Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    That's pretty cool. Guaranteed 100% ticket sales. Plenty of great fields to play on. Everywhere is just a plane flight away. Just hope no one complains about jetlag.
    they are soccer players, so they will complaining about jetlag even if game one is at their home stadium

How do those multiple host world cups work? Are now all qualified?

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    A continental bid still seems silly to me, spanning thousands of miles, several time zones and two or three languages but at least it will be unique.
    it was done already in 2002 with Japan + S. Korea. but i would have thought the 2026 championat is more evenly distributed among the 3 countries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    How do those multiple host world cups work? Are now all qualified?
    yep, host is always in, so this time 3 teams will be set already. i wonder if it counts against the usual CONCACAF contingent.
    all you need to decide is who is the starter host, because the opening ceremoniy and first game is tied to this decision.
    Last edited by ranzino; 2018-06-13 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post

yep, host is always in, so this time 3 teams already set.
    all you need to decide is who is the starter host, because the opening ceremoniy and first game is tied to this decision.
    Should obviously be Mexico. You know, those, who actually can play soccer. :P
    Although, that is still subject to change. 8 years is an entire new generation.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Should obviously be Mexico. You know, those, who actually can play soccer. :P
    Although, that is still subject to change. 8 years is an entire new generation.
    would be a kickoff in the Aztec Stadium, final place of 1986.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Unless FIFA is paying to host it, then I say hard pass.
    uuh, what is your guess who pays ?
    ofc the 3 national associations are showered with millions, else nobody would host it. FIFA will in turn milk every sponsor and they will gladly pay.

15+ Year Old Account
    Otherwise a great choice, but does that mean all of those teams get a guaranteed spot in the cup....? That's three spots out of the qualifying for Americas..... I don't think other countries over there like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Otherwise a great choice, but does that mean all of those teams get a guaranteed spot in the cup....? That's three spots out of the qualifying for Americas..... I don't think other countries over there like that.
    unless you want to host the championship in countries only who qualify 110 % you'll have to give the host a free spot. for example Qatar would have to pass otherwise.
    and yes, it should count against the CONCACAF contingent, but the 2026 is with 48 teams, 16 more than now. they will spread the additional spots somehow ?
    Last edited by ranzino; 2018-06-13 at 04:39 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    unless you want to host the championship in countries only who qualify 110 % you'll have to give the host a free spot. for example Qatar would have to pass otherwise.
    and yes, it should count against the CONCACAF contingent, but the 2026 is with 48 teams, 12 more than now. they will spread the additional spots somehow ?
    Oh I didn't know they are increasing the tournament size by 50%. Then it's fine.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    The guaranteed spots will probably come out of the American allocation of WC spots, of which they only get 3, unless they'll be increasing the amount of teams at the WC.

blah, keep way from area now the superbowl bring it!
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Yehat View Post
    Well unless Trump declares himself King of the US then he will be gone by 2024 at best!
    Unless hopefully someone shoots his orange ass out of a cannon before that.
    Back On-Topic this is cool news. I hope it pans out and doesnt look like that episode of the simpsons when the spanish soccer association iir comes to springfield

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    Unless hopefully someone shoots his orange ass out of a cannon before that.
    Back On-Topic this is cool news. I hope it pans out and doesnt look like that episode of the simpsons when the spanish soccer association iir comes to springfield
    world championship was in USA in 1994 too, how was it ?

world championship was in USA in 1994 too, how was it ?
    I assumed thats what lead to the episode of the simpsons because its around the same time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LoopyLoop View Post
    Solid choice. The only downside might be the long travel times from game to game.
    True, but long distance travel within continental usa is usually pretty reasonably priced.

Just hope you don't get overbooked

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The final will be held in the Raiders new Vegas stadium.
    the namesake sponsors will be exited: all stadiums will have to portray neutral names during the event.
    "Rose Bowl" is ok, Levi's Stadium or Gilette Stadium are no-noes.

Quote Originally Posted by alahard View Post
    Am I the only one who wants them to stay away from the US? It always cost more to host them then the revenue they bring, and always leave a host of issues.
    That only applies to countries that don't already have the infrastructure to handle the event and have to build new stadiums and supporting infrastructure. The US will make money off this just like 1994.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    USA fans can look forward to the team actually participating in that one.
    Yeah. This World Cup cycle taught the Americans that you can't rely on Mexicans to return a favor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    final will be at metlife stadium.. 60 games will be played in usa 10 games in canada and 10 games in mexico.. so pretty much a usa world cup
    What a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by alahard View Post
    Am I the only one who wants them to stay away from the US? It always cost more to host them then the revenue they bring, and always leave a host of issues.
    Idk if that applies to the US if just because they already have the stadiums and sports infrastructure in place to handle it. There will still be a cost but it’s going to be a lot less than what you’d see for the Olympics (Olympics would still cost a ton in the US since that’s 1 city) or World Cups in other countries where they have to build new stadiums.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Hopefully by then the rules will have changed to allow for rocket packs and giant spiders...
    I would watch that world cup.