their pillow or whatever.

And if they do that, that's their loss because it's the dumbest thing you can do. It loses value each year due to inflation.

Typically they start other business or invest in existing ones, maybe they buy a new home (which puts construction workers to work), maybe they buy some sports car and that puts others to work, maybe they buy hookers which makes other women wealthy too, maybe they put it in the bank which means banks have enough money to loan you shit. It circulates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Leave then. Or at least organize a strike. It's a very simple calculation here, what course of action will result in less money lost in revenue. If the company can't afford to just fire everyone and bring a new staff AND can't afford to halt production even for a few days, it will have to capitulate to your demands.

Of course, that comes with its own risk, maybe the employer can indeed afford to just fire you all, but you have to risk to win more.
    Oh i want to see old school union strikes with any scabs learning not to take the job.

It worked last time should fix things again.

Buut see they also keep people trapped by slave wages. Just one hour all it would take is the entire nation walking out for ONE HOUR and our economy would suffer an insane setback.

In reality, few people hoard wealth, as in put the money under their pillow or whatever.
    LOL.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    If there was one word to describe pretty much every post you ever make, it would be "gross"
    LOL what does that mean?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    LOL.
    Nice quote mining, you literally addressed no point, completely ignored everything else written.

Define "hoarding".

Quote Originally Posted by Post Explosive View Post
    That is what already happens, else they wouldn't be able to pay CEOs that much.

But CEOs aren't even the worst. It's the shareholders who are the real useless sharks that ruin the economy (and many companies and jobs).
    They're called business owners.

Nice quote mining, you literally addressed no point, completely ignored everything else written.
    LOL The Irony.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account

Define "hoarding".
    "Hoarding" in this case includes exercises in fiscal masturbation like futures and derivative speculation.

The actual people driving the velocity of money are, wait for it, consumers. The wealthy tend to accrue wealth and just trade it amongst themselves unless otherwise compelled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Post Explosive View Post
    That is what already happens, else they wouldn't be able to pay CEOs that much.

But CEOs aren't even the worst. It's the shareholders who are the real useless sharks that ruin the economy (and many companies and jobs).
    I'm shareholder in at least some companies, without people like me the company would have no way to raise capital other than bank loans which aren't as advantageous.

So they sell part of the business instead in an IPO and then those parts get sold to others.

Stock market is very useful, companies raise capital and regular people save for retirement. Everyone wins, at least if you invest wisely and don't buy shares in crap companies.

I'm shareholder in at least some companies, without people like me the company would have no way to raise capital other than bank loans which aren't as advantageous.

So they sell part of the business instead in an IPO and then those parts get sold to others.

Stock market is very useful, companies raise capital and regular people save for retirement. Everyone wins, at least if you invest wisely and don't buy shares in crap companies.
    So what's the complaint? You're not earning as much money as Warren Buffet because Government?

10+ Year Old Account
    So what's the complaint? You're not earning as much money as Warren Buffet because Government?
    That's quite a good question, actually.

If being successful is so self-explanatory, why isn't every libertarian idiot a billionaire.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    "Hoarding" in this case includes exercises in fiscal masturbation like futures and derivative speculation.

The actual people driving the velocity of money are, wait for it, consumers. The wealthy tend to accrue wealth and just trade it amongst themselves unless otherwise compelled.
    Absolutely wrong.

Every time they build another mansion or buy another yacht someone is employed to build it.
    Every time they invest in the stock market, companies have access to capital they wouldn't otherwise without some risky bank loan or whatever.
    Every time they put money in the bank, that means the bank has enough money to loan it to you, so you can buy things early in your life like a home.
    Let's not forget they almost make the women in their lives wealthy too.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you drunk? Seriously. That kind of question suggests low ability to pay attention.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    CEO salary/compensation is not set by a rational system. Boards set the compensation, and amazingly most boards are made up of CEO's/former CEO's. It is only surprising that this self serving bunch of thieves doesn't set their pay even higher.
    Even they (sometimes) understand that you don't kill the goose that lays the golden egg. In this case, strangling a business by taking insane amounts of its money away and forcing it to shut down rather than steadily milking it repeatedly is a bad idea for their margins. Even they (sometimes) can think ahead.

Admittedly they still take way too much, but not so much that they sink the corporation.

Are you drunk? Seriously. That kind of question suggests low ability to pay attention.
    Again, then why are you complaining?

You said yourself all you want is the Freedom to Get Expensive things.

Every time they build another mansion or buy another yacht someone is employed to build it.
    Yes Well Known Architects are employed to build them once.

Every time they invest in the stock market, companies have access to capital they wouldn't otherwise without some risky bank loan or whatever.
    Okay?

Every time they put money in the bank, that means the bank has enough money to loan it to you, so you can buy things early in your life like a home.
    Banks don't give out loans to just anybody.

And?
    Last edited by szechuan; 2018-06-12 at 09:20 PM.

Absolutely wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

So, what's the problem with allowing more immigration? Every time they work, they produce something. Every house or apartment they rent/buy, someone was employed to build it.Every time they put money in the bank, the bank has enough money to loan it to you, so you can buy things early in your life, like a home.

Seriously, the irony coming from your posts is really entertaining.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Oh i want to see old school union strikes with any scabs learning not to take the job.

It worked last time should fix things again.

Buut see they also keep people trapped by slave wages. Just one hour all it would take is the entire nation walking out for ONE HOUR and our economy would suffer an insane setback.
    You're assuming everyone in every single sector in every company is as unhappy with their job as you are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely wrong.

From which most of the revenue derived from the manufacturer will go to a rich person, since the people building those things are not paid at a level commensurate to the luxury pricetag.

And no, rich people buying luxury products does not drive economic growth.

Which would be fine, if they actually invested in companies as opposed to speculation.

Fractional reserve banking makes this untrue, so no.

Because women can't be wealthy, apparently.

Careful you don't slip on all that Freudian Ice.

You're assuming everyone in every single sector in every company is as unhappy with their job as you are.
    And you're assuming that the Free Market will Automatically Fix Itself.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Thinking someone is over payed and obsessed that someone is over payed are two completely different things. I believe some CEOs are over payed, I also don't give a shit and worry about it, that's a company issue, their company their rules.

Remember Thinks and Obsessed are not Synonyms. I hope this helps.

So then of course you have the citations for this obsession measured right?

Because everything i see is "thinks" and not "obsessed" outside of fringe outliers in both parties.

i'll be waiting for your poll or study that shows this insane obsession on the left.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you work in the private sector, most people are unhappy.