Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question You cannot change gear in a M+ dungeon anymore.

Wowhead reported today that a change has been made in the most recent build that disabled any gear changes in M+ dungeons. If this is intended and goes live, how do you feel about this?

In one way, removing the push to swap gear between trash and bosses removes the feeling of needing to min-max every aspect of M+. However, this makes dungeons much less interesting knowing there will just be one set of trinkets and Azerite armor you use for each dungeon.

Deleted
    This is for e-sport reasons aka complete balancing of everything everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    However, this makes dungeons much less interesting
    Or much more interesting to players who dislike the idea of needing to maintain and swap out multiple gear sets in order to be competitive, which I'd bet is 99% of the playerbase.

I hate the fact we can't swap talents at will, this is even worse tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    Or much more interesting to players who dislike the idea of needing to maintain and swap out multiple gear sets in order to be competitive, which I'd bet is 99% of the playerbase.
    I doubt it would be as many as "multiple" gear sets with legendaries going away anyway.

I mean, hell, currently as Ret, I only swap a trinket depending on if it's AoE (Gorshalach's) or single target (Seeping).

This was done because a m+ dungeon is viewed as a unified experience in the same way a raid boss is, you can't change gear mid-fight with a raid boss either.

Deleted
    Personally I like this. Wasn't fond of having 4 different gear sets for different DPS scenarios, in addition to a speed set and a survivability set

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    Are those 99% the ones trying to be competitive? Sounds like they aren't, and completing a +20 without swapping sets was entirely possible.

This just removed depth from the high-end.

Without Legendaries there aren't even that much of a need to swap gear between pulls.

Just pick a trinket that averages well for the dungeon and you're set.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I doubt it would be as many as "multiple" gear sets with legendaries going away anyway.

I mean, hell, currently as Ret, I only swap a trinket depending on if it's AoE (Gorshalach's) or single target (Seeping).
    Point remains that by no longer having to swap this trinket I highly doubt mythic dungeons are suddenly "much less interesting" for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Are those 99% the ones trying to be competitive? Sounds like they aren't, and completing a +20 without swapping sets was entirely possible.

This just removed depth from the high-end.
    Sure, but the idea of possibly needing to do so will alienate a portion from ever attempting to be competitive in the first place. You won't hear many players at the high-end complaining either. Blizzard can now focus on balancing specs based on popular gear choices rather than specs with multiple gear choices. It's a win/win.

7+ Year Old Account
    This mostly sucks for the specs that need defensive sets to keep up with specs that have a good survival kit. It's risking even less class variety at the top end which can still cause a trickle down effect for those "elitist +15 groups" who insist on meta groups for easy keys.

For people who like the change because they hated having to have multiple gear sets, how high of keys were you doing? So far on the official thread feedback the people who are for the change aren't doing keys that require any swaps whereas people pushing high keys that depend on gear swaps are against it. It seems curious that people who should hardly be effected by the change are pushing for it.
    Last edited by ItsTiddles; 2018-06-14 at 01:39 PM.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

To be fair there's only like 5 dungeon trinkets and 3 raid trinkets total for everyone this time, and there is little reason to swap any other piece of gear (other than azerite gear).

This is probably both for e-sports, and to make sure people don't feel obligated to have 20 azerite pieces for every situation. That'd be a pain in the ass.

I wish we had more trinkets though. Most of them are super boring flat secondary stat buffs.

I like this change. The gear swapping meta is just a nightmare for inventory management.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    This was done because a m+ dungeon is viewed as a unified experience in the same way a raid boss is, you can't change gear mid-fight with a raid boss either.
    Actually, you can. Only your weapon and almost nobody ever does ist, but in theory you could ;-)

Looks to me blizzard is really pushing its luck by making couple of questionable changes.

Quote Originally Posted by trajandreps View Post
    This is for e-sport reasons aka complete balancing of everything everywhere.
    Basically this . Blizzard is pushing more and more for M+ being an Esport

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, people did that? Wow.

I did not know that.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Actually, you can. Only your weapon and almost nobody ever does ist, but in theory you could ;-)
    "Fuck, my shield broke!

Don't call wipe yet! I had this green one I looted from the trash!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    "Fuck, my shield broke!

Don't call wipe yet! I had this green one I looted from the trash!"
    Yeah I mean I was in this situation multiple times during my wow career, just not in m+, because if go to red there, EVERYTHING is red.

This is going to hurt specs with low surv that relied on surv gear during certain boss encounters. I think its a shame, min-maxing gear sets and collecting different pieces for different situations is fun in my opinion. It also further reduces how interesting they can make trinkets, can't have pure single target and pure AOE trinkets anymore.